Top Chef : Season 5

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
7.5

1. ChrisS.
    Dec 30, 2008
    I love this show and I'm not ashamed to say that. However, I am not liking the "Real World-esque" inclusions that they've really pushed into Season 3. I also don't understand why in the initial episodes, they would refrain from showing the dishes of EVERY chef - not just the ones that the producers are trying to set viewers up to love/hate. Each of the contestants brings I love this show and I'm not ashamed to say that. However, I am not liking the "Real World-esque" inclusions that they've really pushed into Season 3. I also don't understand why in the initial episodes, they would refrain from showing the dishes of EVERY chef - not just the ones that the producers are trying to set viewers up to love/hate. Each of the contestants brings something different to the realm of food and instead of focusing on asides of the European duo frolicking, flirtatious moments, unnecessary "drama", etc., I'd love to see them cooking and hear more about the backstories of each of the culinary competitors. Expand

1. Top Chef is a show where you wouldn't mind having almost any of these people fix your dinner. That may sound like a formula for disaster among these types of shows, but in reality, it works out well.
    Great fun, good personalities and some fine food. All in all, the start to another good season(ing).
  3. The challenges--including a head-to-head competition where pairs of chefs are sent into various New York neighborhoods and told to cook the local cuisine--seem appropriately Big Apple-centric without being silly.