4.0

1. Dec 6, 2010
    A fresh take on the UK show. The presenters are great being both younger and fresher than the UK hosts. I am a big fan of the UK show but it has become a bit cliched and frankly tired. The US version recaptures some of the vitality of the early Top gear UK episodes. The US hosts are likable fun guys who will hopefully grow on the audience as the original hosts did in the UK original.
  2. Dec 30, 2010
    I have been watching every single remake of top gear (including the Russian version) and when I watched the first episode of Top Gear US it didn't quite appeal to me, however I did see the potential it had.
    Little did I know that their potential would bloom in the first season. After watching the last two episodes of this series I was amazed. Yes it's a copy, but they brought it over quite
    nicely. I say, if you watched the first episode and left it alone, give it a shot and watch the rest, they are trying really hard and honestly, people forget that the original top gear took 3 series to be interesting, this one took ONE! Expand
  3. Jan 6, 2011
    the show i find quite amusing and a really good television program, yes it's not exactly a children's program but let the older ones have their entertainment
  4. Apr 21, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that I never watched the UK version of this show, I see a lot of people who watch the UK version of the show not necessarily like the US version. I have to say I love this show. I find the 3 hosts are a great ensemble group and a great thing to watch. I will also let you know that while I love and am interested in cars I know very little about them, So when they talk about the cars I don't mind that they go into to much detail. The next thing I love about the show is the trips and the challenges I find them interesting and very fun to watch.

Overall I would say if you have not seen the UK version of the show and you are not a super car enthusiast but interested in cars and what a few laughs while you watch I would recommend this show, I have to say I love it.
  5. Sep 23, 2011
    Personally I think this show is great, and way better than the UK (American car bashing) version. Those who gave it a poor review probably all drive imported cars, and are to close minded to have ever owned a good American car. I was a fan of the UK Top Gear until I noticed a trend... They bash EVERYTHING American made, and this makes all there car reviews null and void IMHO. The US version is very balanced and true to the real car fanatic. The hosts are giving very accurate, non-biased, reviews on all cars regardless of what country that it is made in, and that is what makes it 10 times better then the UK Top Gear show.

To DerKrieger, about your comment meant to imply all those who are either from the south or like NASCAR are dumb... Very much a inaccurate stereotype and a very close minded, unintelligent statement in general from someone who cannot even get popular phrases correct. In your review the proper phase use should of been "An insult to your intelligence" or "An assault on your intelligence" not " an assault to your intelligence." But how does a "Dumb Southerner" as myself know better than some obvious Liberal Jackass???
  6. Sep 24, 2011
    Most people gave this show a bad review simply because of they're loyalty (For whatever reason) to the UK version of Top Gear.

I was skeptical at first when watching the previews for the show, but after the first few episodes I have become a fan.

The show is actually very good. Especially considering all the pressure and negative feedback the show received before it even aired. Top Gear
    USA gives attention to many cars that would not have a chance to make the UK show and also gives great insight on the newest toys available.

I've enjoyed all of the challenges they've done for both seasons and I hope they make a season 3.

1. Reviewed by: John Young
    Dec 10, 2010
    The automobile-enthusiast program may lack the British wit of the original series, but it's beautifully shot, just as silly, and nearly as much fun. [26 Nov 2010, p.68]
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Dec 9, 2010
    Who knew beautiful, obscenely expensive cars could be so much fun? These three guys do, and they effortlessly convey their knowledge and nutty passion.
  3. Reviewed by: Tricia Olszewski
    Dec 9, 2010
    It doesn't help that the vehicles reviewed thus far aren't surprising (Lamborghinis, Mustangs, Aston Martins), but the shenanigans the hosts set up for themselves can be thrilling.