• Network: HBO
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.1

1. RonP.
    Oct 7, 2008
    Brilliant, lurid southern Gothic soap opera. in its own way, it's as groundbreaking and masterful as ball's "six feet under." the first show to have me completely hooked from the first episode since "sopranos."
  2. MikeG.
    Oct 4, 2008
    Amazing show! I love that the char. are more fleshed out and feel real compared to the crap on nbc, etc. The sex scenes add to the dynamics of the char. backstory and are well done. I haven't wanted to pick up a novel in a while, but if the book series is this good, I've been missing out. this show is like heroes, law and order, and friends all in one.
  3. LeahB.
    Oct 6, 2008
    I absolutely love this show.. Right when the show ends, I can't wait for next Sunday to watch what will happen next!!!
  4. CharlotteL.
    Oct 9, 2008
    I've read the books and though the show is a bit different its not too bad. The reason that will make me stop watching is if they force sam to be the serial killer.
  5. LouiseS.
    Oct 7, 2009
    Absolutely brilliant, I am hooked on this show. True Blood has a bit of everything for everybody. Very original, great choice of casting, believable storyline too , ( which I know sounds strange). All I can say is watch the show.
  6. Magicmann
    Jun 22, 2009
    The best show on Hbo. Filled with suspense, great story line, action...this show has drama.
  7. Jul 3, 2011
    True Blood is another series jumping on the vampire bandwagon and I have to say, the Vamps have never seemed cooler, sexier and crazy! Additionally, what TB offers that other series lack is a solid characterization of the human characters as well. Sookie Stackhouse differs from Bella Swan in that she is not nearly as self-deprecating and it's refreshing. But I have to say, Eric NorthmanTrue Blood is another series jumping on the vampire bandwagon and I have to say, the Vamps have never seemed cooler, sexier and crazy! Additionally, what TB offers that other series lack is a solid characterization of the human characters as well. Sookie Stackhouse differs from Bella Swan in that she is not nearly as self-deprecating and it's refreshing. But I have to say, Eric Northman steals the show. The hot blonde vamp is surely the object of many hot dreams. Kudos TB Expand
  8. Nov 9, 2012
    The first few episodes are a rocky start, but stick with Alan Ball's True Blood. By episode seven, so many questions will be bubbling in your brain, you'll hardly be able to wait to watch the next one.
  9. ML.
    Aug 20, 2009
    The best vampire show I've ever seen. Wow, this show is totally addicting. Nice mix of drama and social/religious/political satire. Very funny at times, but also sad and moving sometimes. A little different from the books which are also great. The characters are a pretty believable, and many of them remind of me of people I know. It's not perfect, the accents are a little fake, The best vampire show I've ever seen. Wow, this show is totally addicting. Nice mix of drama and social/religious/political satire. Very funny at times, but also sad and moving sometimes. A little different from the books which are also great. The characters are a pretty believable, and many of them remind of me of people I know. It's not perfect, the accents are a little fake, and it's a mystery why Eric's hair doesn't grow back when he cut it(my girlfriend loves him but wishes they had left his hair long). They overdue the sex scenes sometimes too. Still, overall one of my favorite shows of all time. There's not many good Vampire movies or shows, so it's a refreshing change. Expand
  10. May 8, 2014
    This SHOW is the best compared to Vampire Diaries(little kids show and of course virgin stupid girls) and the mos stupid show Twilight).This show posses the best character I could ever dreamed of : Eric,Godric,Bill, and Alcide...the best SHOW EVER
  11. SamanthaH
    Feb 1, 2010
    Absolutely love it.......... Anna Paquin is great.
  12. AndyP.
    Oct 13, 2008
    This show is incredible. It's one of the few where I actually cannot wait until the next episode. It's one of the quickest hours of the week. If you haven't watched it yet, you need to.
