• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.0

1. Jun 3, 2014
    Easily the funniest new comedy on TV this season, which explains how bummed I was when ABC opted not to renew it. Malin Akerman is such an adorable actress and the whole cast just works really well. I think the show works so well for me because it kind of resonates with Modern Family and the senior show has not been as funny as it used to be in earlier seasons. I hope ABC or other networksEasily the funniest new comedy on TV this season, which explains how bummed I was when ABC opted not to renew it. Malin Akerman is such an adorable actress and the whole cast just works really well. I think the show works so well for me because it kind of resonates with Modern Family and the senior show has not been as funny as it used to be in earlier seasons. I hope ABC or other networks or if necessary Netflix/Hulu come to their senses and revive this stunning work! Expand
  2. Jan 2, 2014
    Trophy Wife truly deserves a trophy. People compare this show with Modern Family a lot, but I think this show has a better and stronger start than Modern Family. It shows a whole new concept of what families can be in this modern day and the jokes are not that bad. Classic humor with a modern twist.
  3. Oct 27, 2013
    Not particularly impressed so far. The show is slowly getting better with each passing episode, but I can't help but feel like there are better shows out there to watch. It's got some decent jokes and the younger actors are nice, but the a lot of the adult characters are just cliches that have been done to death in other sitcoms. Overall there are a lot of worse shows out there right now,Not particularly impressed so far. The show is slowly getting better with each passing episode, but I can't help but feel like there are better shows out there to watch. It's got some decent jokes and the younger actors are nice, but the a lot of the adult characters are just cliches that have been done to death in other sitcoms. Overall there are a lot of worse shows out there right now, but there are also of better shows out there right now. "Trophy Wife" is watchable, but not great. Collapse
  4. Oct 19, 2013
    The show is ok; but it is not one of the shows that I have to watch every week and schedule time to watch, but is one I will watch if I am not busy and there is nothing else on. The acting is pretty good, especially the children's acting. However, there just is not a lot of interesting things going on in the plot; and while it does contain comedy, there is not enough to hold yourThe show is ok; but it is not one of the shows that I have to watch every week and schedule time to watch, but is one I will watch if I am not busy and there is nothing else on. The acting is pretty good, especially the children's acting. However, there just is not a lot of interesting things going on in the plot; and while it does contain comedy, there is not enough to hold your attention for half an hour The kids have most of the funny lines of the show, so maybe if there are more scenes with Kate and the kids the show will be better; but the show is not bad for a half hour comedy that airs after all the main shows on network tv. Expand
  5. Oct 12, 2013
    This show is with no doubt the best new comedy of the fall. It delivers family love, family comedy. and family betrayal at times but in the funniest way there is! very happy with it. Ratings aren't very good but hoping for the best!
  6. Oct 9, 2013
    There is possibility for this show.

So far the character development has been good. The plots, while obvious, have been carried by good writing and credible situations.
  7. Oct 9, 2013
    I am finding this show funnier than I should be. The writing could be a bit sharper but the delivery is pretty flawless. Whitford and Akerman have good chemistry but Tsai steals every scene he is in. I hope it sticks around long enough to find its footing.
  8. Sep 30, 2013
    This is the only new show so far this season to make me laugh out loud. Its a tired premise with flat characters, but the Title character has potential. I hope it makes me laugh again.
  9. Sep 29, 2013
    The asian kid is a little racist and weird, but it's funny, and I like that. I think it could end up becoming a nice family show. The "trophy wife" really cares, and that's something that I think the kids and his ex-wives are gonna realize soon.
  10. Sep 26, 2013
    Bradley Whitford and Malin Akerman are good and some of the jokes were funny but a bit too few to be worth watching. It has good premise to make use of and could get better in a few more episodes

1. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Sep 26, 2013
    There’s some notable talent here. But they’re wasted to such a drastic degree on such stale character writing that I doubt it can be turned around.
  2. Reviewed by: Lily Moayeri
    Sep 26, 2013
    The Trophy Wife characters are well developed and the actors very natural in their roles. The kids are brilliant--particularly Tsai.
  3. Reviewed by: Melissa Maerz
    Sep 26, 2013
    The unfortunate title is a disservice to this show's main character.... Luckily, the second episode makes Kate sympathetic, as she tries (and fails) to put her stepson (Albert Tsai) to bed. Akerman has nice, playful chemistry with Tsai, who shows good comic timing even though he's only 9.