• Network: Bravo
Season #: 1, 2
7.5

1. Chris
    Sep 19, 2007
    I was informed and entertained.. as the show grows I think more people will come around.
  2. Kim
    Sep 20, 2007
    I have watched all the episodes so far. They are a little formulated. The show would be better if they varied the script a bit. I would also like to see on Bravo's website where the clothes were bought, brand, and cost.
  3. Irene
    Sep 20, 2007
    I really love this show . Tim is a very classy guy and seems to be sensitive to the guests on his show. He is able to make his guest comfortable and is not so quick to put them down. I don't like the other shows which seem to be a little insensitive to their guests.
  4. jenna
    Oct 2, 2007
    The show needs to be revamped. It's a bit tedious to repeat so many of the same lessons. Also, how does a wardrobe of 10 staples translate across various socio-economic divisions. Getting rid of an entire wardrobe, and replacing it with 10 pieces seems like the women are getting a raw deal. Also, I could do without all the advertising tie-ins. Not really loving the work of the The show needs to be revamped. It's a bit tedious to repeat so many of the same lessons. Also, how does a wardrobe of 10 staples translate across various socio-economic divisions. Getting rid of an entire wardrobe, and replacing it with 10 pieces seems like the women are getting a raw deal. Also, I could do without all the advertising tie-ins. Not really loving the work of the Garnier-Fructis stylist, or the Maybelline cosmetics rep. Though the gift of a designer outfit is a nice touch. Expand
  5. KevinL
    Sep 12, 2007
    I am begging Bravo -- begging!! -- if you want to make this show a bit better, please please please ditch the Jared Weiss "life coach" sections. Watching them feels like having a person with Tourette syndrome scraping your inner ear with a syringe needle.
  6. NG
    Sep 14, 2007
    I did not find the show entertaining and only slightly informative regarding fashion. I was unclear if the show was supposed to be about how to build the correct wardrobe for your body type or how to build your self-esteem by learning to walk tall, with proper fitting under garments.
  7. CynthiaB.
    Sep 29, 2007
    I LOVE this show. As a 57 year old married social worker with a teenage son, who works full time and part time. We with three cats and a dog, I find I do not spend enough time focusing on my clothes. Much of my shopping is done at the local Good Will. (I occasionally find a diamond in the rough there.) However, I take care of myself going to the gym 5 days a week for a minimum of one hour I LOVE this show. As a 57 year old married social worker with a teenage son, who works full time and part time. We with three cats and a dog, I find I do not spend enough time focusing on my clothes. Much of my shopping is done at the local Good Will. (I occasionally find a diamond in the rough there.) However, I take care of myself going to the gym 5 days a week for a minimum of one hour each visit, and have kept in shape. But my clothes have not. Much of what I wear harkens back to the 70's. So Tim Gunn's Guide to Fashion has been a big help! Plus I love the compassion he feels for his makeovers. He clearly cares for them, while exhibiting a sense of humor. I love this program and am so glad I discovered. Cynthia Brink Expand
  8. ChanningB.
    Sep 7, 2007
    Everyone here needs to get real and stop aping other shows. Timm has a lot of style and needs to let it shine through sincerely instead of succumbing to Bravo-isms. Personal standards!
  9. marlenek.
    Oct 19, 2007
    I like this show a lot because of the information about body type dressing. There is more emphasis on professionalism and less on glib remarks, so the viewer gets a lot more real help understanding the science of dressing. There are a few things that feel over the top, like going to the designer's showroom and the gift that is given to each client, but other than those minor things, I like this show a lot because of the information about body type dressing. There is more emphasis on professionalism and less on glib remarks, so the viewer gets a lot more real help understanding the science of dressing. There are a few things that feel over the top, like going to the designer's showroom and the gift that is given to each client, but other than those minor things, i like the show very much. More advertisement and TV reminders needed please. Couldn't find it this week. Expand
  10. JudithW.
    Sep 11, 2007
    Dull, dull, dull. And Tim Gun's pop psychology is embarrassing.
  11. SaraS.
    Sep 27, 2007
    One thing that sets this makeover show appart from the rest is that while showing you a better way to dress yourself, it doesn't make you feel bad about yourself. The idea that in order for a makeover to make you really change you need to tear down the makeovered to rock bottom with critical comments and scathing remarks is nonsense.

If the slightly less relaxed Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style doesn’t quite have "What Not to Wear’s" tone of cheeky camaraderie, well, never mind. It has Gunn’s "make it work" philosophy at its heart, and it has his spirit of compassionate, caring honesty.
  2. Gunn is best when showing us what he knows, reacting critically to the thing in front of him rather than speaking lines meant to jog the narrative or jack up the drama.
  3. Reviewed by: Anne Bratskeir
    He's sincere; he rings true. And that is why, in the wasteland of reality and makeover shows, Gunn shines.