True Blood : Season 2

1. ChristieL
    Nov 17, 2009
    One of my favorite shows, I am very excited for season 3
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    Sexy, funny, and scary as hell, this second season is pure fun. Every episode ends in at least one cliffhanger, and leaves you DYING to find out what happens next. No pun intended.
  3. JessicaR
    Aug 3, 2009
    Season two is a step up from the first in action, I do agree about the pointless and random in your face sex scenes, but the fade away from the book brings something fresh to the table, would you really want to watch a show where you know the exact detail of what's to come next? Generally, a great show.
  4. BloodSucker
    Jul 6, 2009
    Back and better than ever.
  5. RjB.
    Aug 30, 2009
    Awesome. Love every minute of it.
  6. AleishaB
    Aug 3, 2009
    I love this show! At first I was irritated that it dodn't follow the books, but seriously, GET OVER IT! The general ideas come from the books, but now that I've been watching the show for a while I like that Alan Ball changed it from the books. It keeps you wondering what will happen next. If it had followed the books exactly, how excited would you be for next Sunday's show!?
  7. KevinM
    Sep 22, 2009
    More of everything this season! Love the contrast between Eric's unabashed joy in being a vampire and Bill's struggle to hang on to some shred of his humanity.
  8. PatrickM
    Sep 8, 2009
    Avid viewer every week. Can't wait for another season.
  9. Dec 20, 2013
    A large improvement upon the first season, and without a doubt the show's best installment, the second season of True Blood may go downhill in the final episodes, but it makes up for that with some thoroughly entertaining storylines, unforgettable characters, and incredibly intense moments.
  10. roKemp
    Dec 20, 2009
    Dark, funny, sexy! Forget about Twilight, that's for teenage girls but has nothing to offer. This is IT!
  11. PaunchB
    Jul 23, 2009
    Criminally overrated, lazy, disjointed and deeply shallow, seldom has a cast of characters become so irritating so swiftly. Null points.
  12. katherineh
    Jul 27, 2009
    I loved the first series give it a ten but this new series is ridiculous!! it has moved dramatically away from the book and has ruined the best character jason by turning him into just an idiot, a pure simpleton- no humour anymore. Bill is a sap and Sookie is simply irritating and she looks terrible with those weird curly bangs. Random sex scenes without any point - no lead up to them I loved the first series give it a ten but this new series is ridiculous!! it has moved dramatically away from the book and has ruined the best character jason by turning him into just an idiot, a pure simpleton- no humour anymore. Bill is a sap and Sookie is simply irritating and she looks terrible with those weird curly bangs. Random sex scenes without any point - no lead up to them just in your face gross sex. All in all this series has just left me cringing. Expand
  13. MarcusN
    Aug 11, 2009
    I don't understand why people rate season 2! It is basically a Buffy clone. Nothing wrong with that in itself - but it is a totally different show to season 1. I would give season 1 a ten, which was actually very DARK, and the vampires were actually portrayed very well, with the division between those who accepted their base instincts and those who tried to retain their humanity. I don't understand why people rate season 2! It is basically a Buffy clone. Nothing wrong with that in itself - but it is a totally different show to season 1. I would give season 1 a ten, which was actually very DARK, and the vampires were actually portrayed very well, with the division between those who accepted their base instincts and those who tried to retain their humanity. Season 2 is terribly shallow. The vampires are nothing more than humans with "special powers", and all the characters have been turned into caricatures. Season 2 is a total disgrace, it would have been better had they cancelled the show at the end of season 1. The biggest crime of all though, is how so many viewers don't seem to have noticed these dramatic and in-your-face changes. A lack of appreciation for quality that is absolutely terrible! Expand
  14. RafaelP
    Sep 30, 2009
    Way overrated, episodes were the story, if there is one, really doesn't go anywhere. Formulaic, i haven't seen any originality since the first season ended. Its mildly amusing, if you can disengage your brain and forget about trying to make sense of where the show is going. But that gets boring quickly.
  15. Nov 11, 2011
    Worst finale ever seen. The plot develops so slow. I swear to not to see any other season.
    Tara doesn't do anything. What happens is ridiculous and not funny. It is almos if the writer was experimenting what people would do if I write whatever.
  16. Nov 3, 2010
    We saw a definite decline in story quality in this season. The cast still remained excellent and managed to save this show from mediocrity. The story was way too over the top for my taste. This show should be about vampires, introducing more fantasy is ruining it for me.
  17. Aug 26, 2012
    Though the MaryAnne storyline was tedious and annoying, the rest of the season was great and much more dark and suspenseful compared to the first season.
