• Network: HBO
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.1

1. RolandB.
    Sep 10, 2008
    Paquin is awesome...intriguing start.
  2. TrinaF.
    Sep 12, 2008
    A little bit of everything... violence, romance, fantasy, and a western all packed into one.
  3. KathyB.
    Sep 12, 2008
    I loved it!
  4. LouiseR.
    Sep 15, 2008
    I love this show what can I say it is great. Good job.
  5. LynnW.
    Sep 16, 2008
    Love it.....as good as Blood Ties....if not better.
  6. BrittneyS.
    Sep 17, 2008
    It has everything you need in a show. I bet it gets better and better!
  7. MitsuH.
    Sep 17, 2008
    Fantastic acting, interesting idea of integrating vampires into the everyday lives of Americans, great combination of funny and threatening scenes. Anna Paquin is luminous and expressive, and the entire cast is doing a stupendous job. First-rate all around.
  8. JessicaD.
    Sep 17, 2008
    I love this show. I like that fact that is not you typical vampire show. Its, its almost like real life. Nothing stupid like turning in to a bat and wearing a cap. Its great
  9. lisap.
    Sep 18, 2008
    Very enjoyable. An hour well spent. Dont screw it up HBO!
  10. DebraR.
    Sep 19, 2008
    I am a huge fan of Charlene Harris' series of books and this show was awesome. I can't wait to see what else you come up with over the course of the next 11 episodes.
  11. CyndiS.
    Sep 19, 2008
    I absolutely love this show.
  12. RachelW
    Sep 19, 2008
    HBO has needed something new and exciting since Rome. This is even better! Excellent!!
  13. zaragh
    Sep 21, 2008
    Love it. i watched each episode 5 times and i can't wait to see more.it;s so far one of the best shows I've ever seen.
  14. JoshD.
    Sep 21, 2008
    I can't believe there are big name papers that aren't giving this show the full credit it deserves. I thought the show is a sexy, scary and modern view of the century old concept of the vampire. I look forward all week to find out what happens next. I love it!!
  15. AlianaB.
    Sep 21, 2008
    Fabulous show - each character interesting and so well played. Love Moyer in this role. I'm hooked.
  16. LauraM
    Sep 21, 2008
    Sookie and Bill's chemistry is the hook of this show, and I'm completely obsessed--keep up the romance!
  17. HeatherW.
    Sep 22, 2008
    I think some people are going into this show with there eyes closed. They are so use to the glamuor the Blade and Underworld have put on the vampire world... At least TrueBlood puts the dirty and not so pleasant views of what vampirisum. It should not always be so intriguing.. the bad side of it needs to shown and Trueblood does that...
  18. WilliamN.
    Sep 22, 2008
    Finally something to watch after Deadwood, Rome, Six Feet Under, etc. Great TV! And a very sensual fantasy world portrayed.
  19. LINDAL.
    Sep 22, 2008
    Love it. Really true to the books and great casting!!!!!
  20. CourtneyP.
    Sep 22, 2008
    Love it! So addicting, and vampire mythology is hot.
  21. AM
    Sep 22, 2008
    I loved this show. I can't wait to see the next episodes. I am also planning to get the books. I am so glad it got picked up for a second season. Some critics didn't like it, but, as anyone knows, never trust what the critics say. If they don't like it, it must be good!
  22. Gary
    Sep 22, 2008
    The negative reviewers must have wanted a replay of "Six Feet Under" and must not be evaluating this show on its own merits. It is great.
  23. DeborahJ.
    Sep 23, 2008
    I love this show!! True escapism.
  24. TaraG
    Sep 23, 2008
    Best new show of the season!
  25. ThomasL.
    Sep 23, 2008
    Astonished at the creativity of the show, always look forward to the next weeks episode, getting all my friends into watching it.
  26. ChristinaM.
    Sep 24, 2008
    I watched this show out of curiosity and fell in love. I watched the first 3 episodes back to back and I can't wait for the 4th. The show has that side of fantasy mixed with reality that I think really draws people in. Not all the characters are amazing, but the season just started so I'll give them time to develope more. The main characters, Sookie and Bill, are wonderful. The I watched this show out of curiosity and fell in love. I watched the first 3 episodes back to back and I can't wait for the 4th. The show has that side of fantasy mixed with reality that I think really draws people in. Not all the characters are amazing, but the season just started so I'll give them time to develope more. The main characters, Sookie and Bill, are wonderful. The strange attraction between the 2 really makes you want to watch more. I can't wait for the rest of this season and seasons after! Expand
  27. DonnaB.
    Sep 25, 2008
    LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!! Keep going, can't wait too watch every week! THANKS HBO!!! Was waiting for a good horror show like this!!!
