Ugly Betty : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 28, 2006
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.3

1. Sep 29, 2011
    i only like this series because is originally colombian, viva colombia hpta
  2. Mike
    Sep 26, 2006
    Ugly Betty is Awsome. I love this show finally an ABC show where the main charcter is likeable. Susan and Merideth are not likeable at all. America Ferrera deserves an emmy nomination but the win should go to Marcia Cross this year.
  3. MikeG
    Sep 26, 2006
    I`ve had the oportunity to watch the pilot and I´ve seen the first 6 minutes of the 2nd episode, and i got to say that i found it really fresh and well build, I hope the nest episodes get as great as the first one. Can´t wait to see it on thursday.
  4. JayB
    Lovely new show!
  5. MariaH
    Sep 27, 2006
    I saw the previous and I think this program will be a hit!!
  6. CarlinhosB
    Sep 27, 2006
    Oh my god, I jsut watched the pilot, and I LOVED IT, all I can say is that this will become a hit. It's already the best reviewed new show. Just funny, I can't describe it.
  7. LuisG
    Sep 28, 2006
    well i have to say america ferrera is a frontrunner for my new fav. show UGLY BETTY plays likes its precedessor yo soy betty la fea quite well ... charming , lively and very grounded with the fact that ugly is the new beutifull... the rest of the case needs some work a lil bit to way over the top for me... i will wait for next weeks episode anxiously... a def. winner...
  8. CarlW
    Sep 28, 2006
    Every new season too many shows claim to be great, grounbreaking, and must see. Usually what we see is the same old crap. Not so with Ugly Betty. This show may be derivative, (think Desparate Housewives, Bridget Jones, and The Devil Wears Prada all blended together), but at least it's influenced by good stuff and probably the most entertaining of all the new shows so far. Extra Every new season too many shows claim to be great, grounbreaking, and must see. Usually what we see is the same old crap. Not so with Ugly Betty. This show may be derivative, (think Desparate Housewives, Bridget Jones, and The Devil Wears Prada all blended together), but at least it's influenced by good stuff and probably the most entertaining of all the new shows so far. Extra points for an ethnicly diverse cast. I hope America Ferrera get the praise she deserves. Collapse
  9. AnabelG
    Sep 28, 2006
    excellent so funny its sweet
  10. MarcD.
    Sep 29, 2006
    Loved it! It was pretty darned similar to "The Devil Wears Prada", but I think it's more authentic because Anne Hathaway was never all that frumpy before her big "makeover." Betty is an awesome lead character, and I think Eric Mabius as her boss finally has a role which will allow him to shine. Perhaps Gina Gershon is a little over the top, but the rest of the cast is great. Loved it! It was pretty darned similar to "The Devil Wears Prada", but I think it's more authentic because Anne Hathaway was never all that frumpy before her big "makeover." Betty is an awesome lead character, and I think Eric Mabius as her boss finally has a role which will allow him to shine. Perhaps Gina Gershon is a little over the top, but the rest of the cast is great. Didn't think I'd like this show, but I was wrong big time. So far, it's my favorite new show of the season. Expand
  11. Brianne
    Sep 29, 2006
    Finally! A show that the common person can relate to.
  12. ValentinC
    Sep 29, 2006
    Finally, a comedy with heart and hope. I just hope they would make Betty more secure and more confident and not much of that fake clumpsiness.
  13. RulG
    Sep 29, 2006
    Its been a long time since ABC has had a show as funny and with a good script, as Ugly Betty. I have seen the original columbian version and enjoyed it very much. I love the way it has been Americanized to fit our society. I believe many americans and many viewing audiences will tune in each weak and will find within themselves many charecteristics that many lack in our society, love, Its been a long time since ABC has had a show as funny and with a good script, as Ugly Betty. I have seen the original columbian version and enjoyed it very much. I love the way it has been Americanized to fit our society. I believe many americans and many viewing audiences will tune in each weak and will find within themselves many charecteristics that many lack in our society, love, compassion, humility and forgiveness. All I have to say is for the other networks, "watch out", because ABC is back! Expand
  14. DarioB
    Excellent
  15. MarioC
    Sep 29, 2006
    I like it a lot. Watch it !!!
  16. LilyA
    Sep 29, 2006
    Its so funny!!! I loved it!!
  17. JanieD
    Sep 29, 2006
    Loved it!!! Funny. Laugh through out the show.
  18. jackw
    Sep 29, 2006
    the best show this season, very funny and wonderful, I am definitely a fan
  19. christined
    Sep 30, 2006
    Refreshing and funny.. tired of reality and cop shows... Betty is an underdog with a brain worth hooting for!!
  20. G.Orozco
    Sep 30, 2006
    Excellent, very funy and very weel done'
  21. JoeB
    Sep 30, 2006
    The BEST new show of the season.
  22. JoeP
    Enjoyed it. Great.
  23. Barbara
    Sep 30, 2006
    Very touching and very funny at the same time--geat fun watching it !!!
  24. JoeB
    Oct 1, 2006
    The BEST new show of the season.
  25. BoomieS
    Oct 2, 2006
    The best new show on television, hands down.
  26. MaigualidaD
    Oct 3, 2006
    I think its really giid..and funny!
