True Blood : Season 5

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 7, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
6.9

1. Sep 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So, in my honest opinion, this season sucked so much! I've seen every single episode of the series and compared to the other seasons, it was just crapola. I found this to be a season of nonstop religion and quite honestly, we get enough of that crammed down our throats through the media and religious bigots coming to our door everyday. Lilith needs to go. Yesterday. When Lilith goes and Bill returns to normal, then I will be happy. It was a bad idea to bring religion into this show... the ratings will show that. Expand
  2. Dec 20, 2013
    Season five barely works. The story is too far-fetched and even the musical score, that is overplayed throughout, makes the entire thing seem laughable. The only reason this fifth season is able to pass the test is that it's such a guilty pleasure to watch. Everything is flawed here, but it's worth it only because we want to see what happens to the characters we know and love. I'll admitSeason five barely works. The story is too far-fetched and even the musical score, that is overplayed throughout, makes the entire thing seem laughable. The only reason this fifth season is able to pass the test is that it's such a guilty pleasure to watch. Everything is flawed here, but it's worth it only because we want to see what happens to the characters we know and love. I'll admit that the final minute or two of the season finale is worth sticking around for as well. Expand
  3. Jun 13, 2012
    There are still too many characters to care about. This is what season 4 suffered from. I think they need to slow down a little bit and cut the number of storylines because the show has become too fast paced.
  4. Jul 10, 2012
    True blood was funny and entertaining , but now all of this things are gone . It's boring and way too serious . Moreover the acting never be so bad .Oh yeah i almost forget it ,am i the only one who wants to see sookie die in a horrible way ? :)
  5. Aug 27, 2012
    This season of Trueblood SUCKED (and not in the good way). Emptiness, that's what I feel right now after watching the season finale. They could have fit those story arcs in maybe half the season but dragged it waaaayyyy out. If the Bill ending of this season would have been in the middle of the season, and carried on from there, THEN it would have been a good season. Utterly disappointed.
  6. Oct 19, 2013
    this whole season was as bad as the fourth season was, but this season had a good ending that I did not give up yet of true blood despite being bad and annoyng.
  7. Dec 29, 2014
    Halfway into this season and I finally gave up on "True Blood". Middle-Eastern revenge smoke monsters were my limit. However, more than a year later I decided to hate-watch this show until the very end and I was pleasantly surprised - the second half of this season is actually pretty good. The show actually focuses on something. The show's themes about religion and gays are back too. AndHalfway into this season and I finally gave up on "True Blood". Middle-Eastern revenge smoke monsters were my limit. However, more than a year later I decided to hate-watch this show until the very end and I was pleasantly surprised - the second half of this season is actually pretty good. The show actually focuses on something. The show's themes about religion and gays are back too. And it's also fun. I'd give the first half a 2 and the second half an 8. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jun 14, 2012
    What starts out lean and mean can grow flabby and sentimental, and flaws can turn into handsome plot twists. Which is one reason to just bite down hard and go with the show.
  2. Reviewed by: Phillip Maciak
    Jun 11, 2012
    True Blood has never been a show with a conscience, so it's awkward watching it try to get one in a hurry.
  3. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    Jun 11, 2012
    The first four episodes of Season 5 find True Blood at its most directionless and meandering.