  28. LisaN.
    Sep 25, 2008
    I love this show. Bill is great I hope her really isn't leaving after 5 shows I can't wait until Sunday!!
  29. SaraD.
    Sep 27, 2008
    This is by far the best series to date. I just can't get enough of the plot, the characters, etc. The cast is just plain brilliant. The connection between Sookie and Bill is just mesmerizing. I have taken an interest with every character. The show is frightening yet seductively sensual. My words and thoughts just don't do the show enough justice. I cannot stop watching every This is by far the best series to date. I just can't get enough of the plot, the characters, etc. The cast is just plain brilliant. The connection between Sookie and Bill is just mesmerizing. I have taken an interest with every character. The show is frightening yet seductively sensual. My words and thoughts just don't do the show enough justice. I cannot stop watching every episode over and over again - I think I need help! I look foward to Sundays with bated breath. Congratulations to everyone involved with this production!!! Expand
  30. CherylN.
    Sep 28, 2008
    The acting ability and chemistry between Sookie and the Vampire Bill rate a 20 on a scale of 10. Absolutely great.
  31. KathyB.
    I loved it!
  32. JanaH.
    Sep 28, 2008
    I really like the show, it not only has vampires but a who dunnit right along with it. its really keeping my interest.
  33. LisaH.
    Sep 28, 2008
    Do not cancel this show. Finally a show with sexual chemistry, dark humor, unbelievable, sad, horrific: just like real life!
  34. MArciaA.
    Sep 29, 2008
    Great show. The tension between Anna and Stephen is just wonderful and that is what makes us watch. Great choice of actors. Keep up.
  35. CherylP.
    Sep 29, 2008
    loved the books, delighted at the way the show cleaves closely to them. usually, i'm dismayed at how actors never seem to be what i'd imagined the characters to be, but these are all very, very close. and that lafayette--oh, baby!
  36. DeniseF.
    Oct 2, 2008
    I am hooked. Can't wait until Sunday nights.
  37. MikeG.
    Oct 4, 2008
    Amazing show! I love that the char. are more fleshed out and feel real compared to the crap on nbc, etc. The sex scenes add to the dynamics of the char. backstory and are well done. I haven't wanted to pick up a novel in a while, but if the book series is this good, I've been missing out. this show is like heroes, law and order, and friends all in one.
  38. LeahB.
    Oct 6, 2008
    I absolutely love this show.. Right when the show ends, I can't wait for next Sunday to watch what will happen next!!!
  39. RonP.
    Oct 7, 2008
    Brilliant, lurid southern Gothic soap opera. in its own way, it's as groundbreaking and masterful as ball's "six feet under." the first show to have me completely hooked from the first episode since "sopranos."
  40. CharlotteL.
    Oct 9, 2008
    I've read the books and though the show is a bit different its not too bad. The reason that will make me stop watching is if they force sam to be the serial killer.
  41. Carmen
    Oct 10, 2008
    Okay people. Lighten up! I can't tell you how many reviews I've read that complain about the sex...and the nudity...and how crude the language is... Have any of you ever read Laurell K Hamilton's books? This stuff is cotton candy compared to that. The point of this genre is to make us see the deepest darkest most terrifying aspects of both humanity and the supernatural and Okay people. Lighten up! I can't tell you how many reviews I've read that complain about the sex...and the nudity...and how crude the language is... Have any of you ever read Laurell K Hamilton's books? This stuff is cotton candy compared to that. The point of this genre is to make us see the deepest darkest most terrifying aspects of both humanity and the supernatural and Sookie's character is supposed to be the foil for all of that evil. If you're looking for cute bunnies and butterflies, perhaps you should sign up for a knitting class. Expand
  42. PaulS.
    Oct 12, 2008
    Like some people said below, I am HOOKED! It provides a nice transition from mystical fantasy world of vampires to a contemporary political world of today. The characters are all likable. I hate how at the end of every episode it ends on a peak. It literally leaves me thirsty for more true blood.
