• Network: HBO

1. ChristieL
    Nov 17, 2009
    One of my favorite shows, I am very excited for season 3
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    Sexy, funny, and scary as hell, this second season is pure fun. Every episode ends in at least one cliffhanger, and leaves you DYING to find out what happens next. No pun intended.
  3. JessicaR
    Aug 3, 2009
    Season two is a step up from the first in action, I do agree about the pointless and random in your face sex scenes, but the fade away from the book brings something fresh to the table, would you really want to watch a show where you know the exact detail of what's to come next? Generally, a great show.
  4. BloodSucker
    Jul 6, 2009
    Back and better than ever.
  5. RjB.
    Aug 30, 2009
    Awesome. Love every minute of it.
  6. AleishaB
    Aug 3, 2009
    I love this show! At first I was irritated that it dodn't follow the books, but seriously, GET OVER IT! The general ideas come from the books, but now that I've been watching the show for a while I like that Alan Ball changed it from the books. It keeps you wondering what will happen next. If it had followed the books exactly, how excited would you be for next Sunday's show!?
  7. KevinM
    Sep 22, 2009
    More of everything this season! Love the contrast between Eric's unabashed joy in being a vampire and Bill's struggle to hang on to some shred of his humanity.
  8. PatrickM
    Sep 8, 2009
    Avid viewer every week. Can't wait for another season.
  9. Dec 20, 2013
    A large improvement upon the first season, and without a doubt the show's best installment, the second season of True Blood may go downhill in the final episodes, but it makes up for that with some thoroughly entertaining storylines, unforgettable characters, and incredibly intense moments.
  10. roKemp
    Dec 20, 2009
    Dark, funny, sexy! Forget about Twilight, that's for teenage girls but has nothing to offer. This is IT!
  11. PaunchB
    Jul 23, 2009
    Criminally overrated, lazy, disjointed and deeply shallow, seldom has a cast of characters become so irritating so swiftly. Null points.
  12. katherineh
    Jul 27, 2009
    I loved the first series give it a ten but this new series is ridiculous!! it has moved dramatically away from the book and has ruined the best character jason by turning him into just an idiot, a pure simpleton- no humour anymore. Bill is a sap and Sookie is simply irritating and she looks terrible with those weird curly bangs. Random sex scenes without any point - no lead up to them I loved the first series give it a ten but this new series is ridiculous!! it has moved dramatically away from the book and has ruined the best character jason by turning him into just an idiot, a pure simpleton- no humour anymore. Bill is a sap and Sookie is simply irritating and she looks terrible with those weird curly bangs. Random sex scenes without any point - no lead up to them just in your face gross sex. All in all this series has just left me cringing. Expand
  13. MarcusN
    Aug 11, 2009
    I don't understand why people rate season 2! It is basically a Buffy clone. Nothing wrong with that in itself - but it is a totally different show to season 1. I would give season 1 a ten, which was actually very DARK, and the vampires were actually portrayed very well, with the division between those who accepted their base instincts and those who tried to retain their humanity. I don't understand why people rate season 2! It is basically a Buffy clone. Nothing wrong with that in itself - but it is a totally different show to season 1. I would give season 1 a ten, which was actually very DARK, and the vampires were actually portrayed very well, with the division between those who accepted their base instincts and those who tried to retain their humanity. Season 2 is terribly shallow. The vampires are nothing more than humans with "special powers", and all the characters have been turned into caricatures. Season 2 is a total disgrace, it would have been better had they cancelled the show at the end of season 1. The biggest crime of all though, is how so many viewers don't seem to have noticed these dramatic and in-your-face changes. A lack of appreciation for quality that is absolutely terrible! Expand
  14. RafaelP
    Sep 30, 2009
    Way overrated, episodes were the story, if there is one, really doesn't go anywhere. Formulaic, i haven't seen any originality since the first season ended. Its mildly amusing, if you can disengage your brain and forget about trying to make sense of where the show is going. But that gets boring quickly.
  15. Nov 11, 2011
    Worst finale ever seen. The plot develops so slow. I swear to not to see any other season.
    Tara doesn't do anything. What happens is ridiculous and not funny. It is almos if the writer was experimenting what people would do if I write whatever.
  16. Nov 3, 2010
    We saw a definite decline in story quality in this season. The cast still remained excellent and managed to save this show from mediocrity. The story was way too over the top for my taste. This show should be about vampires, introducing more fantasy is ruining it for me.
