• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 16, 2005
8.0

1. Sep 2, 2012
    The pilot was very good and looked like a set up for a serialized show, but from episode 3 onward its actually a monster of the week format, with people getting infected by the aliens every episode and it become very boring.
  2. KarlD
    Jan 5, 2007
    great show best scifi since xfiles. Is it coming back?
  3. ElectraFried
    Oct 10, 2005
    I endured 3 episodes hoping Threshold would live up to the promise of next x-files, but it became hokier with each episode. The implausible premise that the US is going to turn over all decisions and activities about an alien invasion to such a cast of cartoon characters was bad, but the use of the triple helix as a kind of deux ex machina was just too annoying. Work the plot into an I endured 3 episodes hoping Threshold would live up to the promise of next x-files, but it became hokier with each episode. The implausible premise that the US is going to turn over all decisions and activities about an alien invasion to such a cast of cartoon characters was bad, but the use of the triple helix as a kind of deux ex machina was just too annoying. Work the plot into an inexplicable corner -- voila! the triple helix. Get some new writers and some less canned dialog and play and i might tune in again. Expand
  4. KeithB
    Oct 7, 2005
    It's the perfect show for those of us who miss "The X-Files".
  5. RichardS
    Jan 8, 2006
    This was a great show! good writing and good acting,good story. Again CBS see's something else. Just like Joan of Arcadia , CBS using their ass instead of their brain for thinking and reasoning for the T.V. viewing public. I am DONE with anything on CBS! My new 51 inch tv has channel block on it and CBS is now BLOCKED forever. That means no viewing of any sponsors that support CBS!
  6. VanessaM
    Nov 20, 2005
    Great case. Bonus points for making them actually look like scientists. Cool premise, tightly scripted enough to make you overlook some of the obvious holes (why would that alien probe have landed in the middle of the Ocean exactly?) well-acted and very suspenseful. I'll definitely continue to watch.
  7. DaMan
    Oct 18, 2005
    Good!!
  8. JaredProphet
    Oct 21, 2005
    The Best of the New Sci Fi Shows. I love Carla, and Dutton. The Language Guy is really great too. After so long in reality hell, TV IS BACK!!!
  9. MegR
    Oct 22, 2005
    I can appreciate those people who complain that the show has had gaps and inconsistencies in the first weeks, but come on--when I look back, all of my favorite sci-fi shows took a little time to find their center and flesh out plots and characters. Remember the first season of Star Trek TNG? Anything good that doesn't rely on single-episode stand-alone stories deserves at least a I can appreciate those people who complain that the show has had gaps and inconsistencies in the first weeks, but come on--when I look back, all of my favorite sci-fi shows took a little time to find their center and flesh out plots and characters. Remember the first season of Star Trek TNG? Anything good that doesn't rely on single-episode stand-alone stories deserves at least a season to pull together and prove it's worth. Last night was the 7th episode, and it was amazing--Threshold will prove itself worthy if you let it. Collapse
  10. PForst
    Dec 2, 2005
    eerie premise, good action, Gugino- damsel in distress, ingenious infection keeps team on toes
  11. LenaI
    Dec 4, 2005
    It was the best show on TV : intelligent, not typical, with mysterious atmosphere in the best tradition of X-Files. CBS made big mistake when they canceled it. I was very upset.
  12. MarcD.
    Oct 5, 2005
    This is definitely a fun show, with a tremendous cast. Many character actors like Peter Dinklage and the dude from Felicity are perfect for this sort of platform. The overarching story is pretty spooky, too.
  13. Zefrem
    Jan 10, 2006
    The show consistently contradicts things it said previously which makes the science in this show truly laughable. Braga should stick to the outlandish Trek plots he cut his teeth on. Carla Gugino is helluva sexy, and Brent Spiner tried really hard to bring some class to the show, and even the little dude is cool. But when the writing is this bad, euthanasia is really the only solution.
  14. AdamC
    Dec 7, 2006
    the only show anywhere that could quiet my crowd down hope it returns soon or it'll be rowdy here again w/o
  15. JoanneC
    Feb 12, 2006
    it is a gr8 show and i hope it cums bk on.it is 1 of my top fav shows
  16. C.B.Browne
    Oct 10, 2005
    The X-Files with better actors...
  17. PatrickD
    Oct 10, 2005
    Promising, but after 4 shows, it is getting pretty repetitive in what it offers. It needs to try harder to bring something interesting to the table each week in order to win my loyalty. So far, my interest is waning.
  18. JohnW
    Nov 18, 2005
    Initial thoughts are what a great new series. Very edgy, and dark. Cant wait for next week
  19. TerryM
    Oct 14, 2005
    Fri. Oct. 14, 2005-9:31 pm cst I watched "Threshold" for the first time tonight, From what I saw. It is a pretty good show. I'm a real Brent Spiner fan. I used to watch him on "Star Trek:The Next Generation". And I saw all the ST:TNG movies. So, "Treshhold" looks pretty good to me, after watching for the first time tonight. Sincerely, Terry Marvin
  20. marshallm
    Oct 19, 2005
    eh. not as good as invasion.
  21. Jim
    Oct 21, 2005
    This is simply the best written sci-fi show on tv since X-files or Earth 2. The cast is amazing. I would rate it higher if I could.
  22. sandraf
    Dec 22, 2005
    Excellent show, good stories, good actors
  23. Dee
    Oct 23, 2005
    The show started out good but it's starting to get repetitive and slightly boring. The characters need more development and there seems to be too much dialogue about what's going on or gonna happen and not enough action. Even when the team goes to investigate a scene, they spend most of the time talking with very little action.
  24. SpongBo
    Oct 28, 2005
    The effects aren't bad, and there have been some good ideas inamongst it all, but my GOD the scripts are terrible, and the acting fifth-rate.
  25. BenB
    Oct 31, 2005
    Great new show!
  26. MiguelG
    Oct 7, 2005
    Great shows like CSI,The X-Files,Dallas,Miami Vice, Everybody Loves Raymond have started out Fridays. I hope the fate of this show is the same.
  27. AdamS
    Oct 9, 2005
    A really intriguing and frightening premise that taps into shared dreams and alien induced psychosis. The 'special government team' stuff get's a little clunky but if the show doesn't get lost in it's present time slot, it could develope an X Files- like following.
  28. pamk
    Jan 10, 2006
    what was cbs thinking? like abc and the night stalker they never give the good ones a chance and replace them with crappy new shows. change days and time slots and maybe these great show will survive. no wonder they are struggling in the rating games.
  29. JurgenD
    Jan 9, 2006
    more more I wanne see more. It is a really good show
  30. MarkB
    Nov 10, 2005
    Love it... A little repetative though. Love Carla ( of course ), love Peter ( some great lines ). Maybe needs another dose of aliens arriving..( or did I miss that show ).
  31. GarretA
    Nov 2, 2005
    Painfully bogus science makes this show the worst of the many new alien invasion shows. My disbelief was definitely not suspended, as there simply is too much to disbelieve. What a waste of otherwise great production values.
  32. RobinB
    Oct 12, 2005
    This show started out well, and Peter Dinklage is awesome, but it's crayoning itself into a dark aleey with no exit. The main problem is Brannon Braga - one of the men responsible for ruining the Star Trek franchise with lukewarm to just-plain-boring stories, cheesey dialogue, and poor character development. I see the same pattern developing in "Threshold." If you want to see a This show started out well, and Peter Dinklage is awesome, but it's crayoning itself into a dark aleey with no exit. The main problem is Brannon Braga - one of the men responsible for ruining the Star Trek franchise with lukewarm to just-plain-boring stories, cheesey dialogue, and poor character development. I see the same pattern developing in "Threshold." If you want to see a better, more intriguing new sci-fi show, watch "Surface" instead! Expand
  33. elizabethm
    Nov 27, 2005
    Love the show. It keeps me guessing! And what would we do if something like this really happened?!
    Dec 24, 2005
    Wonderfully prchestrated cast. Refreshing storylines, and action make this one of the best sci-fi shows to hit the screen in a while
  35. JohnsonL
    Oct 23, 2005
    Great cast
  36. JoeH
    Oct 25, 2005
    My favorate of the alien offerings this season. Carla Gugino is super-HOT, Brent Spiner evokes nostalgia of Star Trek, and Peter Dinklage is really cool and gets the best lines!
  37. MichaelR
    Oct 27, 2005
    Excellent new show!
  38. SonnyB
    Oct 28, 2005
    Please don't even compare this piece of garbage to any shows that have been on TV before it. I actually watched two episodes before I came out of my stupor of stupidity thinking it would get BETTER! They must have tricked these actors into doing it by showing them a different script than the one they actually have to perform.
  39. murdock
    Nov 23, 2006
    I've watched all 13 episodes and I want more....CBS were the wrong company to be supporting this. Lets hope another station will pick it up. One with a good reputation...
  40. JenniferG
    Jan 15, 2007
    This was a great show. Is it going to back on air? I seen it on the sci fi channel toward the end of 2006
  41. enemyone
    Nov 16, 2005
    start to finish a wild ride every week
  42. KariL
    Nov 25, 2005
    Edgey, intelligent, enjoyable....too bad they have already cancelled it....CBS has lost me as a viewer.
  43. May 28, 2011
    Somebody important wanted to kill this series. It switched from Friday to Tuesday unannounced to its viewers and then when nobody watched it, the show was cancelled the next day.

