Touch : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 25, 2012
Season #: 1, 2
6.9

1. Apr 3, 2012
    So far from what i have seen so far is an excellent mind bending masterpiece, if the rest of the show resembles the first three episodes then i would say this story has the potential to be the best show i have ever seen, and i watch alot of shows.
  2. May 3, 2012
    Amazingly composed. I love the story line; it keeps revealing secrets beyond my expectations. Not to mention, the story also makes you wonder about those numbers and sequences. It's amazing!
  3. May 16, 2012
    A great introduction to mathematics and entanglement theory for people who've never heard of such things. Those of us who've been all over the world may be able to relate to how small the world really is and how many lives we touch and how we can end up changing the world in some major ways. Touch really goes all out in describing how even the smallest things can impact the greatestA great introduction to mathematics and entanglement theory for people who've never heard of such things. Those of us who've been all over the world may be able to relate to how small the world really is and how many lives we touch and how we can end up changing the world in some major ways. Touch really goes all out in describing how even the smallest things can impact the greatest changes. It details information that sounds like just spices for a tasty story, but many facts are actually true. I find myself, as a father, feeling for the struggle of a parent to relate to a child and worried that a system that cannot possibly understand desires to take you away before you can make that connection and progress. The use of multiple characters to break down the complexities of the math and theories and the story telling itself assisting is stunning. Frankly, my 9 year old daughter sits with me and stays glued to the TV the whole time and she asks questions about a lot of it after and I get to introduce her to why math is important and so is just being a good person. If she can understand that, I can't see why others can't. Expand
  4. May 29, 2012
    Touch is a show that will truly leave you in awe after every episode. Touch is the best and most thought provoking show on Fox. Even those who normally dislike shows of this genre will watch Touch. You will never want to turn it off.
  5. May 28, 2012
    I am surprised at these scores! Thankfully, this series has been renewed. I love this show.. I love the originality and the mystery... keeps me coming back every week. This show deserves a TEN,
  6. Feb 1, 2013
    I think it is excellent TV, and I can not wait to see how it evolves. Kiefer could not whisper so much but other than that, brilliant. Thanks for the entertainment.
  7. Apr 14, 2013
    A very good programme based around something quite interesting. One of the main actors is one of my favourite actors Kiether Sutherland seen as he was in 24.
  8. Mar 22, 2012
    From what I have seen so far , this is utterly brilliant.The story is intelligent and engaging.One of the best things I have watched in a long time.How the story links together is good and the acting is pretty good.
  9. May 11, 2015
    A fascinating show, to say the least. I've never seen a show quite like it, actually. Intriguing and well-produced. Sutherland is arresting as a concerned father and the young boy playing his son is exceptionally good for his age.
  10. Mar 25, 2012
    This is a brilliant show. The way everything comes together at the end of the "first" episode is amazing. The acting could use a boost, its a bit sub-par, but man is Jake an absolute genius. The way everything comes together, and all of the storylines clash is just like the movie Crash. Its absolutely brilliant. This show really shows us that anything is possible. This show definitelyThis is a brilliant show. The way everything comes together at the end of the "first" episode is amazing. The acting could use a boost, its a bit sub-par, but man is Jake an absolute genius. The way everything comes together, and all of the storylines clash is just like the movie Crash. Its absolutely brilliant. This show really shows us that anything is possible. This show definitely makes me look forward to thursdays. 8.5/10 Expand
  11. Mar 30, 2012
    It's good every episode ha a pretty cool plot toit .and it's a tv serries that doesnt change much like some do some tv serries will draw you in on the 1st episode then kind of go down hill from there this one doesn't do that, I would like to see another season happen .
  12. May 13, 2013
    I am a little confused by the priests reference to "the thirty six", and his argument that to save the world he has to kill them all, surely the Jewish legend which refers to the thirty six says that in order for the world to survive there have to be 'at least' thirty six Righteous Men. If my recollection is correct there is no reference to these being of superior intellect, merely thatI am a little confused by the priests reference to "the thirty six", and his argument that to save the world he has to kill them all, surely the Jewish legend which refers to the thirty six says that in order for the world to survive there have to be 'at least' thirty six Righteous Men. If my recollection is correct there is no reference to these being of superior intellect, merely that they be righteous However if the writers are choosing to replace righteous with superior intellect then fair enough, but this still does not explain why the priest wants to kill them, as this would, according to legend, bring about the end of the world, and not, as he claims, save it Expand
  13. Mar 29, 2012
    No one listen to ajlondon he's just butthurt about knowing that this is better than 24. But seriously it's worth a watch even if you just watch it as a time passer every week it's still worth a watch.
  14. Jul 2, 2012
    Heroes creator Tim Kring brings Kiefer Sutherland back to the small screen in Touch, another ambitiously global and far-reaching series bearing all the hallmarks of a Kring production.

Touch tells the story of 9/11 widower struggling to raise his 11 year old son Jake, a mute introverted boy gifted with numbers. Jake is placed in supervisory care just as his father, Martin (Sutherland), realises that Jake's repetitive numbered scribblings are an attempt to communicate with him. During each episode Martin follows his son's instructions and 'follows the numbers' all the while trying to protect his son from sinister forces after him for their own gain.

The writers struggle to really portray what it actually is that Jake is capable of seeing and why he needs his father to correct things in the world through 'butterfly effect' actions to stop the pain he feels. The butterfly effect and red thread theory (that those who impact on others in the world by the butterfly effect are connected by an invisible red thread that must never break) are explored throughout the series, and each episode begins and ends with Jake narrating philosophy and theory.

However, by focusing on global as well as character specific issues to illustrate the complexity of the science, the number of single episode characters is high and it can be difficult to care about random characters in Iraq, Brazil or China on a one-off basis.

The season premiere was a fantastic start to the show, however the coincidences, or not as the case may be, do become to be slightly predictable as the season continues. Towards the end of the season, this predictability is balanced by the story arc of Martin trying to investigate who his after Jake and what for.

Sutherland plays the troubled father with great sincerity and care although his character becomes annoyingly anxious as he is led into predicament after predicament by Jake. The one way dialogue also began to grate slightly towards the end of the season. Danny Glover played an interesting character and I felt it was a shame he didn't make it as a regular character. Credit must also go to 11 year old David Mazouz for his portrayal of Jake.

The season ended strongly and it looks as though Martin and Jake have found a new ally in their search for answers. The show has been renewed for a second season and it will be interesting how the Kring moves the action along given the events of the season finale (let's hope it is better than season two of Heroes).

1. Reviewed by: Robert Bianco
    Mar 22, 2012
    Unfortunately, [Sutherland's] disciplined performance is done in by an undisciplined show that moves too slowly to put limits on Jake's powers.
  2. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Mar 22, 2012
    In some parts, Touch is pleasantly moving and even tightly woven, until it becomes too blunt in its purposeful yanking of heartstrings.
  3. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Mar 16, 2012
    The one great redemptive asset--and it's significant--is Kiefer Sutherland. [26 Mar 2012, p.41]