  18. Jul 10, 2012
    Season 2 of True Blood succeeds where the first failed: there's more action, better writing, and the cast, featuring The Killing and Battlestar Galactica's Michelle Forbes, is much better this time around. If you were iffy about Season 1, give Season 2 a try, it won't bite.
  19. Aug 28, 2012
    An overall strong second season. I love how the series turns social issues on their heads. This season dealing mostly with religion. Definitely a must watch if you loved season one!
  20. LukeF
    Oct 25, 2009
    Fantastic show...keeps my attention to whole way through and leaves me begging for more.
  21. karind
    Jun 14, 2009
    1st time I have seen this way cool and I am 61 yrs. old
  22. ErolA
    Jun 15, 2009
    True Blood Season Two starts off right where Season One left off. Good stuff.
  23. AnisiaB
    Jul 19, 2009
    I am so hooked on this show. This season is definitely as good, if not better than the first. Terrific cast!!
  24. JeffG
    Jul 22, 2009
    Season one had a shaky start, but once it picked up it hasn't slowed down, only built momentum. Season two has continued to amaze me with each episode, adding to the mysterious and overall greatness of this show.
  25. SimonE
    Aug 30, 2009
    I'm pissed off these shows never come to Australia, after watching first season of Buffy i swore I'd never watch another vampire movie, series and reruns. True Blood has rekindle my imagination, with this sort of genre i like characters that have a little depth - Tara dealing with an alcoholic mother in season 1 and the realization that it was something more sinister ...."weird I'm pissed off these shows never come to Australia, after watching first season of Buffy i swore I'd never watch another vampire movie, series and reruns. True Blood has rekindle my imagination, with this sort of genre i like characters that have a little depth - Tara dealing with an alcoholic mother in season 1 and the realization that it was something more sinister ...."weird with strange twist" keeping true to its genre. Up to episode 10 season 2 and I'm still infuriated with Sookie's promiscuous escapades (obviously she's under VJ but i find that hard to believe) and self-centeredness. Enough of the dribble awesome show on TV!! Expand
  26. ReneeQ
    Aug 5, 2009
    I really enjoy the show. 2 things I would change. I am really not interested in any more Bill / Sookie sex scenes for one. Secondly I find the actor that plays Eric much more interesting to watch than Moyer. I think it's a mis-cast because Bill's character as it's cast with Moyer really is dead. It's realistically too late to change though (sadly). I love the rest I really enjoy the show. 2 things I would change. I am really not interested in any more Bill / Sookie sex scenes for one. Secondly I find the actor that plays Eric much more interesting to watch than Moyer. I think it's a mis-cast because Bill's character as it's cast with Moyer really is dead. It's realistically too late to change though (sadly). I love the rest though. All the other characters are well cast and interesting in the extreme, all the way down to Andy. I can ignore the Bill problem because of this. Expand
  27. LydonM
    Oct 27, 2009
    Absolutely amazing. Dark, dangerous and a great book to TV adaptation.
  28. Midge
    Jun 15, 2009
    Great cast. Excellent performances. I can't wait to see what happens next!
  29. ErikJ
    Jun 28, 2009
    This show is not necessarily a vampire, sci-fi fan show, it's is more of a drama/character study than something like Underworld. I picked up this show from a suggestion of someone I work with and watched all 14 episodes over the last 3 days... totally riveted. Watch the first 3 episodes of season 1 and you'll be hooked.
  30. RaymondB.
    Jul 18, 2009
    Thank god this isn't on the regular channels or it would of been canceled before the 3rd episode!
  31. BarryE.
    Aug 23, 2009
    Season 2 of true blood has been awesome thus far!!! It has me and my friends glued to the tv, and the draw is hard to explain. You dont have to enjoy "sci-fi" genre shows in general to enjoy this series, because it offers so much....love, sex, excitement, supernatural references, religion, historical references....just so much going on. There is way too much intrigue!!! I have to say this Season 2 of true blood has been awesome thus far!!! It has me and my friends glued to the tv, and the draw is hard to explain. You dont have to enjoy "sci-fi" genre shows in general to enjoy this series, because it offers so much....love, sex, excitement, supernatural references, religion, historical references....just so much going on. There is way too much intrigue!!! I have to say this is the best show on television right now! nuff said. Expand
  32. TanyaC.
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fun, dark, sexy, best show on TV!!!
  33. Jun 13, 2012
    Quite simply, the best follow up season of any TV show I've ever seen. Mary-ann is wickedly delicious and a joy to watch. It will be hard to top this season.