  13. TrishaP.
    Oct 15, 2008
    This show is amazing! I watched the first episode and i was hooked... some of the actors could do a better job some times it just seems so fake the way the do or say things just makes it seem that way but other times i am so compelled by what is happening!! I love that show!!
  14. AdrienneS.
    Oct 16, 2008
    There was nothing like the Sopranos, until True Blood came along. Now it's on the top of my all time list of greatt shows. It's my obsession!!!!
  15. TinaM
    Dec 10, 2008
    Flawed, but extremely entertaining. If you are not a fan of tongue-in-cheek exaggeration (a la Grindhouse, Black Dynamite, etc), you probably won't like this. The show tries to be a lot of things (comedy, pulp, ensemble drama, and fantasy) and sometimes comes off as uneven, but the overall quirkiness/weirdness of the show allows for it. I think the acting is quite good (accents... Flawed, but extremely entertaining. If you are not a fan of tongue-in-cheek exaggeration (a la Grindhouse, Black Dynamite, etc), you probably won't like this. The show tries to be a lot of things (comedy, pulp, ensemble drama, and fantasy) and sometimes comes off as uneven, but the overall quirkiness/weirdness of the show allows for it. I think the acting is quite good (accents... meh... I think it's funny that the best/most convincing Southern accents come from the two foreigners of the cast! Shame on Americans and Canadians!)... The Sookie-Gran's-pie scene made me tear up a bit (I NEVER cry during films or TV... exception: Ikiru). Basically the show goes between hilarious scenes (stereotyped some, yes... but they're usually not negative... they're badass stereotypes), really poignant, well acted dramatic scenes, some cheesy love scenes (white dress scene? lol) and some really sincere romantic scenes. Bit bumpy but worth it. And to quote a guy friend of mine: "You get to see Anna Paquin's cans!!" Expand
  16. DeniseF.
    Oct 2, 2008
    I am hooked. Can't wait until Sunday nights.
  17. MS
    Oct 25, 2008
    Finally took time to watch the show. Could tone down on the sex and bad language.Love Sookie's and Bill's relationship. The chemistry is great. I love the other characters as well and how they all relate to each other. I am hooked. Looking forward to the new episode and reading the books.
  18. AndreaS.
    Oct 26, 2008
    This show is awesome. HBO really hyped it up in August and I all but died looking forward to the series. VAMPIRES RULE!
  19. SharkyT.
    Oct 30, 2008
    This show is a huge hit and these same critics will be raving when they review it for its second season. It IS a show you will either love or hate as it has a mix of camp, horror, drama and a soap opera quality that combines for a tone that is utterly unique. Six Feet Under was a show that was undeniably good and I wouldn't understand somebody not liking it. True Blood is undeniably This show is a huge hit and these same critics will be raving when they review it for its second season. It IS a show you will either love or hate as it has a mix of camp, horror, drama and a soap opera quality that combines for a tone that is utterly unique. Six Feet Under was a show that was undeniably good and I wouldn't understand somebody not liking it. True Blood is undeniably good but I completely understand not liking it. Expand
  20. LauraL.
    Oct 5, 2008
    I find this series to be quite compelling: a great ensemble cast, good production, colorful characters (whom I hope will become more complex as the series continues), interesting inter-textuality with vampire legends and literature, a bit of an edge created by social commentary on small town culture, stereotyping, and racism. I tuned in on a whim, expecting trash. The graphic sex was I find this series to be quite compelling: a great ensemble cast, good production, colorful characters (whom I hope will become more complex as the series continues), interesting inter-textuality with vampire legends and literature, a bit of an edge created by social commentary on small town culture, stereotyping, and racism. I tuned in on a whim, expecting trash. The graphic sex was overdone and a turn off, though inecessary to some extent to establish the character of Sookie's brother Jason; too much time was spent dwelling on his sexual escapades that could have been better spent in almost any other way. This is on balance great fun and I'm going to be not only tuning in but also reading Harris' novels. The script is sticking closely to the first book in the Sookie Stackhouse series-- Tara's a new character and well used to reflect Sookie, making up for the first person narrative of the book that isn't used in the series. I'm interested to see how the script departs from Harris' book in other ways. Thanks to Harris, cast, crew, and director for entertainment worth watching. Expand
  21. VanessaM.
    Oct 6, 2008
    The leads are great and I love the way the show has expanded on the book.
