Twin Peaks : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3
9.3

1. Jul 23, 2017
    An easy 10 for me. What a world to be invested in! Concepts that absolutely make you question everything and everyone. Original two season were brilliant, with the third shaping up to be a fantastic end to this historic series! This show is of remarkable quality.
  2. Jul 21, 2017
    The only reason that I love cinema and tv series is David Lynch's work..he is my favorite director of all time..I watched his movies many many times but I can't get enough od it..and after inland empires niw I can watch this
  3. Jul 17, 2017
    When i was a kid, I always heard how great of a show this was, I didn't like it then. I thought, maybe it's a bit too adult for me. I watched the movie when it got onto HBO. It was awful, I believe most people thought the same. Twin Peaks returned and with it came a lot of hype. So, I decided to give it a try. It seems worse NOW then it did when i was a kid. The acting is terrible. TheWhen i was a kid, I always heard how great of a show this was, I didn't like it then. I thought, maybe it's a bit too adult for me. I watched the movie when it got onto HBO. It was awful, I believe most people thought the same. Twin Peaks returned and with it came a lot of hype. So, I decided to give it a try. It seems worse NOW then it did when i was a kid. The acting is terrible. The music is terrible. The dialog is awful. David Lynch is overrated. I appreciate the fact he inspires other artists. But, I've never really enjoyed his work. I do believe not every question should be answered in a series or a movie, but leaving so many things open to interpretation isn't avant-garde, it's laziness. Expand
  4. May 17, 2017
    I tried to enjoy this. I mean I really did. I know it is quirky and different, but it annoys me. I enjoyed some of the humor but frankly the acting leaves a lot to be desired. The music annoying and repetitious, becomes more like nails on a chalk board. The soap opera twist reminds me of why I do not watch them. I don't find the story line smart. It does not engage my brain . I justI tried to enjoy this. I mean I really did. I know it is quirky and different, but it annoys me. I enjoyed some of the humor but frankly the acting leaves a lot to be desired. The music annoying and repetitious, becomes more like nails on a chalk board. The soap opera twist reminds me of why I do not watch them. I don't find the story line smart. It does not engage my brain . I just can not make myself power through even one more episode. I can not find a character that deserves my respect, acting that is impressive or a story line that does not seem drug induced. Enjoy to the masses, as for me, not worth my time. Expand
  5. Jan 16, 2017
    On retrouve dans cette série un certain nombre de tics des films de David Lynch, ses obsessions du bizarre et de la folie et le fait que tous les personnages de Twin Peaks soient -tous- cinglés (à des degrés divers) n'est décidément pas pour déplaire. A cet égard, la première saison est assez réussie, puis la seconde qui n'en finit plus de s'étirer et de se tordre dans tous les sens aOn retrouve dans cette série un certain nombre de tics des films de David Lynch, ses obsessions du bizarre et de la folie et le fait que tous les personnages de Twin Peaks soient -tous- cinglés (à des degrés divers) n'est décidément pas pour déplaire. A cet égard, la première saison est assez réussie, puis la seconde qui n'en finit plus de s'étirer et de se tordre dans tous les sens a raison de notre patience.

Il faut dire que contrairement à un film, nous voilà embarqués pour des plombes et des plombes dans un enchevêtrement de complots et de cabales à dormir debout entre les nombreux protagonistes de ce patelin de péquenots. On se fait promener d'épisode en épisode et de rebondissement en rebondissement, on se laisse embrouiller volontiers... mais au bout d'un temps, une lassitude irrémédiable s'installe. Et ce n'est pas la fin qui nous contentera, bien au contraire : mais qui a tué machine au fait ?...

Drolatique à ses débuts, Twin Peaks finit donc par nous les briser, car sous la folie de Lynch (et de Frost), sous les excentricités se cache une structure trop faiblarde pour tenir sur une telle distance. Si les actrices sont ravissantes, si les acteurs sont brillants dans leur non-sens, le jeu de piste interminable nous gave considérablement.

