• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 7, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
8.2

1. Nov 9, 2012
    Sexy, funny, and scary as hell, this second season is pure fun. Every episode ends in at least one cliffhanger, and leaves you DYING to find out what happens next. No pun intended.
  2. Jun 13, 2012
    Quite simply, the best follow up season of any TV show I've ever seen. Mary-ann is wickedly delicious and a joy to watch. It will be hard to top this season.
  3. Jun 11, 2011
    Season 2 was a step up from the last season. Maryann is possibly the best evil supernatural I have seen in a long time and the story is really original. This season though, doesn't follow the book as much as the first season did, but what they have done differently really works and I would definitely say that Season 2 of True Blood is better than Living Dead in Dallas.The only thing I don't like is they continue to show Eric as the evil person who cannot be trusted when it should be Bill who should be shown this way. Great season! Expand
  4. Jun 27, 2011
    This was an amazing season, and my favorite. I loved the maenad, and could have never guessed
    it. I thought Sam was gone in the season finale, but then what happened shocked the hell out of me!
  5. Aug 13, 2011
    This season doesn't follow the book as much as the first season did, but what they have done differently really works.I don't like is they continue to show Eric as the evil person who cannot be trusted when it should be Bill. The characters are even more funny, dramatic, sexy and bloody. Great season, definitely an improvement.
  6. May 27, 2013
    This season has been the greatest season of True Blood and American TV for me so far. The story, the acting, the characters are all amazing. In the midst of annoying watered-down girl-teen soap operas like "Vampire Diaries', this show has brought a new light to the vampire franchise. It's raw, edgy feel and no holds barred action just gives it this feel of something natural and entirely believable. I'm in love with this show and the superb acting. Must watch. Expand
  7. Oct 10, 2013
    I think season two of True Blood was my favourite season of the show! Full of momentum and intensity. The characters are more developed and the acting has improved in this season.
  8. Aug 17, 2014
    This is the best season of "True Blood". It's just over the top crazy-fun, but at the same time, it manages to pull out some emotional scenes as well (Episode 9 ends on a particularly sad note). The major theme of the season is religion mockery, (The Fellowship of the Sun & Maryann's craziness) but there is also enough relationship drama, blood, sex, humour and gore - all presented in a fun way only this show knows. Expand
  9. Aug 19, 2014
    A large improvement upon the first season, and without a doubt the show's best installment, the second season of True Blood may go downhill in the final episodes, but it makes up for that with some thoroughly entertaining storylines, unforgettable characters, and incredibly intense moments.

Sookie remains a compelling plucky heroine, undaunted by the violent strangeness of Bill's nighttime world but still holding fast to her moral center.
    The curious thing about True Blood is that, even if you’re not that interested in their relationship, there are other things to enjoy, notably the supporting performances and the mostly efficient plotting.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    The saga of Sookie Stackhouse (the tremulous but sturdy Anna Paquin) and her lovah Bill (slit-eyed Stephen Moyer) gets off to a great, fast start, picking up where last season left off.