  22. EK
    Oct 8, 2008
    Just keeps getting better. Episode 5 just aired and was great. Hilarious.
  23. HeatherC.
    Sep 10, 2008
    The pilot was great! My only complaint is that Sookie has been dumbed down some from the books, but that may change as her character develops in the TV series.
  24. RolandB.
    Sep 10, 2008
    Paquin is awesome...intriguing start.
  25. KathyB.
    Sep 12, 2008
    I loved it!
  26. sherryk.
    Sep 15, 2008
    Sensual, sexy, steamy - each episode has kept me mesmerized. Can't wait for episode 3.
  27. tthomas
    Sep 15, 2008
    The best Vampire show ever created and one of the most interesting shows on HBO. I also have to mention the great acting, beautiful visuals and wonderful dialogue. This is a must see. Don't believe the critics. Don't let this be the next Firefly.
    Sep 15, 2008
    I've not read the Sookie Stackhouse books, but the first two shows have me riveted. The characters may start as caricatures of themselves, but the viewer quickly learns that there is more than meets the eye, and I expect that the series will take some very exciting twists and turns.
  29. BrittneyS.
    Sep 17, 2008
    It has everything you need in a show. I bet it gets better and better!
  30. JessicaD.
    Sep 17, 2008
    I love this show. I like that fact that is not you typical vampire show. Its, its almost like real life. Nothing stupid like turning in to a bat and wearing a cap. Its great
  31. DebraR.
    Sep 19, 2008
    I am a huge fan of Charlene Harris' series of books and this show was awesome. I can't wait to see what else you come up with over the course of the next 11 episodes.
  32. zaragh
    Sep 21, 2008
    Love it. i watched each episode 5 times and i can't wait to see more.it;s so far one of the best shows I've ever seen.
  33. HeatherW.
    Sep 22, 2008
    I think some people are going into this show with there eyes closed. They are so use to the glamuor the Blade and Underworld have put on the vampire world... At least TrueBlood puts the dirty and not so pleasant views of what vampirisum. It should not always be so intriguing.. the bad side of it needs to shown and Trueblood does that...
  34. ChristinaM.
    Sep 24, 2008
    I watched this show out of curiosity and fell in love. I watched the first 3 episodes back to back and I can't wait for the 4th. The show has that side of fantasy mixed with reality that I think really draws people in. Not all the characters are amazing, but the season just started so I'll give them time to develope more. The main characters, Sookie and Bill, are wonderful. The I watched this show out of curiosity and fell in love. I watched the first 3 episodes back to back and I can't wait for the 4th. The show has that side of fantasy mixed with reality that I think really draws people in. Not all the characters are amazing, but the season just started so I'll give them time to develope more. The main characters, Sookie and Bill, are wonderful. The strange attraction between the 2 really makes you want to watch more. I can't wait for the rest of this season and seasons after! Expand
  35. DonnaB.
    Sep 25, 2008
    LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!! Keep going, can't wait too watch every week! THANKS HBO!!! Was waiting for a good horror show like this!!!
  36. MArciaA.
    Sep 29, 2008
    Great show. The tension between Anna and Stephen is just wonderful and that is what makes us watch. Great choice of actors. Keep up.
  37. EmmaW.
    Oct 7, 2009
    Great series, very sexy.
  38. MRoberts
    Mar 12, 2009
    Love this show, I cant wait till the 2nd season comes out !
  39. CaitiM.
    Jul 17, 2009
    It has such a talented cast, and is brilliantly written.