  43. BellaG.
    Oct 12, 2008
    A riveting guilty-pleasure. Fantastic characters woven into a story that contains a delightful blend of drama, danger, and tongue-in cheek humor.
  44. AndyP.
    Oct 13, 2008
    This show is incredible. It's one of the few where I actually cannot wait until the next episode. It's one of the quickest hours of the week. If you haven't watched it yet, you need to.
  45. TrishaP.
    Oct 15, 2008
    This show is amazing! I watched the first episode and i was hooked... some of the actors could do a better job some times it just seems so fake the way the do or say things just makes it seem that way but other times i am so compelled by what is happening!! I love that show!!
  46. AdrienneS.
    Oct 16, 2008
    There was nothing like the Sopranos, until True Blood came along. Now it's on the top of my all time list of greatt shows. It's my obsession!!!!
  47. MikeM.
    Oct 21, 2008
    Definitely has grown on me a lot from the 1st episode. It made me LOL several times tonight, mostly with Jason's antics. Nicely filmed, very gothic.
  48. HeatherF.
    Oct 24, 2008
    I love this show. I watched episode 4 and then stayed up the rest of the night watching all the others I hadn't seen. As n Anne Rice fan I was excited to see vamoires back on the screen.
  49. MS
    Oct 25, 2008
    Finally took time to watch the show. Could tone down on the sex and bad language.Love Sookie's and Bill's relationship. The chemistry is great. I love the other characters as well and how they all relate to each other. I am hooked. Looking forward to the new episode and reading the books.
  50. JennR
    Oct 25, 2008
    This is a show that you either love or hate. I love it! I think that this show separates itself from the competition- yes, there are some dirty mouths, and yes there is some raunchy sex...but there is also an ever-changing storyline and great chemistry between main characters Bill and Sookie. In a way, it is not really all that "dark" at all - its more of a unconventional love story with This is a show that you either love or hate. I love it! I think that this show separates itself from the competition- yes, there are some dirty mouths, and yes there is some raunchy sex...but there is also an ever-changing storyline and great chemistry between main characters Bill and Sookie. In a way, it is not really all that "dark" at all - its more of a unconventional love story with all the drama in between. Oh, and for those haters out there....u must like something about it to be posting your comments on here. Also - Its already been renewed for a second season, so they must be doing something right. To each their own. I personally can't wait til Sunday at 9pm. Expand
  51. AndreaS.
    Oct 26, 2008
    This show is awesome. HBO really hyped it up in August and I all but died looking forward to the series. VAMPIRES RULE!
  52. AnnS
    Nov 4, 2008
    The genre is special - either it gets to you or not. I have always had this penchant for vampires and THIS show has it all! Romance, sex, horror, true love and a great portion of humor.
  53. NancyH.
    Nov 4, 2008
    This is one of the best shows on television right now. Alan Ball is amazing, but Charliane Harris' imagination to create this world is unreal. Kudos to the all of the actors on this show, they all do a great job with restrained emotion to help not make this series meleodramatic, but intriguing, and exciting.
  54. KelsieL.
    Nov 4, 2008
    I love this show. It's refreshingly sexy, funny and very original. Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin have great chemistry on screen.
  55. AaronM.
    Nov 4, 2008
    One of the greatest television shows ever!! Can watch it over and over for 173 years.
  56. KellyB.
    Nov 9, 2008
    I'm in the "love it" camp. It doesn't pull any punches, creating a world that is both wondrous and terrifying all at once. I'm hooked.
  57. NataliaB.
    Nov 10, 2008
    I can't wait for each episode! The twist and turns keep you tuned in.
  58. StephanieH.
    Nov 10, 2008
    The best show on HBO since the Sopranos.
  59. BraxS.
    Nov 12, 2008
    Who the heck are these critics? Honestly.
  60. DavidL.
    Nov 18, 2008
    The user-review rating says it all. I hate most TV shows, I really do. In fact, the only TV show I've actively followed and enjoyed in the last 5 years, is The Wire. Make no mistake, this isn't The Wire quality, but it is an incredibly fun, funny, interesting and downright intriguing show. There's nothing else out there like it. This isn't Buffy the Vampire Slayer on The user-review rating says it all. I hate most TV shows, I really do. In fact, the only TV show I've actively followed and enjoyed in the last 5 years, is The Wire. Make no mistake, this isn't The Wire quality, but it is an incredibly fun, funny, interesting and downright intriguing show. There's nothing else out there like it. This isn't Buffy the Vampire Slayer on HBO. Just like The Wire isn't The Shield on HBO. Both are incredibly different shows, and both extremely interesting. Expand
  61. SammyKay
    Nov 18, 2008
    Excellent new material - ingenious concept re-creating the typical vampire story.
