• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 11, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.0

1. Mar 13, 2011
    I tried to watch this show wanting to lke it but just could not. I was bored and finally just gave up. I am wondering who gave it 10's and wrote the reviews. Doesn't seem like an average television watcher to me..too well written. Maybe people that work for the show?? They have been known to do that.
  2. Feb 22, 2011
    So I spent an hour and a half of my life watching Treme yesterday. In retrospect, there are a million ways I could have better spent my time.

3. Feb 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season One of Treme combines the weaknesses of Season 5 of the Wire (in the words of Seth Bullock: David Simon succumbs to his "goddamn temper" and settles political grudges) with the pretentiousness of ...well...a variety of boring and self-important shows. I'm a liberal. But I find Simon's moralizing about Katrina to be annoying and (worst of all) old news. The political dialogue on this show might have been torn from a liberal blog....from 2006. In other words: anyone who was paying attention has heard this song and dance before. The only redeeming feature of the first season was John Goodman's suicide. I guess I could give this show points for killing off the most cartoonish character? The worst part of this season was it's overbearing way of shoving New Orleans down our throat. Yes. We get it. Despite our best attempts, we will never love New Orleans the way that a broke hipster doofus white guy loves it. One final point: the music is pretty good. It would be the saving grace of this show, but the way they use it is actually a negative. It doesn't drive the plot forward. It almost seems ancillary. In other words: this show feels like a musical. During the musical numbers, the plot doesn't move forward. All and all, this show is as bad as it gets. I say that as someone who doesn't bother to even rate stupid network procedurals...though they're probably a bit more watchable than this trash. Expand
  4. Mar 29, 2013
    0 This is the most boring show I have seen in quite awhile, The acting is terrible, there is a lot of really good music but it doesn't seem to fit (it is in the background of insignificant dialogue) and worst of all, the film is shot almost completely IN THE DARK for most of the film. What is that about? I couldn't make out any of the actors features.
  5. Aug 7, 2014
    I just couldn't get into it.. I wanted to become as absorbed with New Orleans as much I was absorbed with Baltimore in "The Wire". I just didn't like any of the characters much. Some of them I really disliked to be honest. It could have been really good but it just never took off for me..

1. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    As a series, Treme is a tough slog. I was by turns confused, bored and sad.
  2. Unlike "The Wire," the pacing is lazy. Many of the moments seem authentic, but to paraphrase director Alfred Hitchcock: A good show is life minus the boring parts.
    By the third episode of the three that HBO sent, the show had begun to find a rhythm, and the sometimes sprawling narrative (which will unfold over 10 episodes in the show's first season) had begun to gel in a promising way.