  40. JudithI.
    Jul 20, 2009
    Though I think the second season is focusing too much on the sex. The books are fabulous and I only hope True Blood continues in the same vein even though I can see they have really changed the storyline. I can always reread the books.
  41. TomT.
    Jul 28, 2009
    9.8 actually. It amuses me how some can give it a zero, makes me question the validity of their opinion. Those that get the subtlety and genius will be hard pressed to find a better show.
  42. bradf.
    Aug 24, 2009
    Most cridics dont know good viewing when they see it i love true blood.
  43. GregM
    Aug 7, 2009
    Great Show.For anyone that doesn't care for it give it a chance it will grow on you.
  44. NickM
    Sep 1, 2009
    Greatest show on Television since The Sopranos. Glad we had Entourage and Lost to get us through our time without Tony. Now we get to spend it with the badass viking of area 5.
  45. DanielT
    Feb 2, 2010
    One of the best TV series of all time. The director took everything from the books and made it better. Season Two utilizes that greatness and give us a season to remember.
  46. Carmen
    Oct 10, 2008
    Okay people. Lighten up! I can't tell you how many reviews I've read that complain about the sex...and the nudity...and how crude the language is... Have any of you ever read Laurell K Hamilton's books? This stuff is cotton candy compared to that. The point of this genre is to make us see the deepest darkest most terrifying aspects of both humanity and the supernatural and Okay people. Lighten up! I can't tell you how many reviews I've read that complain about the sex...and the nudity...and how crude the language is... Have any of you ever read Laurell K Hamilton's books? This stuff is cotton candy compared to that. The point of this genre is to make us see the deepest darkest most terrifying aspects of both humanity and the supernatural and Sookie's character is supposed to be the foil for all of that evil. If you're looking for cute bunnies and butterflies, perhaps you should sign up for a knitting class. Expand
  47. PaulS.
    Oct 12, 2008
    Like some people said below, I am HOOKED! It provides a nice transition from mystical fantasy world of vampires to a contemporary political world of today. The characters are all likable. I hate how at the end of every episode it ends on a peak. It literally leaves me thirsty for more true blood.
  48. CG
    Nov 24, 2008
    This is the most entertaining series I have seen in a while. Nothing better to watch right now. I find it insane they're gonna wait until summer 09 to start it up again.
  49. MariejoseeRoy
    Oct 13, 2008
    Its just a great show that keeps me entertained. It is intense at times, hilarious on occasions, and down right hot, in every sense of the word. It is better than most of the shows out there, at least it's original!!!!!!
  50. DanielaT.
    Oct 13, 2008
    I love it I'm addicted to it i cant wait until every Sunday to watch a new episode i think i mite have watch each episode over 10 times and everytime i watch it i get even better..i hope that theres a 2 season because i just cant get enough of true blood.
  51. NancyH.
    Nov 4, 2008
    This is one of the best shows on television right now. Alan Ball is amazing, but Charliane Harris' imagination to create this world is unreal. Kudos to the all of the actors on this show, they all do a great job with restrained emotion to help not make this series meleodramatic, but intriguing, and exciting.
  52. JoA.
    Oct 18, 2008
    See this one through. I look forward to Sunday evenings. Excellent ! Listen to the viewers not the critics.
  53. MikeM.
    Oct 21, 2008
    Definitely has grown on me a lot from the 1st episode. It made me LOL several times tonight, mostly with Jason's antics. Nicely filmed, very gothic.
  54. KarlK
    Dec 16, 2008
    Amazing series, I was hooked from start to finish, full of shocks, surprises, comedy it had everything. Thanks HBO for giving us another superb production to stand alongside the sopranos and rome etc.
  55. CarolL.
    Dec 25, 2008
    Stephen Moyer is the sexiest man in the world. Without him the show would get a 6 from me. I love to love him. Dear God I hope sombody recognizes that he is the whole show and does nottry to write him out EVER EVER. Stephen...call me.
