Torchwood (UK) : Season 2

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.0

1. DaveS.
    Feb 3, 2008
    Torchwood is truly awful. The acting is terrible and the writing is dreadful. Everybody involved in this show ought to be ashamed of themselves.
  2. TomB
    Jun 6, 2009
    We loved the Doctor Who series and started following the Torchwood Series , the first season was good, it has been off the air for quite a while and I noticed it started recording again on my DVR , The whole Family watching the episode tonight with my 14 year old daughter . At near the end of the esposide ,out of the Blue Captain Jack starts making out with another Man, I was so We loved the Doctor Who series and started following the Torchwood Series , the first season was good, it has been off the air for quite a while and I noticed it started recording again on my DVR , The whole Family watching the episode tonight with my 14 year old daughter . At near the end of the esposide ,out of the Blue Captain Jack starts making out with another Man, I was so embarrassed so unexpected and disgusting we turned of the the television why do you have to push this life style on us and our families , We have banned wacthing it and have deleted it from our viewing . Can't you intertain us without this garbage it is a Sci Fi program, If I want to Watch Gay televison it will be by choice give us some warnng , get this off normal programing , the only response I would like ito see s for BBC to fire the staff responsible for putting it together along with everyone involved with approving it. No second chances here TB Expand
  3. JulesHl
    Jul 1, 2009
    Wow.... where to start. The acting is more wooden than a forest, i think this stems from a terrible clunky script and the 'panto' style over-acting of the lead characters. To add insult to injury the show was commissioned for ANOTHER series. Sigh, i'm paying for this ####! I wonder if the recommisioning has anything to do with the fact that the shows' Executive Wow.... where to start. The acting is more wooden than a forest, i think this stems from a terrible clunky script and the 'panto' style over-acting of the lead characters. To add insult to injury the show was commissioned for ANOTHER series. Sigh, i'm paying for this ####! I wonder if the recommisioning has anything to do with the fact that the shows' Executive Producer (Julie Gardner) is now also the overall Controller of Drama Commissioning at BBC Television. Sadly i heard the Radio 4 show of torchwood today (R4 is on all the time in my house) and i was cringing at the script and voice acting. There are better actors out there, USE THEM PLEASE!!!!!! Please NO MORE Julie, i'm begging you. Expand
  4. EmmerC.
    Jan 29, 2008
    Just awful, saw one episode on TV because nothing else was on. And despite the fact that it was at the least worth it watching something rather than nothing. But this television show, Torchwood is pretty boring. The idea is pathetic, lame, and sentimental. The dullest thing around.
  5. kyleb
    Mar 11, 2008
    It's like Buffy but without the humor, action, writing, characters, or creativity. You know, just like Moonlight, New Amsterdam, The Dresden Files, Sanctuary and a bunch of other crappy shows I can't remember. Paging Joss Whedon.
  6. DeborahW.
    Jan 27, 2008
    Fantastically fun with witty dialogue, gorgeous camera work and lighting, and superb acting from the entire cast . Love the new Captain John from his showy entrance to his poignant exit.
  7. David
    Feb 5, 2008
    It seems a lot gayer now. Which isnt nessarily a bad thing as its nice to see some equality in evening TV. And the stories are great. Brillaint writing.
  8. BrianP.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Solid television SF, although they have really hammered home the bisexuality theme this year. We get it.
  9. ChrisB
    Jul 9, 2009
    I love this. Doctor who has gone downhill now but I still have Torchwood to give me the thrill of science fiction/ action at it's best.
  10. ThomasD.
    Jan 29, 2008
    Yet another masterpiece by Aunty (BBC).
  11. KenH.
    Feb 7, 2008
    I've watched all of the episodes and the writing sometimes stumbles here and there in almost every episode. Its a fun show with some nice ideas, but not worthy of a 10 score. At the very least all of the central characters except the 2 leads aren't very compelling and should be replaced.
  12. FloR.
    Jan 26, 2008
    Exceptional season opener. Love the series and the intro of Capt. John set the screen on fire. Love how he and Jack play off each other. Hope there's more of him because he is a right bastard, yet oddly lovable.
  13. WilliamM.
    Feb 2, 2008
    A superb premier episode for the new season. The interaction between Captain Jack and Captain John created a quantum leap in entertainment. Very much hope that Captain John returns and becomes a regular on the show.
  14. TimH.
    Apr 12, 2008
    I firmly believe that the American 'critic' reviewers need to quit the parochial attitude and accept that science fiction is not purely an American convention. Torchwood is absolutely brilliant!!!
  15. AlexandraD.
    Aug 19, 2008
    Cool show! at least i see some real sf beside Doctor Who which is brilliant and no more US propaganda military type!
  16. AndreaW
    Jun 29, 2009
    Torchwood is a fascinating experience for the american viewer who Loves the New Doctor Who. It is made for mature people though --- Read :: Adults. I have to say that the most interesting aspect of Series 2 was the finale. Very shocking!
  17. RandallS.
    Jan 28, 2008
    Best episode of the series so far.
  18. R
    May 21, 2009
    Love it . It's raw, dark, sexy and original, as are the characters.
  19. Aug 3, 2011
    Much of the (often severe) problems with the first season are fixed with this excellent follow up. Really coming into its own with a more consistent, if somewhat pulpy, tone; there is still the occasional hammy line or ridiculous storyline but Torchwood Series 2 is far tighter than its less than stellar debut series and certain episodes (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Meat, Adam, Adrift andMuch of the (often severe) problems with the first season are fixed with this excellent follow up. Really coming into its own with a more consistent, if somewhat pulpy, tone; there is still the occasional hammy line or ridiculous storyline but Torchwood Series 2 is far tighter than its less than stellar debut series and certain episodes (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Meat, Adam, Adrift and Fragments) are truly excellent. Even the weakest episodes here are worth watching (unlike some of the frankly hideous episodes from the first series) and believe me when I say that it only gets better in Series 3. Expand
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    Italian:
    noioso, mediocre, un po meglio della stagione 1 ma pur sempre pessimo.

english:
    boring, mediocre, a bit better than season 1, but still awful.
  21. Oct 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 2 is a very nice season, we learn more about Jack, Gwen is once again likeable, although I am so glad they dropped the subplot of gwen and jacks love by the end of the season, it was getting awkward and I honestly hated it, Gwen is with Reice and Jack is with Ianto, Leave it at that. this season feels like it's Toshikos and Owens season as they become far greater characters than I anticipated, and their final moments are without a doubt the best thing that has come out of the series since season 1 to now. Owen becomes a hero tbh, saving people and seems a lot more likeable, maybe that's something to do with him dying, and my god, Martha was brilliant in her 3 episodes in this season. although those 3 felt directed to Owens character, Tosh was also brilliant and the final 3 episodes were highlights of the season, Ianto felt more of a character and he began to grow on me a lot more by the end of it. I honestly could not wait until next season once this one ended, it's a vast improvement from the previous season, however there were a few crappy episodes. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    As with P.G. Wodehouse novels and Robbie Williams songs, you have to be either British or adolescent to commit to this stuff; for the rest of us, it's a head-scratching lark.
  2. You know this Dr. Who spin-off aims to please when the return of Capt. Jack Harkness (John Barrowman) isn't even the big news.... With [Capt.] John [James Marsters] adding such a fun, unhinged element, it's a shame these two crazy kids broke up in the first place.
    In a dreary winter TV landscape in which smart, witty escapism is in short supply, Torchwood stands out.