I liked the way it portrayed the unrestricted power of secret government agencies.
  44. Jan 25, 2015
    Threshold is a disaster. Completely incompetent, unsympathetic characters. Carla Gugino running aimlessly, constantly mouth open like a fish, with lips that look as if her boyfriend beat her at night. That's all what it does as a scientist. Brian Van Holt also tried his role frantically to express. Unfortunately, he has only one or at most two facial expressions. Embarrassing. To furtherThreshold is a disaster. Completely incompetent, unsympathetic characters. Carla Gugino running aimlessly, constantly mouth open like a fish, with lips that look as if her boyfriend beat her at night. That's all what it does as a scientist. Brian Van Holt also tried his role frantically to express. Unfortunately, he has only one or at most two facial expressions. Embarrassing. To further fail all other perk. Peter Dinklage plays also a pitifully role.If scientists and government officials consist of such clumsy idiot when alien come, then good night.
    The only exception: Brent Spinner. He is also the only one who makes meaningful contributions to the thing itself. At Brannon Braga: Eccentric behavior does not necessarily mean disability! The series is thus completely ludicrous. Illogical and even stupid. Quite rightly, the series was canceled.
    A benefit of having found a backer for this miserable job performance. That's worth an asterisk.

When the show isn't creeping us out with its grim atmosphere and effects, it's undermining its own potential with a self-consciously cutesy gang of heroes, ill-advised humor, and illogical situations.
    The most exciting new show of the fall TV season.
  3. Like "The X-Files," a series it resembles in both look and tone, "Threshold" is as much a horror show as it is a science-fiction program.