• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2003
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12
6.5

1. Aug 4, 2014
    Two and a half men was once the golden boy of comedy then Ashton Kutcher came along and the writing became bad after he came it can be funny once in awhile but all the jokes are sex related and every episode is the same
  2. Jul 21, 2014
    Nota para los que critican la serie: iros a ver otra cosa. La serie es excelente, pero aun así aquí estamos valorando la primera temporada, así que las críticas hacerca de cosas de la temporada 9 sobran totalmente. La temporada 1 no es la mejor de la serie, pero ya desde ahí nos cautivaron sus personajes: Alan, ese fracasado de la vida tan gorrón con su hermano, Jake, ese adorable e ingenuo chaval (donde mas brilla es en las temporadas 1-6) y Charlie, ese gran personaje, el eterno ligón. Simplemente el mejor personaje de la serie. Los secundarios también son brillantes, desde la madre hasta Berta. Una serie sublime, a mi siempre me ha gustado, pero eso, si no te gustan las bromas sobre el sexo ni los piques entre hermanos pues vete a ver Glee, a ver si es lo suficientemente dulce y bonachona para ti... Expand
  3. May 15, 2014
    Charlie Sheen, basically playing a fictional version of himself, is a rich playboy living alone in his Malibu beach house when his uptight and soon to be divorced brother Alan (John Cryer), as well as his ten year old son (Angus T. Jones), come to stay with him.

The shows central premise revolves around Alan's ongoing jealousy of his older brother as Charlie seems to be with a different
    beautiful woman every night while he continues to struggle with little or no success in anything he does. From this concept Two and a Half Men manages to initially produce some fairly funny episodes and Alan's son Jake, despite a lack of acting skills on the part of Jones, certainly has some funny lines. However by the time you have watched half a dozen episodes the formula already begins to become a little stale. Each episode varies very little as Charlie’s women come and go and Alan continues to stay in his brothers shadow. By the end of the season I found myself groaning more often than I found myself laughing.

