• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 7, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
7.5

1. Jun 13, 2012
    True Blood this season was too overpopulated. There were too many people I needed to care about and too many background characters where getting too much screen time. I hoped they would slow down a bit as the season went on. I used to believe True blood was a believable portrayal of a supernatural world, but this season has questioned that belief.
  2. Sep 29, 2011
    Nope, this season does not improve on last . . . much, anyway. Plusses include more Pam, less, Tara, more Pam, less Bill 'n' Sookie, and more Pam. Minuses include less Eric (even--or especially--when Eric is present), as well as more and more and more supernatural species, to the point, where, if you live in Bon Temps and don't have a magical power or two, you might as well stay at home with your shoelaces tied together and chewing gum in your ears, because nothing you can come up with--genius, germs, or guns--will get you anywhere. "True Blood" has gone the way of many soap operas--and, make no mistake about it, the show is pure soap--in proliferating storylines to the point where characters lose all integrity, becoming mere plot vehicles. A sure-fire giveaway is a major character's contracting amnesia and undergoing a complete personality change to allow an improbable development. Yeah, I know: the book did it first--so what? Why am I still watching? (1) Kristin Bauer (though Pam's final meltdown made me cringe); (2) Nelsan Ellis, whose Lafayette don't need no stinkin' power, even though he now has one; (3) Sam Trammell, who understands how to be both fierce and sweet; (4) Deborah Ann Woll, now gloriously predatory; (5) Todd Lowe, heartbreaking icon of damaged goodness; and (6) Kevin Alejandro, finally giving beautiful Lafayette a taste of what charmless Sookie has been gulping for four seasons. Why will I watch next season? Because it looks very much as though Michael Raymond-James's Rene will be back in some form. If so, I have a hit list for him . . .. Expand
  3. Aug 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No worries, for True Blood is still the sexy, dazzling masterpiece it started out as. The fourth season, however, is plauged by inconsistencies, boring/ pointless storylines and an overall loss of the Southern "pazazz" that made the first season so delectable. Veteran actress Fiona Shaw does a good attempt at saving the show with her excellent performance as bitter witches Antonia and Marnie, but the whole show is darkened by ununderstandable decisions by the writing staff, such as the death of Sophie-Anne Leclerq. And the whole Sookie/Eric/Bill triangle? Weird. Sookie being drawn to the innocent new Eric is relatable, but her still feeling for Bill, who was exposed as a jerk who used her for his own purposes in the last season.. that's just silly. Unless vampire blood does more then we know. Anyway, the season finale better be good. Expand
  4. Aug 2, 2011
    The first 3 seasons were good, if not great. This season kind of disappoints me. You start with vampires, awesome, then werewolves....OK fine. Now fairies? Come on are you serious? Oh that's not all, witches now? Give me a break. If they keep this up I def won't be watching next season. I'll finish this b/c I've already started it but I'm really getting disappointed.
  5. Jun 27, 2011
    Twilight with T&A, too many monsters and too many characters overpopulate this supposedly small southern town. Seems like everyone has a power now, so much that the humans are an endangered species on this show. The plots go in circles (see the increasingly tedious SookieBillEric triangle; anything involving an angry Tara getting brainwashed or tortured or getting drunk or feeling sorry for herself) and some just come out of nowhere (Sam is now an angry drunk?). Expand
  6. Jun 27, 2011
    They skipped too much that I've been waiting a year to see. BUT, they re-introduced all of the characters in a new way and are time managing all of them very well. I think skipping a year worked out in a benefit since the only good thing about season 3 (Russell) was already over in the season 3 finale. This season just may beat season 2 (my favorite season).
  7. Jun 27, 2011
    Welcome back fanglovers and fangbearers alike.....though the season strtd off wid a somewat deviated atmosphere wat wid all the lights nd beautiful(or at least pretending to be) fairies m happy dat it dint last long nd we were out of there..pacey,dark,sensual,subtle as ever True Blood is back and how!!!i was worried if they cud remain as consistent as they were for a 4th season since i hve been witness to things starting wid bang(no pun intended fangbangers!!!) and then fizzle out widout a trace..but it was not the case wid True Blood......and Eric...man wish i were you.!! Expand
  8. Jun 29, 2011
    I have never felt so hooked in a True Blood season like this one. I thought fairies would be a lame theme but it was the opposite, it turned out great. For the first time, Im reading the books just because of this amazing season première.
  9. Jul 1, 2011
    It was a very even start to what could have been a series of rocky conclucions to the messy cliffhangers of season 3 (which was easily the weakest season of the series thus far). All the characters were given sufficient screentime, showcasing brilliant editing. And thankfully the perpetual love triangle was simmered down in this episode. I have high hopes for this season, and looking forword for whats to come and hoping that Ball doesn't clutter his allready character-cluttered world more plots and sub-plots and sub-sub-plots. Expand
  10. Jul 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. watch here - http://new-tvseries.blogspot.com/search/label/True%20Blood new episode of true blood.

