• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 7, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
8.2

1. Nov 9, 2012
    Sexy, funny, and scary as hell, this second season is pure fun. Every episode ends in at least one cliffhanger, and leaves you DYING to find out what happens next. No pun intended.
  2. Dec 20, 2013
    A large improvement upon the first season, and without a doubt the show's best installment, the second season of True Blood may go downhill in the final episodes, but it makes up for that with some thoroughly entertaining storylines, unforgettable characters, and incredibly intense moments.
  3. Jun 13, 2012
    Quite simply, the best follow up season of any TV show I've ever seen. Mary-ann is wickedly delicious and a joy to watch. It will be hard to top this season.
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    Worst finale ever seen. The plot develops so slow. I swear to not to see any other season.
    Tara doesn't do anything. What happens is ridiculous and not funny. It is almos if the writer was experimenting what people would do if I write whatever.
  5. Nov 3, 2010
    We saw a definite decline in story quality in this season. The cast still remained excellent and managed to save this show from mediocrity. The story was way too over the top for my taste. This show should be about vampires, introducing more fantasy is ruining it for me.
  6. Jun 11, 2011
    Season 2 was a step up from the last season. Maryann is possibly the best evil supernatural I have seen in a long time and the story is really original. This season though, doesn't follow the book as much as the first season did, but what they have done differently really works and I would definitely say that Season 2 of True Blood is better than Living Dead in Dallas.The only thing I don't like is they continue to show Eric as the evil person who cannot be trusted when it should be Bill who should be shown this way. Great season! Expand
  7. Jun 27, 2011
    This was an amazing season, and my favorite. I loved the maenad, and could have never guessed
    it. I thought Sam was gone in the season finale, but then what happened shocked the hell out of me!
  8. Aug 13, 2011
    This season doesn't follow the book as much as the first season did, but what they have done differently really works.I don't like is they continue to show Eric as the evil person who cannot be trusted when it should be Bill. The characters are even more funny, dramatic, sexy and bloody. Great season, definitely an improvement.
  9. Aug 26, 2012
    Though the MaryAnne storyline was tedious and annoying, the rest of the season was great and much more dark and suspenseful compared to the first season.
  10. Apr 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didn't enjoy True Blood season two as much as I enjoyed season one, mainly because of the anticlimatic "battle" between the followship of the sun and the vampires and also because the antagonists just irratated the **** of my me. But besides those problems, it still provides what was good about the first season as well. Expand
  11. Jul 10, 2012
    Season 2 of True Blood succeeds where the first failed: there's more action, better writing, and the cast, featuring The Killing and Battlestar Galactica's Michelle Forbes, is much better this time around. If you were iffy about Season 1, give Season 2 a try, it won't bite.
  12. Aug 28, 2012
    An overall strong second season. I love how the series turns social issues on their heads. This season dealing mostly with religion. Definitely a must watch if you loved season one!
  13. May 27, 2013
    This season has been the greatest season of True Blood and American TV for me so far. The story, the acting, the characters are all amazing. In the midst of annoying watered-down girl-teen soap operas like "Vampire Diaries', this show has brought a new light to the vampire franchise. It's raw, edgy feel and no holds barred action just gives it this feel of something natural and entirely believable. I'm in love with this show and the superb acting. Must watch. Expand
  14. Oct 10, 2013
    I think season two of True Blood was my favourite season of the show! Full of momentum and intensity. The characters are more developed and the acting has improved in this season.
  15. Oct 19, 2013
    for me this is the best season of this series so far, this season had the best stories and the best villain, however different from another season she had an outcome and not a mystery for next season.

Sookie remains a compelling plucky heroine, undaunted by the violent strangeness of Bill's nighttime world but still holding fast to her moral center.
    The curious thing about True Blood is that, even if you’re not that interested in their relationship, there are other things to enjoy, notably the supporting performances and the mostly efficient plotting.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    The saga of Sookie Stackhouse (the tremulous but sturdy Anna Paquin) and her lovah Bill (slit-eyed Stephen Moyer) gets off to a great, fast start, picking up where last season left off.