  56. EricW
    Dec 7, 2008
    This show keep you wondering what will happen next. Who in the next episode with have some " Fucked up shit" happen to them. Where else can you watch in 5 monutes and watch 2 people ahving sex, someone die , and a vampires drining blood from a bottle. Come on thats some funny sh*t.
  57. KarmaGirl
    Sep 14, 2008
    So far, so good.
  58. LouiseR.
    Sep 15, 2008
    I love this show what can I say it is great. Good job.
  59. MitsuH.
    Sep 17, 2008
    Fantastic acting, interesting idea of integrating vampires into the everyday lives of Americans, great combination of funny and threatening scenes. Anna Paquin is luminous and expressive, and the entire cast is doing a stupendous job. First-rate all around.
  60. JoshD.
    Sep 21, 2008
    I can't believe there are big name papers that aren't giving this show the full credit it deserves. I thought the show is a sexy, scary and modern view of the century old concept of the vampire. I look forward all week to find out what happens next. I love it!!
  61. AlianaB.
    Sep 21, 2008
    Fabulous show - each character interesting and so well played. Love Moyer in this role. I'm hooked.
  62. LINDAL.
    Sep 22, 2008
    Love it. Really true to the books and great casting!!!!!
  63. WilliamN.
    Sep 22, 2008
    Finally something to watch after Deadwood, Rome, Six Feet Under, etc. Great TV! And a very sensual fantasy world portrayed.
  64. DeborahJ.
    Sep 23, 2008
    I love this show!! True escapism.
  65. R.DamienW.
    Sep 24, 2008
    I Like the taste of this fresh HBO series, and I must have more(fangs pop out)...I feel like I am getting "glamored" because like Sookie I just can't turn away from it, and I feel real guilty because the show is so dang sinful and wicked, but it is just so interesting. Lord, forgive me, but I have set my DVR to record.
  66. JarvisM.
    Sep 24, 2008
    REALLY A 10!! - I'm just leaving room for the series to surprise me!! - This is easily the BEST show on TV right now!! - The Vampires are mixed so realistically into the human world it'll almost make you start wondering about your real-life neighbors!!
  67. LisaN.
    Sep 25, 2008
    I love this show. Bill is great I hope her really isn't leaving after 5 shows I can't wait until Sunday!!
  68. CherylN.
    Sep 28, 2008
    The acting ability and chemistry between Sookie and the Vampire Bill rate a 20 on a scale of 10. Absolutely great.
  69. JanaH.
    Sep 28, 2008
    I really like the show, it not only has vampires but a who dunnit right along with it. its really keeping my interest.
  70. LisaH.
    Sep 28, 2008
    Do not cancel this show. Finally a show with sexual chemistry, dark humor, unbelievable, sad, horrific: just like real life!
  71. FaithP.
    Sep 28, 2008
    Sexy and Funny. What more could you want?
  72. AlexisB.
    Sep 28, 2008
    Addicting show...the delicious blend of horror, sex, fantasy and humor keep me waiting for every Sunday so far. Some characters are better developed and more intriguing than others - Jason, Sookie (like Anna Paquin for this role, actually), Bill, Sam.
  73. CherylP.
    Sep 29, 2008
    loved the books, delighted at the way the show cleaves closely to them. usually, i'm dismayed at how actors never seem to be what i'd imagined the characters to be, but these are all very, very close. and that lafayette--oh, baby!