Alors, nous laissons les fous à eux-mêmes et refermons les grilles de l'asile.
  6. Dec 21, 2016
    Complete waste of time like pretty much everything Lynch makes. Bunch of **** inbreeds walking around trying to solve scoobydoo-esque mysteries. nope
  7. May 30, 2016
    I just saw the first and second seasons. They are a surreal masterpiece. I hope the new episodes (third and fourth seasons) keep the same spectacular quality. It is like a great wine you drink and enjoy it`s nuances. We deserve more and more of the great job Lynch and Frost have made. This series made me feel as satisfied as when I watch Bunuel`s movies.
  8. May 3, 2016
    Twin Peaks is amazing television. It is hard to even describe what makes it so good. If you like the current tv series Fargo, you will love Twin Peaks.
  9. Nov 15, 2015
    Twin Peaks was a milestone in television history. David Lynch's attempt to reach mainstream audiences through another medium was one full of heart and determination. He brought to life some of the most quotable and quirky characters, explored truly nightmarish themes, and provided an undertone of comic relief unmatched to this day.
  10. Jul 25, 2015
    I enjoyed season one as it was quite suspenseful and the use of the supernatural element added to the equation. Then season two came along and one would swear the writers started using crack at some point during the break -- which surely was the main reason for the series demise. Also, the music is abominable and there is plenty of suspect acting.

I'd recommend watching - the first

I'd recommend watching - the first season at least - for anyone who enjoys these two genres.
  11. Jul 12, 2015
  12. Mar 30, 2015
  13. Aug 17, 2014
  14. Jul 29, 2014
  15. Jul 6, 2014
  16. Apr 13, 2014
    One of the best TV shows ever made. It has it all, imagination, intrigue, drama, incredible characters, amazing performances, masterful directing and an utterly unpredictable storyline.
  17. Dec 23, 2013
    When TV Surmounts Pop Culture Constraints & Is Willing To Invest In High Risk "Products" then Twin Peaks was produced and broadcasted (no other words)(no other words)(no other words)(no other words)(no other words)(no other words)(no other words)(no other words)
  18. Nov 27, 2013
    A little skeptical at first, this show turned out to be one of the most entertaining I've seen. while difficult at first to tell some characters apart (i.e. Donna and Audrey) the show has a wonderful cast, and each character has very particular small traits of their own. it seems almost as if every episode has some sort of twist or some major character development. the only real downsideA little skeptical at first, this show turned out to be one of the most entertaining I've seen. while difficult at first to tell some characters apart (i.e. Donna and Audrey) the show has a wonderful cast, and each character has very particular small traits of their own. it seems almost as if every episode has some sort of twist or some major character development. the only real downside is that this show was cancelled way before it should have been. Expand
  19. May 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've decided to watch it after constantly hearing Twin Peaks this and that for a long time.
    I am not a fan of television series. The only ones that I appreciate that are not comedy are Sopranos first 2-3 seasons, Game of Thrones first 2 seasons (haven't seen more), Firefly and House MD. That is all.

After all the praise I've been hearing I was expecting to be entertained the reason why I watch TV. The first one or two episodes did well enough job of creating a setting of small town with a violent death. Nothing out of the ordinary. Then as TV always does we get sidetracked into lives of ten or so characters around town and follow some boring love stories and not so exciting criminal business schemes. Not great but watchable.
    However when FBI agent viewers only link to the actual main plot of the series starts solving crimes through dreams I've lost all interest as it was no longer possible to enjoy the thrill of trying to solve murder as viewer as clearly the devil did it or anything else trivial that the writers came up with. I've made myself finish watching all of season one but by the second episode of season two when they wove alien plot into dream world of FBI agent. I've had enough.