watch here - http://new-tvseries.blogspot.com/search/label/True%20Blood

watch here - http://new-tvseries.blogspot.com/search/label/True%20Blood
  11. Jul 4, 2011
    I cried because I had no shoes....until I met a man who had to sit and watch this ridiculous crap. "If you sit here and watch this show I'll give you my shoes", said the man. "No", I replied. "But you have no shoes!" he exclaimed. "That is correct", I said. "And I really wish I had shoes. But not like this, man. Not like this." Then my best friend AL wheeled up in his wheelchair. "What's this?", asked AL.

"This guy has to sit here and watch True Blood", I said.

"Oh my God!", said AL, clearly horrified. "WHY???"

"I don't know", said the man. "I just started watching it a few years ago"

"Did you ever like it?", asked AL

"What?"

"The show. Did you like it. Did you ever enjoy watching True Blood"

"I....well....I..."

A look of realization, then shock, then pain crossed the man's face. The agony and betrayal burned into his features. AL and I had seen this type of thing before and it never got any easier to watch.

"It will get better, won't it?" pleaded the man. "I mean, it's HBO right? It will all be ok, won't it?"

I put my arm around the man. "No, my friend", I said in a Spanish accent. "Never will it improve. It saddens me to see this happen to you, a good man. But I fear your fate is sealed".

"Why are you talking in a Spanish accent?", asked AL.

"I dunno! Hahahaha. Hey it's dollar Chalupa night , does Sharon have yoga?"

"Yeah!", said AL. "She isn't back until nine and I sure am hungry!"

"Let's go then!"

And so it came to pass that me and AL ate like, four Chalupas each and were completely stuffed and went back to my place and played Call of Duty until he had to get back to Sharon.
  12. Jul 7, 2011
    I was surprised but pleased when season 4 came back and a full year had passed. It gives the writers an opportunity to show Sookie adapting to all that happened while she was gone. The other characters have moved on. Alan Ball is never boring with his storylines. I am definitely hooked, and can't wait to see what happens next.
  13. Aug 14, 2011
    Absolutely Fun series to watch! The show's creators developed a great the mix of mythologies; and, the writers have given us great character development. I highly recommend this series to everyone!!!
  14. Aug 21, 2011
    I saw erics bum on trueblood tonight time to tweet about it or facebook it or tell all my girlfriends to come over so we can watch it in slow motion i hate what the writers did to this show sookies a stuck up sweaty **** and just lost all my respect for this show !!!! I hate that theres no good story lines yinz f'd up big time but managed to make millions and millions of girls wet f*ck off get ur minds right and start making better sh*t u f*gg*ots Expand
  15. Aug 25, 2011
    The best vampire show I've ever seen. Wow, this show is totally addicting me and my boyfriend can´t stop watching it! Season 4 is the best season of all! There is a little too many monsters but still True Blood season 4 is great like all the over True Blood seasons and I just can´t stop watching it! SEASON 4 = THE BEST!
  16. Sep 10, 2011
    Good season, I must say. Season 3 was a bit of a drag after a pretty good first 2 seasons. This season brought back the charm for me. Sure, it could be a tad bit better but the episodes were good. Really fun to watch :)

