Tracey Ullman's State of the Union : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Mar 30, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3
5.4

1. Apr 2, 2013
    This show is what happens when a mediocre comedian with old jokes and terrible 'characters' that she can barely play right gets her own show. Stereotypical behavior, voices, and dialects are cheap laughs and she can't even get those. It's like when I'm with my friends and something is really funny in the moment but when we think about it later we realize how stupid and unfunny it was. SheThis show is what happens when a mediocre comedian with old jokes and terrible 'characters' that she can barely play right gets her own show. Stereotypical behavior, voices, and dialects are cheap laughs and she can't even get those. It's like when I'm with my friends and something is really funny in the moment but when we think about it later we realize how stupid and unfunny it was. She doesn't have that filter, nor does she have a genuine humorous thought throughout this entire show. Collapse
  2. KimR
    May 28, 2010
    Best show ever!!!
  3. allysont
    Apr 14, 2009
    Not funny, mean spirited, and boring. I was very surprised, I wanted to like it.
    Apr 21, 2008
    I just do not find it at all funny....a laugh or two at best.,but I liked her old show characters much better. This show is flat.
  5. AlP.
    Apr 11, 2008
    I wanted to like it, watched first two weeks. This show needs to be put out of it's misery.
  6. HerbC.
    Apr 11, 2008
    It's great! Unlike anything out there! And looks like a movie.
  7. TheVegan
    Apr 4, 2008
    The fact that Tracy can do characters doesn't make up for the fact that the show is uninteresting. I think, if Men on Film (from In Living Color) had their say, they would say it say it best: "HATED IT!".
  8. MichaelT.
    Apr 4, 2008
    This show is really not that funny.

1. Vulgar and brazenly racy, it's unlike anything else on TV.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Clark Collins
    Many of the sketches are not funny per se--but some are not meant to be. [28 Mar 2008, p.63]
  3. It's a showcase for Ullman's remarkable skill, but it is done too fast for the comedy to percolate. We barely have time to figure out who the character is before there's another one. And another. Things are better in succeeding episodes.