Threshold : Season 1

• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 16, 2005
8.0

1. Sep 2, 2012
    The pilot was very good and looked like a set up for a serialized show, but from episode 3 onward its actually a monster of the week format, with people getting infected by the aliens every episode and it become very boring.
  2. PatrickD
    Oct 10, 2005
    Promising, but after 4 shows, it is getting pretty repetitive in what it offers. It needs to try harder to bring something interesting to the table each week in order to win my loyalty. So far, my interest is waning.
  3. marshallm
    Oct 19, 2005
    eh. not as good as invasion.
  4. SpongBo
    Oct 28, 2005
    The effects aren't bad, and there have been some good ideas inamongst it all, but my GOD the scripts are terrible, and the acting fifth-rate.
  5. RobinB
    Oct 12, 2005
    This show started out well, and Peter Dinklage is awesome, but it's crayoning itself into a dark aleey with no exit. The main problem is Brannon Braga - one of the men responsible for ruining the Star Trek franchise with lukewarm to just-plain-boring stories, cheesey dialogue, and poor character development. I see the same pattern developing in "Threshold." If you want to see a This show started out well, and Peter Dinklage is awesome, but it's crayoning itself into a dark aleey with no exit. The main problem is Brannon Braga - one of the men responsible for ruining the Star Trek franchise with lukewarm to just-plain-boring stories, cheesey dialogue, and poor character development. I see the same pattern developing in "Threshold." If you want to see a better, more intriguing new sci-fi show, watch "Surface" instead! Expand

When the show isn't creeping us out with its grim atmosphere and effects, it's undermining its own potential with a self-consciously cutesy gang of heroes, ill-advised humor, and illogical situations.
    The most exciting new show of the fall TV season.
  3. Like "The X-Files," a series it resembles in both look and tone, "Threshold" is as much a horror show as it is a science-fiction program.