ThunderCats : Season 1

7.5

1. Jun 8, 2012
    Being as this is a reboot, I would be wrong to base my feelings about this show on the original-because it's nothing like it. Everything about the show has been updated and for most of it, its a definite improvement(remember the kick-ass opening to the original then to watch clunky animation in the episode), the major stumbling block I've got with the show is the sea-saw way the storyBeing as this is a reboot, I would be wrong to base my feelings about this show on the original-because it's nothing like it. Everything about the show has been updated and for most of it, its a definite improvement(remember the kick-ass opening to the original then to watch clunky animation in the episode), the major stumbling block I've got with the show is the sea-saw way the story goes, its a dark and serious tone one week, then silly and totally stupid the next(I'll give that good shows can do this, Avatar can do this in one episode very well) I'm watching Lion-O fighting to save his brother one day and while thats going on, wiley kit & kat are goofing off, then theres no mention of the pain that Tygra went through chronologically later.
    Some of the writing is very lazy, with a faux-love triangle build to be simply shrugged off later, would it kill them to have an emotional break for a character to become better from, while the other accepts their role in the damages done and moves on from it.
    Perhaps I'm asking too much of a show intended for kids, but dammit Avatar was able to introduce racism, political aggression, rebellion, mythology and some real character growth from the beginning to end, why the hell can't they do something like this with Thundercats?
    So, is it bad-no, but its a lot like most shows these days, hopefully it will get better before the end.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Aug 1, 2011
    ThunderCats fanboys and girls will approve, although the story does feel a lot darker and more violent.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Aug 1, 2011
    The template sets up a semi-serialized storyline hewing pretty closely to the original but with some interesting twists.