  34. Jun 11, 2011
    Season 2 was a step up from the last season. Maryann is possibly the best evil supernatural I have seen in a long time and the story is really original. This season though, doesn't follow the book as much as the first season did, but what they have done differently really works and I would definitely say that Season 2 of True Blood is better than Living Dead in Dallas.The only thing ISeason 2 was a step up from the last season. Maryann is possibly the best evil supernatural I have seen in a long time and the story is really original. This season though, doesn't follow the book as much as the first season did, but what they have done differently really works and I would definitely say that Season 2 of True Blood is better than Living Dead in Dallas.The only thing I don't like is they continue to show Eric as the evil person who cannot be trusted when it should be Bill who should be shown this way. Great season! Expand
  35. Jun 27, 2011
    This was an amazing season, and my favorite. I loved the maenad, and could have never guessed
    it. I thought Sam was gone in the season finale, but then what happened shocked the hell out of me!
  36. Aug 13, 2011
    This season doesn't follow the book as much as the first season did, but what they have done differently really works.I don't like is they continue to show Eric as the evil person who cannot be trusted when it should be Bill. The characters are even more funny, dramatic, sexy and bloody. Great season, definitely an improvement.
  37. Mar 8, 2016
  38. May 27, 2013
    This season has been the greatest season of True Blood and American TV for me so far. The story, the acting, the characters are all amazing. In the midst of annoying watered-down girl-teen soap operas like "Vampire Diaries', this show has brought a new light to the vampire franchise. It's raw, edgy feel and no holds barred action just gives it this feel of something natural and entirelyThis season has been the greatest season of True Blood and American TV for me so far. The story, the acting, the characters are all amazing. In the midst of annoying watered-down girl-teen soap operas like "Vampire Diaries', this show has brought a new light to the vampire franchise. It's raw, edgy feel and no holds barred action just gives it this feel of something natural and entirely believable. I'm in love with this show and the superb acting. Must watch. Expand
  39. Oct 10, 2013
    I think season two of True Blood was my favourite season of the show! Full of momentum and intensity. The characters are more developed and the acting has improved in this season.
  40. Oct 19, 2013
    for me this is the best season of this series so far, this season had the best stories and the best villain, however different from another season she had an outcome and not a mystery for next season.
  41. Aug 17, 2014
    This is the best season of "True Blood". It's just over the top crazy-fun, but at the same time, it manages to pull out some emotional scenes as well (Episode 9 ends on a particularly sad note). The major theme of the season is religion mockery, (The Fellowship of the Sun & Maryann's craziness) but there is also enough relationship drama, blood, sex, humour and gore - all presented in aThis is the best season of "True Blood". It's just over the top crazy-fun, but at the same time, it manages to pull out some emotional scenes as well (Episode 9 ends on a particularly sad note). The major theme of the season is religion mockery, (The Fellowship of the Sun & Maryann's craziness) but there is also enough relationship drama, blood, sex, humour and gore - all presented in a fun way only this show knows. Expand
  42. Aug 19, 2014
  43. Mar 30, 2015
  44. Aug 17, 2015
    A large improvement upon the first season, and without a doubt the show's best installment, the second season of True Blood makes up for its flaws with some thoroughly entertaining storylines, unforgettable characters, and incredibly intense moments.
  45. Jun 19, 2016
    Just finished the 2nd season of True Blood with a big Question mark (last minute of episode 12). After the first season hits me with cool characters and a lot of fantasy stuff, the 2nd season brought more depth, with new showplaces like Dallas or the queen´s retreat. Also the new maenad-villain could convince with strong powers and profound thoughts trough the 12 episodes. The star of theJust finished the 2nd season of True Blood with a big Question mark (last minute of episode 12). After the first season hits me with cool characters and a lot of fantasy stuff, the 2nd season brought more depth, with new showplaces like Dallas or the queen´s retreat. Also the new maenad-villain could convince with strong powers and profound thoughts trough the 12 episodes. The star of the 2nd season is undisputed Sam Merlotte with his good heart and gestalt transformations, can´t wait to see the 3rd season. Expand

Sookie remains a compelling plucky heroine, undaunted by the violent strangeness of Bill's nighttime world but still holding fast to her moral center.
    The curious thing about True Blood is that, even if you’re not that interested in their relationship, there are other things to enjoy, notably the supporting performances and the mostly efficient plotting.
  3. The saga of Sookie Stackhouse (the tremulous but sturdy Anna Paquin) and her lovah Bill (slit-eyed Stephen Moyer) gets off to a great, fast start, picking up where last season left off.