  62. JoelC.
    Nov 22, 2008
    Right when I saw the begining of the first episode, then the ending of it I have been hooked and saw 11 episodes in 2-3 days and look forward to many many more seasons of this show. TRUEBLOOD BABY!!!!
  63. CG
    Nov 24, 2008
    This is the most entertaining series I have seen in a while. Nothing better to watch right now. I find it insane they're gonna wait until summer 09 to start it up again.
  64. CameronL
    Nov 29, 2008
    I can say, that sadly, this season has ended, and I feel utterly empty. This show has been the highlight of my Sunday Nights. Engaging characters, A plot that simmers until the very end, and show conclusions that leave you hanging until the next episode only add to the excitement and phenom that has become of this show. I suggest, while waiting for next summer, to read the novels, they I can say, that sadly, this season has ended, and I feel utterly empty. This show has been the highlight of my Sunday Nights. Engaging characters, A plot that simmers until the very end, and show conclusions that leave you hanging until the next episode only add to the excitement and phenom that has become of this show. I suggest, while waiting for next summer, to read the novels, they should hold your cravings very well! Expand
  65. RaquelG.
    Dec 2, 2008
    This show is just SOOOO INCREDIBLY AWESOME. the acting may not be emmy-worthy but MAN does this show move you. The last episode made me cry, get shivers and literally scream. I can watch it over and over.
  66. EricW
    Dec 7, 2008
    This show keep you wondering what will happen next. Who in the next episode with have some " Fucked up shit" happen to them. Where else can you watch in 5 monutes and watch 2 people ahving sex, someone die , and a vampires drining blood from a bottle. Come on thats some funny sh*t.
  67. KarlK
    Dec 16, 2008
    Amazing series, I was hooked from start to finish, full of shocks, surprises, comedy it had everything. Thanks HBO for giving us another superb production to stand alongside the sopranos and rome etc.
  68. CarolL.
    Dec 25, 2008
    Stephen Moyer is the sexiest man in the world. Without him the show would get a 6 from me. I love to love him. Dear God I hope sombody recognizes that he is the whole show and does nottry to write him out EVER EVER. Stephen...call me.
  69. georgetter
    Jan 4, 2009
    This is one show that I look forward watching and not too many shows do that I can not wait until it comes on it keeps you guessing what will happen who is going to do what next Number one show in my book
  70. BridgetA
    Jan 17, 2009
    Addicted. Completely obsessed by it. And I am a literature major. The books are fine. Watched the series first and prefer it.
  71. als
    Feb 18, 2009
    Great show. Can not wait for the new season.
  72. MRoberts
    Mar 12, 2009
    Love this show, I cant wait till the 2nd season comes out !
  73. derekw
    Jun 17, 2009
    I love this show to death. every episode i am at the end of my seat on what will happen next. first i think the acting is great. all the characters have there own thing going in the series. second so what if it is over the top with f bombs and death. that is what makes it even better. this is going to be one of the biggest cult series ever and i hope more people will come to appreciate I love this show to death. every episode i am at the end of my seat on what will happen next. first i think the acting is great. all the characters have there own thing going in the series. second so what if it is over the top with f bombs and death. that is what makes it even better. this is going to be one of the biggest cult series ever and i hope more people will come to appreciate its original story telling. Expand
  74. Magicmann
    Jun 22, 2009
    The best show on Hbo. Filled with suspense, great story line, action...this show has drama.
  75. RasmusJ
    Jul 3, 2009
    One of the best shows I´ve ever seen, it benefits immensely from very strong actors/actresses and excellent production values, and seamlessly combines multiple genres into a True Bloodstone (a Gem, that is). Highly entertaining.
  76. CaitiM.
    Jul 17, 2009
    It has such a talented cast, and is brilliantly written.
  77. thammonds
    Jul 18, 2009
    One of the best shows I have seen in awhile!