  74. L
    Oct 16, 2009
    I really do not understand people who do not like this program!! I do not watch a lot of TV mainly because I am highly critical and find most TV shows are boring. True Blood has a superb plot (if the critics among you bother to see series 1 and 2 through), a great cast, and a killer cliffhanger at nearly every episode. Alan Ball has done a great job in 'sucking' the viewer in to I really do not understand people who do not like this program!! I do not watch a lot of TV mainly because I am highly critical and find most TV shows are boring. True Blood has a superb plot (if the critics among you bother to see series 1 and 2 through), a great cast, and a killer cliffhanger at nearly every episode. Alan Ball has done a great job in 'sucking' the viewer in to this one. Expand
  75. georgetter
    Jan 4, 2009
    This is one show that I look forward watching and not too many shows do that I can not wait until it comes on it keeps you guessing what will happen who is going to do what next Number one show in my book
  76. derekw
    Jun 17, 2009
    I love this show to death. every episode i am at the end of my seat on what will happen next. first i think the acting is great. all the characters have there own thing going in the series. second so what if it is over the top with f bombs and death. that is what makes it even better. this is going to be one of the biggest cult series ever and i hope more people will come to appreciate I love this show to death. every episode i am at the end of my seat on what will happen next. first i think the acting is great. all the characters have there own thing going in the series. second so what if it is over the top with f bombs and death. that is what makes it even better. this is going to be one of the biggest cult series ever and i hope more people will come to appreciate its original story telling. Expand
  77. thammonds
    Jul 18, 2009
    One of the best shows I have seen in awhile!
  78. RyanE.
    Jul 27, 2009
    Best show out right now.
  79. RasmusJ
    Jul 3, 2009
    One of the best shows I´ve ever seen, it benefits immensely from very strong actors/actresses and excellent production values, and seamlessly combines multiple genres into a True Bloodstone (a Gem, that is). Highly entertaining.
  80. WillyB
    Aug 6, 2009
    It is very nice to see someone try a different take on Vampires. I am a huge fan! The idea of a vampire/human love story is great, reminds me of Underworld. If you are looking for a good vampire series, WATCH THIS! IF you want to watch a guy with a "V", and no story line, please watch/read Twilight. This is not your sissy teen series.
  81. DianaM.
    Aug 7, 2009
    Unbelievably addicting and HBO deserves a whole lot of credit for putting out one great show after another.
  82. R.C.
    Sep 6, 2009
    True Blood is the only show that I want to air like a soap opra. I love it. the show is great. keep them coming.
  83. NataliaB.
    Nov 10, 2008
    I can't wait for each episode! The twist and turns keep you tuned in.
  84. StephanieH.
    Nov 10, 2008
    The best show on HBO since the Sopranos.
  85. BraxS.
    Nov 12, 2008
    Who the heck are these critics? Honestly.
  86. JoelC.
    Nov 22, 2008
    Right when I saw the begining of the first episode, then the ending of it I have been hooked and saw 11 episodes in 2-3 days and look forward to many many more seasons of this show. TRUEBLOOD BABY!!!!
  87. BellaG.
    Oct 12, 2008
    A riveting guilty-pleasure. Fantastic characters woven into a story that contains a delightful blend of drama, danger, and tongue-in cheek humor.
  88. CameronL
    Nov 29, 2008
    I can say, that sadly, this season has ended, and I feel utterly empty. This show has been the highlight of my Sunday Nights. Engaging characters, A plot that simmers until the very end, and show conclusions that leave you hanging until the next episode only add to the excitement and phenom that has become of this show. I suggest, while waiting for next summer, to read the novels, they I can say, that sadly, this season has ended, and I feel utterly empty. This show has been the highlight of my Sunday Nights. Engaging characters, A plot that simmers until the very end, and show conclusions that leave you hanging until the next episode only add to the excitement and phenom that has become of this show. I suggest, while waiting for next summer, to read the novels, they should hold your cravings very well! Expand
  89. AnnS
    Nov 4, 2008
    The genre is special - either it gets to you or not. I have always had this penchant for vampires and THIS show has it all! Romance, sex, horror, true love and a great portion of humor.
  90. KelsieL.
    Nov 4, 2008
    I love this show. It's refreshingly sexy, funny and very original. Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin have great chemistry on screen.
  91. AaronM.
    Nov 4, 2008
    One of the greatest television shows ever!! Can watch it over and over for 173 years.
