Twin Peaks : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3
9.3

1. May 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've decided to watch it after constantly hearing Twin Peaks this and that for a long time.
    I am not a fan of television series. The only ones that I appreciate that are not comedy are Sopranos first 2-3 seasons, Game of Thrones first 2 seasons (haven't seen more), Firefly and House MD. That is all.

After all the praise I've been hearing I was expecting to be entertained the reason why I watch TV. The first one or two episodes did well enough job of creating a setting of small town with a violent death. Nothing out of the ordinary. Then as TV always does we get sidetracked into lives of ten or so characters around town and follow some boring love stories and not so exciting criminal business schemes. Not great but watchable.
    However when FBI agent viewers only link to the actual main plot of the series starts solving crimes through dreams I've lost all interest as it was no longer possible to enjoy the thrill of trying to solve murder as viewer as clearly the devil did it or anything else trivial that the writers came up with. I've made myself finish watching all of season one but by the second episode of season two when they wove alien plot into dream world of FBI agent. I've had enough.

Dont get me wrong I do not mind twisted stories with aliens and spiritual world. I just could not enjoy it in the setting of Twin Peaks. For example some of xfiles were entertaining.
  2. Dec 21, 2016
    Complete waste of time like pretty much everything Lynch makes. Bunch of **** inbreeds walking around trying to solve scoobydoo-esque mysteries. nope
  3. May 17, 2017
    I tried to enjoy this. I mean I really did. I know it is quirky and different, but it annoys me. I enjoyed some of the humor but frankly the acting leaves a lot to be desired. The music annoying and repetitious, becomes more like nails on a chalk board. The soap opera twist reminds me of why I do not watch them. I don't find the story line smart. It does not engage my brain . I justI tried to enjoy this. I mean I really did. I know it is quirky and different, but it annoys me. I enjoyed some of the humor but frankly the acting leaves a lot to be desired. The music annoying and repetitious, becomes more like nails on a chalk board. The soap opera twist reminds me of why I do not watch them. I don't find the story line smart. It does not engage my brain . I just can not make myself power through even one more episode. I can not find a character that deserves my respect, acting that is impressive or a story line that does not seem drug induced. Enjoy to the masses, as for me, not worth my time. Expand

1. Newsday
    Reviewed by: Marvin Kitman
    Jul 12, 2013
    It's stunning for a TV mystery. It's actually mysterious. The mood, the characters, the surreal quality of how the story is told, are something different. It has a slow hypnotic movement, a style like a boxer in slo-mo. It hit me with tremendous energy and made me abandon despair at the state of TV mysteries. [5 Apr 1990]
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Zoglin
    Jul 2, 2013
    Twin Peaks ... is like nothing you've seen in prime time -- or on God's earth. It may be the most hauntingly original work ever done for American TV.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jun 7, 2013
    How pleasurable it is to really care about a TV series, to the point of (national) obsession.