  78. JudithI.
    Jul 20, 2009
    Though I think the second season is focusing too much on the sex. The books are fabulous and I only hope True Blood continues in the same vein even though I can see they have really changed the storyline. I can always reread the books.
  79. RyanE.
    Jul 27, 2009
    Best show out right now.
  80. TomT.
    Jul 28, 2009
    9.8 actually. It amuses me how some can give it a zero, makes me question the validity of their opinion. Those that get the subtlety and genius will be hard pressed to find a better show.
  81. DianaM.
    Aug 7, 2009
    Unbelievably addicting and HBO deserves a whole lot of credit for putting out one great show after another.
  82. ML.
    Aug 20, 2009
    The best vampire show I've ever seen. Wow, this show is totally addicting. Nice mix of drama and social/religious/political satire. Very funny at times, but also sad and moving sometimes. A little different from the books which are also great. The characters are a pretty believable, and many of them remind of me of people I know. It's not perfect, the accents are a little fake, The best vampire show I've ever seen. Wow, this show is totally addicting. Nice mix of drama and social/religious/political satire. Very funny at times, but also sad and moving sometimes. A little different from the books which are also great. The characters are a pretty believable, and many of them remind of me of people I know. It's not perfect, the accents are a little fake, and it's a mystery why Eric's hair doesn't grow back when he cut it(my girlfriend loves him but wishes they had left his hair long). They overdue the sex scenes sometimes too. Still, overall one of my favorite shows of all time. There's not many good Vampire movies or shows, so it's a refreshing change. Expand
  83. bradf.
    Aug 24, 2009
    Most cridics dont know good viewing when they see it i love true blood.
  84. NickM
    Sep 1, 2009
    Greatest show on Television since The Sopranos. Glad we had Entourage and Lost to get us through our time without Tony. Now we get to spend it with the badass viking of area 5.
  85. R.C.
    Sep 6, 2009
    True Blood is the only show that I want to air like a soap opra. I love it. the show is great. keep them coming.
  86. AliG.
    Sep 22, 2009
    If you want to watch something that you can really hear what you want, then true blood is for your ears. Not mentioning the ultimate performance of the cast, it's one of the unique-obsessed tv shows i've ever watched. It is promising with top quality effects that the show offers and also ironic with what it offers by a mixture of humour and uniqueness in a depression oriented theme.
  87. LouiseS.
    Oct 7, 2009
    Absolutely brilliant, I am hooked on this show. True Blood has a bit of everything for everybody. Very original, great choice of casting, believable storyline too , ( which I know sounds strange). All I can say is watch the show.
  88. EmmaW.
    Oct 7, 2009
    Great series, very sexy.
  89. L
    Oct 16, 2009
    I really do not understand people who do not like this program!! I do not watch a lot of TV mainly because I am highly critical and find most TV shows are boring. True Blood has a superb plot (if the critics among you bother to see series 1 and 2 through), a great cast, and a killer cliffhanger at nearly every episode. Alan Ball has done a great job in 'sucking' the viewer in to I really do not understand people who do not like this program!! I do not watch a lot of TV mainly because I am highly critical and find most TV shows are boring. True Blood has a superb plot (if the critics among you bother to see series 1 and 2 through), a great cast, and a killer cliffhanger at nearly every episode. Alan Ball has done a great job in 'sucking' the viewer in to this one. Expand
  90. anonymous
    Dec 13, 2009
    Couldn't be anything other than a solid 10, it's as perfect as TV ever gets. The actors are all perfectly cast, each episode is brilliant, season 2 is a masterpiece from start to finish. It's the best thing that's appeared on TV since the channel 4 series dead set, in fact it's much better.
  91. SamanthaH
    Feb 1, 2010
    Absolutely love it.......... Anna Paquin is great.
  92. DanielT
    Feb 2, 2010
    One of the best TV series of all time. The director took everything from the books and made it better. Season Two utilizes that greatness and give us a season to remember.
  93. Aug 18, 2010
    Brilliant, imaginative, funny and at times very moving. The storyline is varies to that of the Sookie Stackhouse books, so should not be compared too closely by literary fans but it is a very good adaptation. I have been glued and after one episode become a fan. Would highly recommend.
