Twenty Good Years : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 11, 2006
5.9

1. DavidP
    Oct 12, 2006
    I did not watch more than five minutes. I couldn't. Tired jokes and a laugh track that laughs at EVERYTHING. Unfortunately I was really looking forward to it - both stars are fantastic, but this show blows.
  2. UlfB
    Oct 12, 2006
    Truly one of the least funny, least interesting, least enjoyable 15 minutes of television I've ever suffered through. Luckly, I found my remote after exhaustive searching and was able to change the channel.
  3. AriM
    Nov 6, 2006
    I gave this a 0 instead of a 1 because it has two such great talents that are horribly wasted. It makes me sad that the fact they are doing this show means they're not out there doing something that might actually be entertaining. I had high hopes for two of my favorite television actors. Five minutes in, they were dashed. I still watched it for one more episode to give it a chance. Gag.
    Oct 18, 2006
    Most predictable sitcom in ages. Nothing new comes out of this show and the laugh track makes me feel like an idiot.
  5. MarkS
    Oct 18, 2006
    A terrible shame that this show is so bad because both of the stars are excellent and are very well cast. They put in the best they can, but the material itself is so unbelievably weak that it doesn't even matter. In the hands of a better writing staff and perhaps with a better premise this show could be fabulous, but at present I could barely tolerate a full episode. Quite tragic as A terrible shame that this show is so bad because both of the stars are excellent and are very well cast. They put in the best they can, but the material itself is so unbelievably weak that it doesn't even matter. In the hands of a better writing staff and perhaps with a better premise this show could be fabulous, but at present I could barely tolerate a full episode. Quite tragic as I'd actually been looking forward to it. Expand
  6. billyb
    Feb 10, 2007
    When watching this show, I just sat there waiting for a punch line that never came.
  7. KarenH
    Oct 11, 2006
    I am hard pressed to think of a show with this much talent that's this bad. We could only stomach 15 minutes. The only thing worse was the show that preceded it, 30 Rock. Actually, we're not even in agreement with that. They're both equally bad. We won't watch EITHER again. UGHGUGH!!!
  8. C.Cotton
    Oct 11, 2006
    Huh... why did NBC even put this show on the schedule?
  9. elwoodd
    overacted overshouted overlaughtracked underwritten
  10. BrandonS
    Oct 14, 2006
    What a disaster. Paired with 30 Rock, this is the least funny hour on television (and that's counting dramas).
  11. CarlosMencia
    Oct 18, 2006
    This show is so bad. And I mean "Family Guy" bad. Seth MacFarlane had to have something to do with this. Nothing is this bad without the MacFarlane seal of approval.
  12. BillC.
    Oct 19, 2006
    Just Awful. Two fine actors...how'd they ever choose to do this? This is a resume' killer!
  13. HolH
    Nov 15, 2006
    Just awful. Really really awful.

I will be rooting for this series to improve, but not watching it.
    Despite Lithgow and Tambor's capabilities, the series sags badly amid the moldy excesses of generic, over-the-top slapstick.
  3. A perfectly serviceable but utterly forgettable sitcom.