• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 16, 2005
8.0

1. KarlD
    Jan 5, 2007
    great show best scifi since xfiles. Is it coming back?
  2. KeithB
    Oct 7, 2005
    It's the perfect show for those of us who miss "The X-Files".
  3. RichardS
    Jan 8, 2006
    This was a great show! good writing and good acting,good story. Again CBS see's something else. Just like Joan of Arcadia , CBS using their ass instead of their brain for thinking and reasoning for the T.V. viewing public. I am DONE with anything on CBS! My new 51 inch tv has channel block on it and CBS is now BLOCKED forever. That means no viewing of any sponsors that support CBS!
  4. VanessaM
    Nov 20, 2005
    Great case. Bonus points for making them actually look like scientists. Cool premise, tightly scripted enough to make you overlook some of the obvious holes (why would that alien probe have landed in the middle of the Ocean exactly?) well-acted and very suspenseful. I'll definitely continue to watch.
  5. DaMan
    Oct 18, 2005
    Good!!
  6. JaredProphet
    Oct 21, 2005
    The Best of the New Sci Fi Shows. I love Carla, and Dutton. The Language Guy is really great too. After so long in reality hell, TV IS BACK!!!
  7. MegR
    Oct 22, 2005
    I can appreciate those people who complain that the show has had gaps and inconsistencies in the first weeks, but come on--when I look back, all of my favorite sci-fi shows took a little time to find their center and flesh out plots and characters. Remember the first season of Star Trek TNG? Anything good that doesn't rely on single-episode stand-alone stories deserves at least a I can appreciate those people who complain that the show has had gaps and inconsistencies in the first weeks, but come on--when I look back, all of my favorite sci-fi shows took a little time to find their center and flesh out plots and characters. Remember the first season of Star Trek TNG? Anything good that doesn't rely on single-episode stand-alone stories deserves at least a season to pull together and prove it's worth. Last night was the 7th episode, and it was amazing--Threshold will prove itself worthy if you let it. Expand
  8. LenaI
    Dec 4, 2005
    It was the best show on TV : intelligent, not typical, with mysterious atmosphere in the best tradition of X-Files. CBS made big mistake when they canceled it. I was very upset.
  9. MarcD.
    Oct 5, 2005
    This is definitely a fun show, with a tremendous cast. Many character actors like Peter Dinklage and the dude from Felicity are perfect for this sort of platform. The overarching story is pretty spooky, too.
  10. AdamC
    Dec 7, 2006
    the only show anywhere that could quiet my crowd down hope it returns soon or it'll be rowdy here again w/o
  11. JoanneC
    Feb 12, 2006
    it is a gr8 show and i hope it cums bk on.it is 1 of my top fav shows
  12. C.B.Browne
    Oct 10, 2005
    The X-Files with better actors...
  13. JohnW
    Nov 18, 2005
    Initial thoughts are what a great new series. Very edgy, and dark. Cant wait for next week
  14. Jim
    Oct 21, 2005
    This is simply the best written sci-fi show on tv since X-files or Earth 2. The cast is amazing. I would rate it higher if I could.
  15. sandraf
    Dec 22, 2005
    Excellent show, good stories, good actors
  16. BenB
    Oct 31, 2005
    Great new show!
  17. MiguelG
    Oct 7, 2005
    Great shows like CSI,The X-Files,Dallas,Miami Vice, Everybody Loves Raymond have started out Fridays. I hope the fate of this show is the same.
  18. AdamS
    Oct 9, 2005
    A really intriguing and frightening premise that taps into shared dreams and alien induced psychosis. The 'special government team' stuff get's a little clunky but if the show doesn't get lost in it's present time slot, it could develope an X Files- like following.
  19. pamk
    Jan 10, 2006
    what was cbs thinking? like abc and the night stalker they never give the good ones a chance and replace them with crappy new shows. change days and time slots and maybe these great show will survive. no wonder they are struggling in the rating games.
  20. JurgenD
    Jan 9, 2006
    more more I wanne see more. It is a really good show
  21. MarkB
    Nov 10, 2005
    Love it... A little repetative though. Love Carla ( of course ), love Peter ( some great lines ). Maybe needs another dose of aliens arriving..( or did I miss that show ).
  22. elizabethm
    Nov 27, 2005
    Love the show. It keeps me guessing! And what would we do if something like this really happened?!
    Dec 24, 2005
    Wonderfully prchestrated cast. Refreshing storylines, and action make this one of the best sci-fi shows to hit the screen in a while
  24. JoeH
    Oct 25, 2005
    My favorate of the alien offerings this season. Carla Gugino is super-HOT, Brent Spiner evokes nostalgia of Star Trek, and Peter Dinklage is really cool and gets the best lines!
  25. MichaelR
    Oct 27, 2005
    Excellent new show!
  26. murdock
    Nov 23, 2006
    I've watched all 13 episodes and I want more....CBS were the wrong company to be supporting this. Lets hope another station will pick it up. One with a good reputation...
  27. JenniferG
    Jan 15, 2007
    This was a great show. Is it going to back on air? I seen it on the sci fi channel toward the end of 2006
  28. enemyone
    Nov 16, 2005
    start to finish a wild ride every week
  29. KariL
    Nov 25, 2005
    Edgey, intelligent, enjoyable....too bad they have already cancelled it....CBS has lost me as a viewer.
  30. May 28, 2011
    Somebody important wanted to kill this series. It switched from Friday to Tuesday unannounced to its viewers and then when nobody watched it, the show was cancelled the next day.

I liked the way it portrayed the unrestricted power of secret government agencies.

When the show isn't creeping us out with its grim atmosphere and effects, it's undermining its own potential with a self-consciously cutesy gang of heroes, ill-advised humor, and illogical situations.
    The most exciting new show of the fall TV season.
  3. Like "The X-Files," a series it resembles in both look and tone, "Threshold" is as much a horror show as it is a science-fiction program.