• Network: FOX
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
5.7

1. NatalieS
    Sep 10, 2006
    I would've given lower, but I guess my 'loyalty' to Brad Garrett is keeping me from doing so. That being said, I'm incredibly disappointed in this show. I always do expect alot out of majorly hyped up shows, but this one could not have turned out worse. Brad and Joely are lovely actors to watch and have perfect comic timing but in this sitcom, they are merely I would've given lower, but I guess my 'loyalty' to Brad Garrett is keeping me from doing so. That being said, I'm incredibly disappointed in this show. I always do expect alot out of majorly hyped up shows, but this one could not have turned out worse. Brad and Joely are lovely actors to watch and have perfect comic timing but in this sitcom, they are merely laughable, (and not in a good way whatsoever) no thanks to a corny script. These fine actors deserve MUCH better than this. Expand
  2. Diego
    Mar 13, 2009
    You would think this show would be off the air by now. It gives in to literally every sitcom convention from the good looking wife married to goofy looking husband to the stealing jokes from all other sitcoms. Simply horrendous.
  3. FredS
    Sep 8, 2006
    Brad is good actor but he is connected to bad scrpit writers. The show went to fast into sexual overtones and overplayed his part. There was't much of the plot building up to a theme that that could make an impression. I doubt the show will last the season. Brade needs Raymond's help!
  4. SandraR
    Sep 19, 2006
    Awful show. Joy Stamm (Joely Fisher) looks like Raymond's wife. It's not funny it's probably the worst sit com I've ever seen.
  5. Kate
    Sep 8, 2006
    I thought this show was hilarious. I love Brad Garrett's facial expressions.
  6. MattJ
    Oct 6, 2006
    I can't believe (actually I can believe) that Fox exploited the baseball playoffs (Mets/Dodgers 10/5/06) to promote their show. Each time a pitch was thrown, you could see "DEATH" over the pitcher's left shoulder. What kind of subliminal message is this promoting?
  7. suek
    Sep 8, 2006
    loved it! laughed myself silly! I've only been married for 9 but most couples no matter how they've been married, can relate! Can't wait to watch again next week.
  8. amym
    Oct 2, 2006
    I've seen three episodes of this show now (two last night on Sunday) and find it VERY funny!!
  9. MariaE
    Oct 27, 2006
    Hate it...I bet (Garrett is kickin his own ass right now for NOT doing the "Raymond" spin-off...i laughed once during the Pilot...it wasnt even a laugh...it was like a chuckle...it was the only funny part not on the promos nvr watched it again...
  10. BobbieD
    Oct 5, 2006
    This show makes me laugh out loud! I really think Garrett has a real talent for humor and the situations are very much like real life.
  11. TracyM
    Oct 6, 2006
    My husband and I love it. One of the only shows out there that makes us both laugh.
  12. jane
    Sep 15, 2006
    In a word "boring"
  13. robertk
    Sep 24, 2006
    Till they put something better on -- this is a time slot that can take a mediocre show to win the time slot = but it isn't til death!
  14. Sean
    Sep 8, 2006
    In highschool, I had a French teacher named "Woodcock". If an entire highschool of kids can go for years without having to pander to the obvious and lampoon the teacher in so many other better ways, I think that pretty much says it all about the calibre of in the laughs to be had here. I didn't laugh.
  15. BillW
    Sep 8, 2006
    Not only terrible, but an insult to our intelligence! Easily one of worse sitcoms of all time! Fire the writers, now!!!
  16. SaidB
    Jan 18, 2007
    Give it a chance if it does not work out cancell it
  17. ChrisL.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Always makes me laugh.
  18. Joy
    Apr 13, 2007
    This show looked lame when I saw the previews for it but I gave it a chance since Brad Garrett is one of the stars. Boy, did it stink! We've heard these jokes before on unfunnier shows. I give the show 2 months before it gets pulled off the air.
  19. RayS
    Oct 12, 2006
    If you've been married for a while, say 10+ years, you can definitely relate to it, as we did. The fix-a-leak, change-the-furniture, spouse-invites-friends-over, etc. scenarios were quite classic. Some of the lines are pretty stale, though, and the younger couple isn't all that funny.
  20. Nichole
    Oct 16, 2006
    I love this show. It was hilarious.
  21. DavidH
    Dec 2, 2006
    I think this show is funny and deserves a chance to develop. I hope they don't "develop" it like they did "Arrested Development" into every possible timeslot every time I turn it on.
