• Network: TNT
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 26, 2009
7.5

1. PeachesCream
    Feb 17, 2009
    This feels like a show written by ad guys. Not by guys who know how to write long format. There's no reason for me to connect with these characters either, where as in Mad Men, the characters deal with universal truths and struggles. Mad Men is less about advertising and more about the psychology of a man/men and woman/women in the late '50's - early '60's. I hate This feels like a show written by ad guys. Not by guys who know how to write long format. There's no reason for me to connect with these characters either, where as in Mad Men, the characters deal with universal truths and struggles. Mad Men is less about advertising and more about the psychology of a man/men and woman/women in the late '50's - early '60's. I hate the characters in Trust Me because there's nothing real about them. Even jerks have something inside that makes them that way. These guys are just acting. And maybe the one thing we hate worse than ad guys are actors pretending to be be ad guys and not coming across as believable. Expand
  2. DennisD.
    Feb 3, 2009
    Drama? Comedy? Maybe the show will get better when they decide which they're doing. Right now, it's lean on plot to be a drama
  3. MelW
    Mar 1, 2009
    There was nothing positive about this show. It was long and drawn out.

As it is, Trust Me, which perks along energetically but lacks emotional heft, may be one of those shows that stacks up on my TiVo, along with other shows I don’t get around to viewing.
  2. Mainly, underneath the sitcom setups and witty banter, this show moves to the pulse of the ad game. The mystique and power of raw ideas push this story as surely as they push the characters of "Mad Men."
    The series isn't bad. It just isn't all that good.