True Blood : Season 7

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 7, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
5.0

1. Sep 24, 2015
    I watched season 7 for the purposes of closure. It weakened as the years went by ( I was never a big fan of Sookie ever) and some scenes were downright poor. Especially with Tara. However the show is iconic and broke new ground. The excellent humor kept up to scratch to the end . For that alone I am glad they made it. The opening title sequence (Jaw droppingly original for the first) andI watched season 7 for the purposes of closure. It weakened as the years went by ( I was never a big fan of Sookie ever) and some scenes were downright poor. Especially with Tara. However the show is iconic and broke new ground. The excellent humor kept up to scratch to the end . For that alone I am glad they made it. The opening title sequence (Jaw droppingly original for the first) and the overall score deserve praise alone. Expand
  2. Jul 3, 2014
    I loved this series for 2 or 3 seasons, then tired of it. I tried again with the first two episodes, so far, of season 7. I can't say that I'm seeing much yet to pull me back in. So far there's been no character development, a lot of confusing large-scale violence, a couple of gratuitous sex scenes, not that I'm exactly complaining about that, Jason's vamp-guardian is pretty hot. But likeI loved this series for 2 or 3 seasons, then tired of it. I tried again with the first two episodes, so far, of season 7. I can't say that I'm seeing much yet to pull me back in. So far there's been no character development, a lot of confusing large-scale violence, a couple of gratuitous sex scenes, not that I'm exactly complaining about that, Jason's vamp-guardian is pretty hot. But like I said, nothing about it is really drawing me in, it's just kind of a big, messy, bloody mess on the screen for 40 mins. Expand
  3. Jul 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think like most fans of the show I was worried how this season would be. I mean they gave us season 5 and 6 which were, Lets be honest, **** However this new season has had me fondly remembering why I fell in love with the show in the first place. Until this last episode that is. I can't lie, the fact that "Sarah Newlin" is the cure for hep-v is just **** The aspect of them having a cure for hep-v is **** Such a great season just to pull some bull**** that reminds me of season 5 and 6. Now I'm worried again as to how it will end. Thanks HBO. :-/ Expand
  4. Nov 18, 2014
    True blood was on a freefall of nothing, but in this final season(and the finale of season 6) werent a so deep **** at least the final they had tried to fix somethings, althought it isnt the best finale but it at least make sense.
  5. Aug 25, 2014
    What an underwhelming conclusion. The final season started poorly, got a little better, and then ended with a spectacular "meh". True blood had its ups and downs but to end on a down is disappointing. It's not epically bad (like Lost or Dexter, a lumberjack - really?) but I don't think the finale did the show justice.
  6. Aug 24, 2014
    While the ride to the end of the road may have been worth it for some, True Blood's final season doesn't deliver enough to be deemed worthy, and leaves the series behind with an unfortunate legacy.
  7. Mar 30, 2015
    While the ride to the end of the road may have been worth it, True Blood's final season doesn't deliver enough to be deemed worthy, and leaves a decent series behind with an unfortunate conclusion.
  8. Aug 17, 2015

1. Reviewed by: Richard Larson
    Jun 23, 2014
    True Blood seems to have exhausted its stores of surprises.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jun 20, 2014
    HBO's True Blood opens its seventh and final season on a rather anemic note.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark Dawidziak
    Jun 19, 2014
    The potential definitely is there for a bloody good finale. The setup is intriguing enough.