Despite its huge popularity, both in the US and the UK, there have been far more intelligent (and funny) comedy series in recent years. Shows like Community, Arrested Development, The Office (UK version) and Peep Show are far more worthy of peoples time and I would recommend any number of them over such a one-note sitcom.
  4. May 12, 2014
    Two and a Half Men has been through rough changes, but still manages to entertain, the show so far has lasted eleven seasons, and to myself I hope it continues for more years to come
  5. Apr 18, 2014
    Wow, is what I thought when I first saw this, this show had me in stitches then & still does now, it's what I go to when the Ashton Kutcher episodes are on TV, on a complete rewatch of the whole series, I found that every episode had me in hysterics at some point or another, this series sets the foundations for a show that would be funny & successful for a long, long time, 8 years to be precise!
  6. Apr 11, 2014
    Two and a half men is great, i honestly sleep to it. yeah its soppy and typical but its just one of them things you need to watch. after season 1 you get to know the characters and it actually because good. im a huge fan of this and i know it definatley isnt for everyone but give it a try. FYI Ashton Kutcher sucks at this role and charlie sheen should never of gone, its never the same. watch the first nine seasons. i have them all downloaded so i can give you them (legally) Expand
  7. Mar 19, 2014
    charlie sheen is overated and a maisogynous . i liked charlie in scary movie 3 . but this is stupid show i liked charlie in anger managment but one of the disapointing shows i seen .
  8. Jan 2, 2014
    Have not seen an episode yet which created a laugh once or even gave me a smirk. Highly unintelligent and moronic, Two and a Half men is a unfunny sitcom that makes you wonder the taste of television in our society.....
  9. Aug 24, 2013
    It's a show that is funny, but doesn't exactly always fit the bill. Especially now that Ashton Kutcher is taking over, it's just not the same. It's really just a show with just great laughs. There's no good story behind it and no true emotion to the characters. Overall, it's only big advantage is that it's actually funny.
  10. Jul 22, 2013
    For every funny episode, there's 3 or 4 crappy ones.
    It's simple, no matter who is at the helm, Charlie Sheen, or Ashton kutcher, this show will always suck.
    I saw the first episode with Ashton, THEY MADE JOKES AT A FUNERAL! A FREAKING FUNERAL!
    HOW SHALLOW IS THAT?
  11. Jul 9, 2013
    This television series would have been promising initially. Why wouldn't it? Charlie Sheen, an icon of satirical comedy, is going to star as a bachelor with considerable amounts of cosh who lives with his brother. How could that go wrong? This is how it could go wrong. The writing of this series is rather not-very-good, and the acting of most, if not all, of the regular, guest and supporting cast is much the same. This is another of those laugh-track programs, where some of the jokes are SO bad that no sensible person would actually be laughing at them. In this series, that is most of the jokes. This series has deteriorated in quality in recent years, though the first series has remained the best. That's not to say, of course, that it is any good. Expand
  12. Jun 18, 2013
    Surprisingly I prefer this without Charlie After a few episodes i fell in love with jake and his simple but funny lines that were golden oh chuck what have you done Now it's Big Bang which is just....ummmm......well I'd prefer not to rant but I love Alan and walden its a golden script top class acting and just a pure beauty chuck Lorre should've just done this and not started the Big Bang
  13. Jun 13, 2013
    "Two and a Half Men" can be sometimes fun to watch, boring to watch, or not interested at all. My mood changes there and then about the show. Some of the episodes are funny,or horrible.
    Don't get me wrong "Two and a Half Men" can give you big great laughs. My problem about this show is that its basically the same thing in every episode. Charlie meets a girl they have sex. Alan still has
    problems about getting divorce with Judth and he finds a women he likes but doesn't turn out well. My other problem is that you really care what happens in the next episode its the same sh*t every time! It sometimes lacks of humor which gets kinda annoying! overall its an alright show 6.9 out of 10 Expand
  14. May 21, 2013
    THE MOST OVERRATED SHOW FOLLOWED BY THE SAME NETWORKS ANOTHER HIGHLY POPULAR SHOW HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER..... I FEEL LIKE KILLING MYSELF AFTER WATCHING THESE TWO SHOWS. THEY ARE HIGHLY ANNOYING & ABSOLUTELY BORING....
  15. Apr 26, 2013
    Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Apr 26, 2013
    With charlie sheen that series are so amazing. Creative jokes, so much fun every episode. So sad that moment have gone and lost all that feeling. Sheen, come back, please.
  17. Mar 20, 2013
    Bland and generic characters, story lines, and humor. Occasionally funny, but much of the material is trite and uninspired. It's disappointing; not because it ever had the potential to be a good show, but because it shows the the formula for success can be nothing more than mediocrity.
  18. Jan 29, 2013
    Honestly, I'm usually a fan of comedy shows, but this one doesn't do it for me. Lame and tasteless. I'd rather just watch Community or Big Bang Theory.
  19. Nov 29, 2012
    Trash. I have nothing nice to say. I feel sorry for John Cryer to be stuck in this mediocre, horrible, dated sitcom. I can't believe that this show was produced, let alone that it is so popular.
  20. Sep 22, 2012
    This show is great, with or without Charlie Sheen. I have watched the 9 seasons over and over i just love it ! The jokes are funny but sometimes a litlle vulgaire, its awesome.
  21. Jun 5, 2012
    Definitely one of the best comedy series ever. The humor is unbelievable! Unfortunately sometimes the story can be really lame and implausible. I really got tired of Rose jumping off balcony and Charlie getting laid in each episode :D With Ashton Kutcher it's not the same, but still has its moments.
  22. Apr 11, 2012
    i love this show up to point when they kick off charlie sheen show prove to be not so funny as it was before.