  22. NickD
    Oct 6, 2006
    I don't remember why I ended up watching this show (is it on after something good?), but after watching one episode, I have absolutely no interest in watching it again. Even the jokes during the promo commercials aren't funny (except the wedding band/quarters thing), which is a really bad sign. Not only are the jokes horribly predictable, they're repeated ad nauseum to I don't remember why I ended up watching this show (is it on after something good?), but after watching one episode, I have absolutely no interest in watching it again. Even the jokes during the promo commercials aren't funny (except the wedding band/quarters thing), which is a really bad sign. Not only are the jokes horribly predictable, they're repeated ad nauseum to attempt a Seinfeldian catharsis; problem is that the jokes are neither insightful nor funny. If this show makes it into a 2nd season I will be extremely shocked. Expand
  23. anne
    Sep 18, 2006
    It is really cute. If you've been married for more than 5 minutes you can see a little of yourselves in these two characters.
  24. MaryR
    Sep 23, 2006
    I like this show! Why is everyone so down on it? It has only aired 3 episodes, give them time to set the scene and tell the story. My god you people are so impatient. If you dont like it turn the channel!!!
  25. BrandonS
    Sep 7, 2006
    With commercials that unfunny, I can't imagine the show would be any good. I'm passing on this dud.
  26. MilesH
    Sep 7, 2006
    It's almost as bad as your ming will let it be.
  27. suez
    Sep 9, 2006
    what year is this? so stereotypical that men want this, women want that... i don't know any couples who act like this. it's so old fashioned. and everyone overacted to compensate for the material.
  28. Eli
    Sep 9, 2006
    This is an awful show. Terrrible unfunny jokes throughout the half hour of torture. Painfully unfunny writing and some cringe inducing jokes. Come who really thought this show would be good I mean it's FOX the master of shit sitcoms.
  29. AllisonJ
    Jan 9, 2007
    Love this show!!! It is the only show other than "24" that I make sure not to miss.
  30. BrianJ
    Jan 9, 2007
    Terrific show! Hoping the popularity of this show will get 'The War at Home' (trash) cancelled!
  31. NikeH
    May 2, 2007
    It's pretty damn funny at times... it's a "situational comedy" and brings up some hilarious points that people can relate to in married suburbia life.
  32. PattyB
    Sep 11, 2006
    Language, sexual content turned me off. Had some funny parts, like his old self on Raymond. Did not feel comfortable watching this with my 15 yr. old son. Had to turn off when guy begins gyrating and talking about doing it on the new pool table. Read preview for following week and took off my Season Pass. Sorry, was hoping for more than this cheap trash!
  33. LesleyJ
    Sep 13, 2006
    I love Brad Garrett and think he is worth watching. It is not the best show ever, but might improve in future episodes.
  34. RavG
    Sep 17, 2006
    Brad Garrett has a dry wit, something not everyone appreciate.The chemistry between the two(Garrett,Fisher) needs some syncing, but this can only happen with time and familiarity.The writing seems to be a wandering brook looking for that surge that will enable a nice flow.All in all,I watched the few shows only because of Garrett and would have ranked it lower if not for him!
  35. FrankK
    Sep 17, 2006
    Basically a one-joke show. I can't see how a series can grow from a show that seems to have only four characters. And most of all, every time I see Eddie Kaye Thomas, I think of him as Finch from American Pie. I'd pick this show over the War at Home, but otherwise it's at the bottom of Fox's comedy barrel.
  36. ChrisL
    Sep 26, 2006
    I like this show my husband and I laugh throughout.
  37. SandyL
    Jan 17, 2007
    I love this show!!!I I started loving Garrett near the last season of Raymond, so to see him act again is great. He is hilarious and so is Joely. Keep it coming!!
  38. ScottG
    Feb 14, 2007
    The concept is fine, the casting is right (I'd watch Joely Fisher in anything), but the scripting is weak; there's a lack of crispness that translates into a lack of laughs. The episode where Mrs. Woodcock has a sex dream about Brad Garrett's "Eddie" was ripped off from "Home Improvement". This does not bode well for the future.
  39. Sep 4, 2010
    I loved Til Death until they took the Woodcocks(Steph and Jeff)off the show. They were the laughing stock of it. I stopped watching it after they were taken off the show.
  40. Mar 1, 2014
    I saw one episode of the show, and it was an incredibly weird experience. The jokes, the relationship between the main couple, the characterization--it's like watching familiar actors parodying Debra and Raymond on Everybody Loves Raymond!

1. Sometimes what should be dark comedy is just plain depressing. [8 Sep 2006, p.156]
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Put it this way: Any comedy that milks multiple jokes from a character being named "Woodcock" is pretty much running on fumes.
  3. The pilot plot... follows a well-worn path of sitcoms traceable back to when cavemen acted them out with large dinosaur bones as props.