Til Death : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
5.7

1. NatalieS
    Sep 10, 2006
    I would've given lower, but I guess my 'loyalty' to Brad Garrett is keeping me from doing so. That being said, I'm incredibly disappointed in this show. I always do expect alot out of majorly hyped up shows, but this one could not have turned out worse. Brad and Joely are lovely actors to watch and have perfect comic timing but in this sitcom, they are merely I would've given lower, but I guess my 'loyalty' to Brad Garrett is keeping me from doing so. That being said, I'm incredibly disappointed in this show. I always do expect alot out of majorly hyped up shows, but this one could not have turned out worse. Brad and Joely are lovely actors to watch and have perfect comic timing but in this sitcom, they are merely laughable, (and not in a good way whatsoever) no thanks to a corny script. These fine actors deserve MUCH better than this. Expand
  2. FredS
    Sep 8, 2006
    Brad is good actor but he is connected to bad scrpit writers. The show went to fast into sexual overtones and overplayed his part. There was't much of the plot building up to a theme that that could make an impression. I doubt the show will last the season. Brade needs Raymond's help!
  3. robertk
    Sep 24, 2006
    Till they put something better on -- this is a time slot that can take a mediocre show to win the time slot = but it isn't til death!
  4. RavG
    Sep 17, 2006
    Brad Garrett has a dry wit, something not everyone appreciate.The chemistry between the two(Garrett,Fisher) needs some syncing, but this can only happen with time and familiarity.The writing seems to be a wandering brook looking for that surge that will enable a nice flow.All in all,I watched the few shows only because of Garrett and would have ranked it lower if not for him!
  5. FrankK
    Sep 17, 2006
    Basically a one-joke show. I can't see how a series can grow from a show that seems to have only four characters. And most of all, every time I see Eddie Kaye Thomas, I think of him as Finch from American Pie. I'd pick this show over the War at Home, but otherwise it's at the bottom of Fox's comedy barrel.
  6. ScottG
    Feb 14, 2007
    The concept is fine, the casting is right (I'd watch Joely Fisher in anything), but the scripting is weak; there's a lack of crispness that translates into a lack of laughs. The episode where Mrs. Woodcock has a sex dream about Brad Garrett's "Eddie" was ripped off from "Home Improvement". This does not bode well for the future.
  7. Mar 1, 2014
    I saw one episode of the show, and it was an incredibly weird experience. The jokes, the relationship between the main couple, the characterization--it's like watching familiar actors parodying Debra and Raymond on Everybody Loves Raymond!

1. Sometimes what should be dark comedy is just plain depressing. [8 Sep 2006, p.156]
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Put it this way: Any comedy that milks multiple jokes from a character being named "Woodcock" is pretty much running on fumes.
  3. The pilot plot... follows a well-worn path of sitcoms traceable back to when cavemen acted them out with large dinosaur bones as props.