Thief : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Mar 28, 2006
8.3

1. DebraJ
    Apr 12, 2006
    I really like this show...please keep it on.
  2. C.B.
    Apr 20, 2006
    Andre Braugher makes anything worth watching.
  3. DonaldA
    May 15, 2006
    Fantastic! Outstanding! Even the finale was great. Andre Braugher is 100 proof, strong but worth the taste. Really good tv shows never start with a large steady following. I think this show requires a refined taste. Good acting and great cast members, however shortlived, will make this show a winner over time. Please make a season two.
  4. langstonh
    May 2, 2006
    Simply thrilling. simply.
  5. jaimec
    Oct 26, 2006
    i=I absolutely love this show! Me and my cousins call each other every week after it goes off. I cant wait til it comes back on!
  6. GCPulley
    Mar 28, 2006
    Braugher and the Crew are excellent. Second place only to The Wire, so far. Bravo, Thief!
  7. matthewn
    Mar 28, 2006
    A great was really into it cant wait to see next it next tuesday
  8. AngelaS
    Mar 29, 2006
    LOVED IT! Have always loved Andre Braugher and Yancey Arias. Have been waiting on them since Homicide and Kingpin. Didn't want the show to end last night and can hardly wait until next week.
  9. RossE
    Apr 10, 2006
    only six episodes: you have to be kidding.
  10. KashadM
    Apr 18, 2006
    Braugher is terrific. It feels good to see a story that has so many African-American influences from the Anthony Hamilton music to the underlying racial tension of between Nick and his daughter
  11. victoriae
    Apr 1, 2006
    I loved THIEF because it is an orginal concept. The writting, acting and emotional journey was a great ride. The cast did a great job too. Thanks,
  12. GregF
    Apr 25, 2006
    I usually don't participate in surveys like this, but this show is a hit.
  13. AishaG
    May 10, 2006
    Television shows are almost always shallow in characterization and thin on plot. Americans have come to expect very little. Thief is strongly intense and well written. The acting is superb. Andre Braugher is a gift. I thank the writers for giving us, the audience, a lot of credit for our ability to handle a complex plot and characterizations that aren't simple.
  14. kenneths
    May 3, 2006
    good to have another great show to watch after "The Shield" is over for the season. Could hardly wait for Tuesday night to come. Wish the season was longer.
  15. AdamB
    May 5, 2006
    Braugher is an acting genius!
  16. PeterB
    May 6, 2006
    Loved the show. Seasons too short but Braugher is great. The Anthony Hamilton music is great too. Never heard of the guy before the show but I went a checked out a couple of songs after the end of the season finale. Great ending song. Can't wait for the show to run a full season.
  17. toddg
    May 7, 2006
    Thief on FX is an AWESOME Show!!
  18. ShawnG
    Sep 26, 2006
    Please do a second season! One of the best tv shows out. Me and my girlfriend had a hard time waiting for the next episode.
  19. path
    Apr 3, 2007
    This was a GREAT show, to bad it had to end.
  20. Anna
    Dec 28, 2006
    I think this was a pretty good show, I watched every episode some were better than others and I was looking foward to a 2nd season!
  21. KyleN
    Dec 8, 2006
    Typical, the best show of the year only gets 6 episodes and probably will not be back. I guess it has something to do with the fact that it requires a brain to understand it. NOTHING but crap on the TV today. I have not enjoyed a show this much since Boomtown "the police series done from different points of view" In any case Andre Braugher is incredible. I'll be looking for his work to come.
  22. AlbertC
    Mar 27, 2006
    Everyone keeps writing about Andre Braugher, and they should, he's quite brilliant in the series. But what's more reflective is just how refreshing a show can be when it tells the truth, something Network television no longer does. Being a thief is brutal; this is not Cary Grant in It Takes A Thief, but despite the fact that it asks you care about these people, it's never Everyone keeps writing about Andre Braugher, and they should, he's quite brilliant in the series. But what's more reflective is just how refreshing a show can be when it tells the truth, something Network television no longer does. Being a thief is brutal; this is not Cary Grant in It Takes A Thief, but despite the fact that it asks you care about these people, it's never arch about it. Rather it's in your face and it's emotional and it's a thankful addition to the television landscape which as we all know, is beyond repair at this stage. Expand
    WOW!
  24. AubryS
    Mar 28, 2006
    The acting is well above par, and the writing out of the box is excellent. If the strory line continues on the same trajectory as the pilot, and the cast stays together, this show will soon be collecting Emmys along with FX's other high caliber series. I look forward to watching each Tuesday night.
  25. AlG
    Mar 28, 2006
    Awesome!!! Believe the hype...this is great TV.
  26. CynS
    Mar 29, 2006
    I yield to no one in my admiration of Andre Bragher. But I gotta tell y'all that there's not one single authenically New orleans accent in the bunch - not even close - nothing that feels to me (a former resident) as organically *of* New Orleans The choice of New Orleans as the supposed site seems extraneous and I have to cringe at the seemingly glib use of shots of post-Katrina I yield to no one in my admiration of Andre Bragher. But I gotta tell y'all that there's not one single authenically New orleans accent in the bunch - not even close - nothing that feels to me (a former resident) as organically *of* New Orleans The choice of New Orleans as the supposed site seems extraneous and I have to cringe at the seemingly glib use of shots of post-Katrina New Orleans for 'atmosphere'. Expand
  27. TimM
    Mar 29, 2006
    Good start for an interesting series. Braugher is always great, and this is something he can sink his teeth into. Want to see more of New Orleans and more music. Pleanty of room for good character development.
  28. BrianT
    Apr 1, 2006
    Room for improvement certainly. And only a six episode first season is depressing. But Braugher is magic in this role and the complexities surrounding the characters and events promises thrills not unlike The Shield. I loved it.
  29. bdulle
    Apr 12, 2006
    This show drags a little, but works. FX contiues to do the best dramas on non premium tv.
  30. NicoleS
    Apr 12, 2006
    Gritty, smart and stellar performances all around. Finally, a fabulous show for intelligent adults. FX, this one is a keeper!

1. We don’t yet know if Thief will go anywhere surprising.
    As a character study of one man, "Thief" works, but it's going to take a lot more than that to pull us into this very dark, very unforgiving story.
  3. "Thief" is a worthy addition to [FX's] schedule.