• Network: HBO
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.2

1. PaunchB
    Jul 23, 2009
    Criminally overrated, lazy, disjointed and deeply shallow, seldom has a cast of characters become so irritating so swiftly. Null points.
  2. katherineh
    Jul 27, 2009
    I loved the first series give it a ten but this new series is ridiculous!! it has moved dramatically away from the book and has ruined the best character jason by turning him into just an idiot, a pure simpleton- no humour anymore. Bill is a sap and Sookie is simply irritating and she looks terrible with those weird curly bangs. Random sex scenes without any point - no lead up to them I loved the first series give it a ten but this new series is ridiculous!! it has moved dramatically away from the book and has ruined the best character jason by turning him into just an idiot, a pure simpleton- no humour anymore. Bill is a sap and Sookie is simply irritating and she looks terrible with those weird curly bangs. Random sex scenes without any point - no lead up to them just in your face gross sex. All in all this series has just left me cringing. Expand
  3. MarcusN
    Aug 11, 2009
    I don't understand why people rate season 2! It is basically a Buffy clone. Nothing wrong with that in itself - but it is a totally different show to season 1. I would give season 1 a ten, which was actually very DARK, and the vampires were actually portrayed very well, with the division between those who accepted their base instincts and those who tried to retain their humanity. I don't understand why people rate season 2! It is basically a Buffy clone. Nothing wrong with that in itself - but it is a totally different show to season 1. I would give season 1 a ten, which was actually very DARK, and the vampires were actually portrayed very well, with the division between those who accepted their base instincts and those who tried to retain their humanity. Season 2 is terribly shallow. The vampires are nothing more than humans with "special powers", and all the characters have been turned into caricatures. Season 2 is a total disgrace, it would have been better had they cancelled the show at the end of season 1. The biggest crime of all though, is how so many viewers don't seem to have noticed these dramatic and in-your-face changes. A lack of appreciation for quality that is absolutely terrible! Expand
  4. RafaelP
    Sep 30, 2009
    Way overrated, episodes were the story, if there is one, really doesn't go anywhere. Formulaic, i haven't seen any originality since the first season ended. Its mildly amusing, if you can disengage your brain and forget about trying to make sense of where the show is going. But that gets boring quickly.
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    Worst finale ever seen. The plot develops so slow. I swear to not to see any other season.
    Tara doesn't do anything. What happens is ridiculous and not funny. It is almos if the writer was experimenting what people would do if I write whatever.

Sookie remains a compelling plucky heroine, undaunted by the violent strangeness of Bill's nighttime world but still holding fast to her moral center.
    The curious thing about True Blood is that, even if you’re not that interested in their relationship, there are other things to enjoy, notably the supporting performances and the mostly efficient plotting.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    The saga of Sookie Stackhouse (the tremulous but sturdy Anna Paquin) and her lovah Bill (slit-eyed Stephen Moyer) gets off to a great, fast start, picking up where last season left off.