If I end up remembering what happened in last week's episode and waiting the week for the next episode, it's got to be good. Haven't done that with True Blood for a while.
    This season brought that feeling back. I loved this season :) Expand
  17. Aug 26, 2012
    Possibly the weakest, if not, the worst season of True Blood. This first half of the season relies heavily on over the top silliness and there are too much story lines to follow. Although, the first 3 of the season is brilliant and contains some of the best episodes in the series. So True Blood season 4 is both the best and the worst season.
  18. Nov 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What the hell happened?? This show WAS one of my favorites. Lame, boring, disappoints me! Crystal and her "group" just disappeared, for instance (can they explain that?). Season finale was terrible! Expand
  19. Dec 16, 2011
    This show is such a fun show to watch! Its nice to watch a show that you never know whats coming next. Too many shows these days are so predictable. True Blood is a breath of freash air!!
  20. Apr 28, 2012
    True Blood season four started off terrible! Wait, not just terrible, Horrible! It was just over-the-top ridiculous, filled with "Oh Come On!" and every character (apart from Pam and Jessica) started to irritate me and piss me off! But the last half of the season totally made up for it. It became more action packed, had better twists and shockings than ever and a literally jaw-dropping season finale that shocked all True Blood fans. Overall, this season is both the best and worst season of True Blood, and I hope witches never return to the series...never ever again! Expand
  21. May 11, 2012
    I loved season 4 until Sookie had to make a choice. It's understandable to misread feelings for an ex lover because that happens in real life I that Sookie let's Bill manipulate her life and she falls for the pity party every season.
  22. Jul 15, 2012
    True Blood season 4 is actually really great, except for protagonist Sookie and vampire Bill, who are probably the worst characters on television. Fiona Shaw is actually REALLY great as Marnie, a medium who, after being possessed by a vengeful witch from the Spanish Inquisition, tries to eradicate every vampire in Louisiana. Season 4 proves True Blood is still "love at first bite".
  23. Dec 20, 2013
    The beginning of season four is a quagmire. It starts off with a ridiculous and rather frustrating premise. But after the season premiere, things largely improve. We are brought back to the Bon Temps we left behind in season three, though that season ended in disappointment and season four had to clean up its mess with its first episode. As the season progresses, the story still manages to provide enough solid development to work. That being said, the season finale, And When I Die, is absolutely brilliant. Everything falls apart and it leaves us with an unhealthy desire to begin season five. Expand
  24. Oct 10, 2013
    True Blood in its fourth season was still good; fast paced with lots of momentum and plot lines that were intertwined. The only thing I disliked was the continuation of the love triangle. The whole season I thought 'Go away Bill'
  25. Oct 19, 2013
    for me this (and another season) is the worst season of true blood so far, the season ended well but the outcome they did to her was a disaster and this is also the season that I began to pray for the death of sookie
  26. Feb 7, 2014
    It's certainly the bloodiest season so far.
    The season brought us a lot of action and excitement.
    But it could not be better than the second season.
  27. Aug 19, 2014

1. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Aug 1, 2011
    True Blood works best when its freak flag flies--as long as its core characters are along for the ride.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jun 29, 2011
    Blood creator Alan Ball knows how to juggle multiple pretty people and knotty, danger-stuffed story lines for the maximum amount of breathless romance and over-the-top action.
  3. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    Jun 27, 2011
    True Blood returns on Sunday (June 26) night with too many new characters, not enough time with the characters I like, a general evasion of the most prickly parts of last season's finale, some plodding hints at a lumbering dramatic direction for this season and some breasts.