  92. JamesC.
    Nov 8, 2008
    True Blood is a fantastic extension of modern vampire media that addresses complex issues such as race, sexual identity, and mortality while providing a visceral rush through gratuitous (and sometimes hilarious) sex scenes, violence, and surprisingly sharp humor. It's a vampire show that's actually fun! Although the series does seem to stall after 5 episodes or so, apparently True Blood is a fantastic extension of modern vampire media that addresses complex issues such as race, sexual identity, and mortality while providing a visceral rush through gratuitous (and sometimes hilarious) sex scenes, violence, and surprisingly sharp humor. It's a vampire show that's actually fun! Although the series does seem to stall after 5 episodes or so, apparently getting lost in the ever-deepening character development. This may be a side effect of watching all nine episodes (so far) in a row. Expand
  93. KellyB.
    Nov 9, 2008
    I'm in the "love it" camp. It doesn't pull any punches, creating a world that is both wondrous and terrifying all at once. I'm hooked.
  94. AnnetteN
    Dec 17, 2008
    Though I love the show, I many times wish that it followed along better with the actual book. I feel that many of the books notes are not expressed in the series that could quite possibly make the series even better! I look forward to season two!!!
  95. RaquelG.
    Dec 2, 2008
    This show is just SOOOO INCREDIBLY AWESOME. the acting may not be emmy-worthy but MAN does this show move you. The last episode made me cry, get shivers and literally scream. I can watch it over and over.
  96. HeatherF.
    Oct 24, 2008
    I love this show. I watched episode 4 and then stayed up the rest of the night watching all the others I hadn't seen. As n Anne Rice fan I was excited to see vamoires back on the screen.
  97. JennR
    Oct 25, 2008
    This is a show that you either love or hate. I love it! I think that this show separates itself from the competition- yes, there are some dirty mouths, and yes there is some raunchy sex...but there is also an ever-changing storyline and great chemistry between main characters Bill and Sookie. In a way, it is not really all that "dark" at all - its more of a unconventional love story with This is a show that you either love or hate. I love it! I think that this show separates itself from the competition- yes, there are some dirty mouths, and yes there is some raunchy sex...but there is also an ever-changing storyline and great chemistry between main characters Bill and Sookie. In a way, it is not really all that "dark" at all - its more of a unconventional love story with all the drama in between. Oh, and for those haters out there....u must like something about it to be posting your comments on here. Also - Its already been renewed for a second season, so they must be doing something right. To each their own. I personally can't wait til Sunday at 9pm. Expand
  98. RamonaW.
    Sep 11, 2008
    Really enjoyed the first episode, and I am looking forward to seeing how the rest of the story unfolds as time goes on.
  99. TrinaF.
    Sep 12, 2008
    A little bit of everything... violence, romance, fantasy, and a western all packed into one.
  100. PaulG.
    Sep 14, 2008
    The two leads were a superb choice! Bravo, casting! I have thoroughly enjoyed the first two episodes. I agree that it has a unique feel for an original HBO production. I have not quite figured out why that is. Perhaps it is simply a product of the genre and nothing more.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    I'd say that the author is more vivid, subtle, and funny in her portrayal of Southern life; I'll be surprised if her fans aren't disappointed by this adaptation. The best thing about Ball's shows is their opening credits.
  2. Vampire fantasy, murder mystery, star-crossed love story, political satire, True Blood is all and none of the above. Not quite funny, not quite scary, not quite thought-provoking, the show's attempt to question the roots of prejudice is continually undermined by its own stereotyping.
  3. The core characters, including Sookie's best friend Tara (Rutina Wesley), Sookie's brother Jason (Ryan Kwanten) and bartender Sam (Sam Trammell), who has a thing for Sookie, all have interesting features and are well-played. The rest of the locals don't come off so well, mostly having few brains and a big shortage of couth.