• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 11, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.2

1. Sep 24, 2012
    Treme is an outstanding reflection on New Orleans culture, with characters that blossom in such an authentic manner. The world learned from watching the first season that this isn't a show that will access a mainstream audience. It is my hopes, though, that after the third season, the world will understand that there is a huge line between mainstream and intelligent.

I watched the

I watched the pilot, and the show has become even more involving. This time, more closely examining the flawed and corrupted police force. Also introducing a couple of new characters, who seem likable...so far. A show like Treme doesn't let characters get avoid moral conflict too easily, so it is only a matter of time before one of these new additions succumb to moral circumstances many of the other characters live through. All I can say is I will damn sure be watching the 3rd season of Treme. Though it doesn't accomplish smash ratings like Boardwalk Empire or Game of Thrones, it accomplishes something much greater. It draws the world in on a city that is now half-forgotten, and looks at it from the angle of New Orleans natives with great characters, preceding great performances, and though the plot moves slowly, it is truly compelling. Please watch Treme, people. It may come to be a commitment, but by the end, I think it will prove to be worth it.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Sep 24, 2012
    Season 3--the full season was sent to reviewers--has indelible sequences, but it's a mixed bag.
  2. Reviewed by: Scott Von Doviak
    Sep 20, 2012
    Many will still watch and wonder, "Is that all you got?" But those who get down in the groove with Treme's own unique rhythms may be surprised to find it's got more than enough.
  3. Reviewed by: Ellen Gray
    Sep 20, 2012
    It's the too-bad-not-to-be-true stories Simon's telling about what the people of New Orleans were dealing with long after the waters receded that's kept my blood on simmer for the eight episodes I've seen so far.