it still make me laugh when ashton took over but i want to see charlie sheen to return to this show even still
  23. Feb 17, 2012
    Do your remember watching a comedy show from the early 60's when you were younger thinking hwo funny it was then watching it years later as an adult and thinking it wasn't that funny? That's this show, except I didn't wait from childhood to adult to realize it. Laugh tracks come every few seconds to encourage the giggles so it is forced.
  24. Dec 14, 2011
    I must admit it: the serie is just plain nasty fun. There's no doubt of why is one of the most watched series in all the time. Just enterteining. I like more the season with Ashton Kutcher, I like it more than Charlie Sheen.
  25. Sep 8, 2011
    A very omegalomaniac tv show, centred in the life of charlie, only him. with no plot and good stories. they tried to copy the old tv shows, but, as we can see they couldn't
  26. Jul 1, 2011
    This show defines generic. Generic characters, generic story lines, generic humor. Nothing stands out to make this show original or even likable. It is often lazy, lacking the ambition to try something new or mix up the formula. This isn't a show you hate or love as everything is just so plain and typical that it is hard to create emotion either way. Mediocre.
  27. Apr 28, 2011
    When watching this show I feel as if though the cynical aspect of society and modern debauchery is crawling up my nostrils with the express intent of suffocating my brain. "Men" the introduction score sings insinuating that the behavior of the characters herein reflect some part of the human condition, and the funny about that is entirely lost on me. Yes Alan is the loser and between him and Charlie with his dry wit and chauvinistic attitudes the banter sometimes sparks a laugh. But in essence this is a show entirely built around the idea that the exploration of character flaws make for perfect comedy, fortunately it doesn't work, at all. Expand
  28. Feb 4, 2011
    It's alright. Sometimes the story lacks BUT the humour is unbelievable which saves this comedy.
  29. Jan 20, 2011
    One of the worst shows on tv.Its not funny and the laugh track is really annoying.Shows like this getting HUGE ratings makes me sad.
  30. Jan 11, 2011
    most overrated, suck ass show out there. same formula for like 7 years, charlie sheen who looks like horse has casual sex with hot women, alan's a little **** the kid makes some lame mark that makes the audience say 'i can't believe he said that he's just a kid'...theres no jokes here they just play off there stupid little situations, damn this show sucks
  31. Jan 1, 2011
    The worst show on TV. Really really really lame and moronic. Not funny in any way unless you are one of these people that laugh when they hear a laugh track. In that case, watch on moron. Otherwise, avoid this show at all costs. I do find this show is a good indicator of peoples taste in TV, music, movies, and comedy. If they like this show you can be 100% confident that their opinion of entertainment in general is utterly worthless. Expand
  32. Dec 18, 2010
    Simply the worst show that I've ever seen in my entire life. I cannot even begin to describe how bad the comedy style of this show is. It's never even manged to make me laugh once.
  33. Nov 13, 2010
    Without doubt, Two and a Half Men is the funniest show on television, with stunning performances from Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer. The show only gets better and better...
  34. Nov 9, 2010
    Without question one of the funniest, well written and acted shows on TV. Must See! I had thought with Jake growing into a teen it would be wise to write him out. But he has grown on me as he tries to weave his way thru this complicated world avoiding being his father and trying to be more like Uncle Charly. The others in this ensemble cast are just too funny.
  35. Nov 4, 2010
    Fascinating, humorous entertaining and very well-acted, Two and A Half men proves to be a unique comedy that combines several elements, that include emotional dilemmas that are cleverly turned upside down to create deeply enjoyable laughter, sometimes delivering obscure moments that we hate ourselves for laughing. Jake's growth and learning suit the greatest writing and keep the show as an ongoing process in which anything can happen! Expand
  36. Aug 14, 2010
    Two and a Half Men, while funnier than some shows like Family Guy and South Park, is not near as funny as some other shows like How I Met Your Mother and even Scrubs. Each episode is full of the same old stuff, Charlie somehow getting laid, Jake doing some random stuff and Alan just standing there like an idiot. The laugh tracks occur literally every 2 seconds and just does not make the show believable at all. Expand

1. Jun 28, 2013
    If you prize originality, this new series will underwhelm you. ... What's surprising is the goodly number of laughs it does offer.
  2. Reviewed by: Gillian Flynn
    Jun 17, 2013
    'Two and a Half''s setup ain't edgy, but its humor is a tad more genial -- brotherly ribbing as opposed to bad-tempered potshots. Its one nasty spot revolves around, unsurprisingly, women.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Apr 2, 2013
    Can someone please wake up Charlie Sheen? I know he's tried to build an entire career, Dean Martin-style, on half-lidded apathy, but as one-third of the new CBS sitcom Two and a Half Men, he's practically comatose. [22 Sept 2003, p.T35]