  94. Aug 28, 2010
    I didn't think this TV series would ever be my cup of tea, it doesn't hold back on the amount of blood and gore, sex scenes, or torture. Surprisingly, three seasons down the line, I'm well and truly hooked. It's nothing like your Edward and Bella romance; maybe it's just as intense and sloppy, but surrounding them is an increase in murders, kidnappings, and an ever growing variety ofI didn't think this TV series would ever be my cup of tea, it doesn't hold back on the amount of blood and gore, sex scenes, or torture. Surprisingly, three seasons down the line, I'm well and truly hooked. It's nothing like your Edward and Bella romance; maybe it's just as intense and sloppy, but surrounding them is an increase in murders, kidnappings, and an ever growing variety of creatures appearing in little Louisiana.

The series follows the story of Sookie Stackhouse (played none other than Anna Paquin - Rogue in X Men) who lives with her brother Jason and who works in your regular family restaurant owned by Sam Merlotte. The restaurant contains most of the main characters, what with it being a small town, but this makes it easy to keep up with all of them. Then there are the vampires, mainly Bill Compton, who Sookie falls in love with, but they're not all 'good'. You'll meet Eric Northman, and Lafayette Reynolds, who deals out vampire blood. Characters come and go, mostly the really naughty ones, and it usually takes a whole season to explain who or what one character is, making it that much more gripping. Some characters have their own powers, making the humans more likeable, however you won't find out what Sookie's is til season three!

Season three has pleasantly introduced werewolves, and about time really. It's a lot darker, gorier, and you can begin to see the split between the vampires, as some take the humans' side and others such as Russell Edgington (The vamp king of Mississippi) who want to kill off the human race. So if your a Twilight fan but would appreciate a real fight between fang and fur, then get your teeth stuck into True Blood. What's not to like, especially when all the characters are appealing to look at!
  95. Sep 9, 2010
    definitely my cup of red zinger tea. Funny smart, sexy... I cant wait for summer to come back, and I will miss my true blood during the long winter ahead
  96. Dec 5, 2010
    I absolutely hated the first three episodes but after getting passed that it's a decent show. I find the script to be somewhat cheesy at parts. And the characters can be somewhat annoying and unlikable.
  97. Jan 3, 2011
    Having just watched Season 1 and Season 2 feel let down. I am a big fan of the books and can't understand why the series homes in on lots of cheap 'out of work and can't act extras' who have only experience in porn. The stories are great and the series has potential because the main characters work well but the shows potential is brought down to tacky because of it's constant use ofHaving just watched Season 1 and Season 2 feel let down. I am a big fan of the books and can't understand why the series homes in on lots of cheap 'out of work and can't act extras' who have only experience in porn. The stories are great and the series has potential because the main characters work well but the shows potential is brought down to tacky because of it's constant use of useless characters that aren't sexy but offensive. The directors must have their hands down their pants constantly because instead of focusing of the main events of the story; love, hate, deceit, greed and such an eventful imagination from Charlaine Harris they murder it literally. Are they secret Stephanie Meyer fans and want to see the show end? O.K. we know she's the other extreme and she ripped off Charlaine Harris's ideas but still. If you want to make porn, make porn. Don't mess around with great story lines and kill them. Expand
  98. May 7, 2011
    I love this show ! An adult version of vampire show yummy ! very good story line and love the humor with the gore and the plot very well played hope to see more !
  99. Jun 27, 2011
    I am really entertained with this show, I watched four episodes, and got hooked. I found to enjoy all of the characters and loved the drama/suspense!
  100. Jul 1, 2011
    new episode of true blood

watch here - http://new-tvseries.blogspot.com/search/label/True%20Blood
    watch here - http://new-tvseries.blogspot.com/search/label/True%20Blood

1. I'd say that the author is more vivid, subtle, and funny in her portrayal of Southern life; I'll be surprised if her fans aren't disappointed by this adaptation. The best thing about Ball's shows is their opening credits.
  2. Vampire fantasy, murder mystery, star-crossed love story, political satire, True Blood is all and none of the above. Not quite funny, not quite scary, not quite thought-provoking, the show's attempt to question the roots of prejudice is continually undermined by its own stereotyping.
  3. The core characters, including Sookie's best friend Tara (Rutina Wesley), Sookie's brother Jason (Ryan Kwanten) and bartender Sam (Sam Trammell), who has a thing for Sookie, all have interesting features and are well-played. The rest of the locals don't come off so well, mostly having few brains and a big shortage of couth.