- Network: Bravo
- Series Premiere Date: Mar 8, 2006
- Summary: The reality show brings 17 contestants together to compete for the title of Top Chef in the nation's capitol.
- Genre(s): Reality, Game Show, Food & Cooking
- Season 7 premiere date: Jun 16, 2010
- Episode Length: 60
- Air Time: 10:00 PM
- More Details and Credits »
Unlike shows that rely on flamboyant judges for much of their color, Top Chef has mostly risen and fallen on the personality and skills of the contestants. So it's off to a good start this time around.
Chef remains the model for cook-off competitions, balancing casual insight into culinary art with psychological snapshots of the aspiring chefs. This recipe can't be improved on.
Published: July 27, 2010Reality competition shows have become a fixture of primetime television over the past decade. Our reality TV expert selects some of the best and worst examples of the genre from the past 10 years.
- By user score