Top Chef : Season 5

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
7.5

1. AnthonyU
    Mar 10, 2009
    After this unremarkable season I think the show should be renamed "Mediocre Chef."
  2. RedD.
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't like the trend that Top Chef, Top Design, and Project Runway are having of getting more experienced contestants. Watching people who already have made a name for themselves is not as interesting or exciting as the first seasons when people were experienced but not already top-of-the-line professionals. The judges are all returning from prior seasons. It will be interesting to I don't like the trend that Top Chef, Top Design, and Project Runway are having of getting more experienced contestants. Watching people who already have made a name for themselves is not as interesting or exciting as the first seasons when people were experienced but not already top-of-the-line professionals. The judges are all returning from prior seasons. It will be interesting to see what challenges are created this time around. Expand
  3. Dec 30, 2011
    This show is not as exciting as I was expecting. I think it lack suprises...although it has suprises. Maybe the actions of the chefs is the reason because we can predict on what they are going to do next.

1. Top Chef is a show where you wouldn't mind having almost any of these people fix your dinner. That may sound like a formula for disaster among these types of shows, but in reality, it works out well.
    Great fun, good personalities and some fine food. All in all, the start to another good season(ing).
  3. The challenges--including a head-to-head competition where pairs of chefs are sent into various New York neighborhoods and told to cook the local cuisine--seem appropriately Big Apple-centric without being silly.