• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2013
7.0

1. Sep 29, 2013
    The asian kid is a little racist and weird, but it's funny, and I like that. I think it could end up becoming a nice family show. The "trophy wife" really cares, and that's something that I think the kids and his ex-wives are gonna realize soon.
  2. Sep 30, 2013
    This is the only new show so far this season to make me laugh out loud. Its a tired premise with flat characters, but the Title character has potential. I hope it makes me laugh again.
  3. Jun 3, 2014
    Easily the funniest new comedy on TV this season, which explains how bummed I was when ABC opted not to renew it. Malin Akerman is such an adorable actress and the whole cast just works really well. I think the show works so well for me because it kind of resonates with Modern Family and the senior show has not been as funny as it used to be in earlier seasons. I hope ABC or other networksEasily the funniest new comedy on TV this season, which explains how bummed I was when ABC opted not to renew it. Malin Akerman is such an adorable actress and the whole cast just works really well. I think the show works so well for me because it kind of resonates with Modern Family and the senior show has not been as funny as it used to be in earlier seasons. I hope ABC or other networks or if necessary Netflix/Hulu come to their senses and revive this stunning work! Expand
  4. Jan 2, 2014
    Trophy Wife truly deserves a trophy. People compare this show with Modern Family a lot, but I think this show has a better and stronger start than Modern Family. It shows a whole new concept of what families can be in this modern day and the jokes are not that bad. Classic humor with a modern twist.

1. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Sep 26, 2013
    There’s some notable talent here. But they’re wasted to such a drastic degree on such stale character writing that I doubt it can be turned around.
  2. Reviewed by: Lily Moayeri
    Sep 26, 2013
    The Trophy Wife characters are well developed and the actors very natural in their roles. The kids are brilliant--particularly Tsai.
  3. Reviewed by: Melissa Maerz
    Sep 26, 2013
    The unfortunate title is a disservice to this show's main character.... Luckily, the second episode makes Kate sympathetic, as she tries (and fails) to put her stepson (Albert Tsai) to bed. Akerman has nice, playful chemistry with Tsai, who shows good comic timing even though he's only 9.