Dont get me wrong I do not mind twisted stories with aliens and spiritual world. I just could not enjoy it in the setting of Twin Peaks. For example some of xfiles were entertaining.
  20. Apr 28, 2013
    Awesome, fascinating, magical, absurd, profound, haunting, comical, charming, emotional, poetic, dark, atmospheric, gripping, confusing, rewarding, timeless.
  21. Jan 13, 2013
    If you are looking for art in such a corrupted place like television, David Lynch's masterwork is your answer.
    I for one, have seen at least four times for full, without considering scenes that are stuck in my head and keep playing for the fist time I saw them. And remember, "The owls are not what they seem".
  22. Apr 25, 2012
    I have never seen a show like this before its truly original and baffling. The idilic backdrop of twin peaks is upset by a murder of a young girl and a detective from out of town comes to investigate the town and it inhabitants. The acting is amazing and terrible but it just adds to the character of the of this show. When you start the show you are transported away to a town whereI have never seen a show like this before its truly original and baffling. The idilic backdrop of twin peaks is upset by a murder of a young girl and a detective from out of town comes to investigate the town and it inhabitants. The acting is amazing and terrible but it just adds to the character of the of this show. When you start the show you are transported away to a town where anything seems possible. I am surprised this does not have a greater following as it is a truly iconic show with create characters and amazing lines.... who is that?

oh that's log lady
  23. j30
    Jan 24, 2012
    One of the best pilots/seasons I've seen in a long time, just a great TV show. It's too bad ABC ruined the second half of the second season. The show nearly rebounds near the end of the second season, but it just doesn't live up to the first season and a half. What could have been the best TV show ever, instead settles as one of those "what could have been" types of shows.
  24. Jul 18, 2011
    To be completely honest, I could not tell you why I like this show. I'm watching it currently (2011) mind you. But it surely does have me wrapped around it's finger. Bizarre to the max yet believable all at once. I dig.
  25. Dec 29, 2010
    The most perfect television show ever produced. To even attempt putting it into words would be a disservice to David Lynch et al. If you have not seen Twin Peaks, do what you can to borrow/rent/buy it.
  26. Oct 23, 2010
    It's difficult to review season 1 without thinking of all of the badness that was season 2.....but just thinking about that first season, it's difficult to find a fault. The characters are well thought out and well acted, the script is good (with some fine one-liners), and the soundtrack is particularly fine, but it's the over-arching weirdness that sets Twin Peaks apart from the rest.It's difficult to review season 1 without thinking of all of the badness that was season 2.....but just thinking about that first season, it's difficult to find a fault. The characters are well thought out and well acted, the script is good (with some fine one-liners), and the soundtrack is particularly fine, but it's the over-arching weirdness that sets Twin Peaks apart from the rest. Really strange, but in a good way. Expand
  27. Oct 10, 2010
    This is a really well made TV programme in more ways than one. The characters are brilliant, and you really feel for them. The story is also really good and Special Agent Dale Cooper, Kyle MacLachlan, is one of my favourite characters in any tv programme. The only criticism I have is the ending of season two- the biggest cliffhanger ever. I just wish that they had made a third season. ItThis is a really well made TV programme in more ways than one. The characters are brilliant, and you really feel for them. The story is also really good and Special Agent Dale Cooper, Kyle MacLachlan, is one of my favourite characters in any tv programme. The only criticism I have is the ending of season two- the biggest cliffhanger ever. I just wish that they had made a third season. It is a shame that it is relatively unknown- do it justice and watch it, you wont regret it. Expand

1. Newsday
    Reviewed by: Marvin Kitman
    Jul 12, 2013
    It's stunning for a TV mystery. It's actually mysterious. The mood, the characters, the surreal quality of how the story is told, are something different. It has a slow hypnotic movement, a style like a boxer in slo-mo. It hit me with tremendous energy and made me abandon despair at the state of TV mysteries. [5 Apr 1990]
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Zoglin
    Jul 2, 2013
    Twin Peaks ... is like nothing you've seen in prime time -- or on God's earth. It may be the most hauntingly original work ever done for American TV.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jun 7, 2013
    How pleasurable it is to really care about a TV series, to the point of (national) obsession.