  17. Aug 26, 2012
    Though the MaryAnne storyline was tedious and annoying, the rest of the season was great and much more dark and suspenseful compared to the first season.
  18. Apr 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didn't enjoy True Blood season two as much as I enjoyed season one, mainly because of the anticlimatic "battle" between the followship of the sun and the vampires and also because the antagonists just irratated the **** of my me. But besides those problems, it still provides what was good about the first season as well. Expand
  19. Jul 10, 2012
    Season 2 of True Blood succeeds where the first failed: there's more action, better writing, and the cast, featuring The Killing and Battlestar Galactica's Michelle Forbes, is much better this time around. If you were iffy about Season 1, give Season 2 a try, it won't bite.
  20. Aug 28, 2012
    An overall strong second season. I love how the series turns social issues on their heads. This season dealing mostly with religion. Definitely a must watch if you loved season one!
  21. LukeF
    Oct 25, 2009
    Fantastic show...keeps my attention to whole way through and leaves me begging for more.
  22. karind
    Jun 14, 2009
    1st time I have seen this way cool and I am 61 yrs. old
  23. ErolA
    Jun 15, 2009
    True Blood Season Two starts off right where Season One left off. Good stuff.
  24. AnisiaB
    Jul 19, 2009
    I am so hooked on this show. This season is definitely as good, if not better than the first. Terrific cast!!
  25. JeffG
    Jul 22, 2009
    Season one had a shaky start, but once it picked up it hasn't slowed down, only built momentum. Season two has continued to amaze me with each episode, adding to the mysterious and overall greatness of this show.
  26. SimonE
    Aug 30, 2009
    I'm pissed off these shows never come to Australia, after watching first season of Buffy i swore I'd never watch another vampire movie, series and reruns. True Blood has rekindle my imagination, with this sort of genre i like characters that have a little depth - Tara dealing with an alcoholic mother in season 1 and the realization that it was something more sinister ...."weird I'm pissed off these shows never come to Australia, after watching first season of Buffy i swore I'd never watch another vampire movie, series and reruns. True Blood has rekindle my imagination, with this sort of genre i like characters that have a little depth - Tara dealing with an alcoholic mother in season 1 and the realization that it was something more sinister ...."weird with strange twist" keeping true to its genre. Up to episode 10 season 2 and I'm still infuriated with Sookie's promiscuous escapades (obviously she's under VJ but i find that hard to believe) and self-centeredness. Enough of the dribble awesome show on TV!! Expand
  27. ReneeQ
    Aug 5, 2009
    I really enjoy the show. 2 things I would change. I am really not interested in any more Bill / Sookie sex scenes for one. Secondly I find the actor that plays Eric much more interesting to watch than Moyer. I think it's a mis-cast because Bill's character as it's cast with Moyer really is dead. It's realistically too late to change though (sadly). I love the rest I really enjoy the show. 2 things I would change. I am really not interested in any more Bill / Sookie sex scenes for one. Secondly I find the actor that plays Eric much more interesting to watch than Moyer. I think it's a mis-cast because Bill's character as it's cast with Moyer really is dead. It's realistically too late to change though (sadly). I love the rest though. All the other characters are well cast and interesting in the extreme, all the way down to Andy. I can ignore the Bill problem because of this. Expand
  28. LydonM
    Oct 27, 2009
    Absolutely amazing. Dark, dangerous and a great book to TV adaptation.
  29. Midge
    Jun 15, 2009
    Great cast. Excellent performances. I can't wait to see what happens next!
  30. ErikJ
    Jun 28, 2009
    This show is not necessarily a vampire, sci-fi fan show, it's is more of a drama/character study than something like Underworld. I picked up this show from a suggestion of someone I work with and watched all 14 episodes over the last 3 days... totally riveted. Watch the first 3 episodes of season 1 and you'll be hooked.

Sookie remains a compelling plucky heroine, undaunted by the violent strangeness of Bill's nighttime world but still holding fast to her moral center.
    The curious thing about True Blood is that, even if you’re not that interested in their relationship, there are other things to enjoy, notably the supporting performances and the mostly efficient plotting.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    The saga of Sookie Stackhouse (the tremulous but sturdy Anna Paquin) and her lovah Bill (slit-eyed Stephen Moyer) gets off to a great, fast start, picking up where last season left off.