  27. RobertM
    Oct 4, 2006
    Having seen the first episode, I have to say that this will one reason to stay home on Thursday night. This show is definitely a keeper!
  28. LaeJ
    Oct 6, 2006
    I love this show, America Ferrara is great and very funny. Also, people have to remember this is the same premise that was used on the spanish version, which was done long before Prada.
  29. JoseM
    Oct 7, 2006
    wonderful ,funny and touching at the same time.America Ferrara is perfect.She deserves an Emmy and a Golden globe
  30. SadeB
    Oct 9, 2006
    It has a good moral
  31. MaureenC
    Oct 9, 2006
    Love it!
  32. cynthiac
    Oct 10, 2006
    is very funny and something different.....
  33. CotyC
    Oct 11, 2006
    Ugly Betty is a well produced and cast show. A great attempt to introduce the original novela
  34. blaker
    Oct 12, 2006
    Such a great show, so funny
  35. adrianc
    Oct 13, 2006
    inner beauty, short easy to understand humor, & in love of America Ferrara's work
  36. KnutG
    Oct 13, 2006
    What a sweet treat for even the most critical viewer. Let's drop all pretense after a hard day's work and watch Betty face trouble - and then win every time. Lovely, lovely lovely!
  37. MelM
    Oct 15, 2006
    Consistently entertaining, with appealing characters, this series is filmed with the quality of a feature film.
  38. RobertoP
    Oct 20, 2006
    Refreshing comedy!
  41. Tulip
    Oct 24, 2006
    Ugly Betty is a Beauty! Each week it gets better and better . Great casting and good story lines. I
  42. KellyF
    Oct 26, 2006
    This show is just fun...it is a nice break to watch something that is meant to be fun and actually accomplishes it's goal.
  43. ErikS
    Oct 31, 2006
    Delightful. My quibbles would be that Betty really isn't ugly, just "TV ugly", and they should ditch the whole mysterious woman "Desperate Housewives"-like mystery element. Otherwise, very endearing, and I'm hooked. Just wish it was on at a different time, but I usually watch it online.
  44. HobiD
    Nov 3, 2006
    Super funny! One of the best TV shows to watch this season. Including real issues of today's America makes the show even more fun to watch!
  45. rebeccas
    Nov 9, 2006
    Love it Love it Love it. Ugly Betty..Written Great. Great sory.
  46. MartaA
    Nov 12, 2006
    The best show on TV right now! Every single character is played with such flawless delight. I've even rearranged my work schedule so I will not miss another episode again! Two hUGE thumbs up!
  47. NidiaV
    Nov 13, 2006
    Full hour of laughing and learning a life lesson through Betty's eyes...I can wait for Thursday night to watch " Betty Suarez"
  48. ConsueloC
    Nov 14, 2006
    Ugly Betty is a great TV show program. I LOVE IT. Great direction, perform, casting and history.
  49. saray
    Nov 21, 2006
    It is fun and actually accomplishes it's goal. Each week it gets better and better. I makes me take care of the every day problems... good job abc
  50. JMad
    Nov 30, 2006
    Love the show and never miss it. Very funny.
  51. DavidB
    Dec 2, 2006
    Awesome show..love it.
  52. DavidT
    Dec 2, 2006
    I really enjoy watching this show, I record it every Thurs on my DVr.
  53. ArtM
    Dec 4, 2006
    Does exactly what it sets out ot do - entertain. One of the best collections of supporting cast members on TV today.
  54. Sharon
    Dec 9, 2006
    Betty is sweet, funny, well written and adorable. I never miss it..
  55. StephenH
    Dec 16, 2006
    I'm really surprised by how much I enjoy this show, and I hope it lasts at least a few seasons. ABC has really been doing a good job getting shows like LOST and Ugly Betty to us.
  56. KayJ
    Dec 25, 2006
    ABC has a real hit on their hands. I can't wait for Thursdays now. The most entertaining and refreshing show on TV. Thanks ABC.
  57. TammyM
    Jan 6, 2007
    America Ferrara really sparkles in this show--sometimes in more ways than one. UB's cute, keeps a good pace and mix/parallel of storylines, and never makes the mistake of pretending to be more serious than it is (*cough* Prada *cough*).
  58. LisaP
    Jan 8, 2007
    LOVE this show. TiVo it every week, and watch each episode multiple times, especially the ones with Henry in them. Love him! Hope Betty ditches Walter for Henry and soon, before some gorgeous woman snatches Henry away!
  59. JennE
    Jan 12, 2007
    I just found this show on ABC.com. I LOVE it! I'm watching all the back episodes, one per night. What will I do when I get to the present ones?!?! This is a terrific, fun show!
  60. seand
    Jan 16, 2007
    the best comedy and fun drama i ever watch with the familly, we really enjoy all this new tv show. no matter how the critics are is a diffrent show.
  61. MariaÅ
    Jan 18, 2007
    Sweden is here to give ten points! The Show is great and the best, i love Betty and i also love the great actress America Ferrera! I don´t miss the show Ugly Betty on Chanel 5, Swedish TV! I guess Sweden are two episodes behind USA tv!
  62. glennl
    Feb 9, 2007
    feast to the eyes and tugs my heart
  63. DavidM
    Feb 11, 2007
    OK, so the show may be cliché and full of "stereo-types", but this show entertains me to no end. To me, it's funny! Isn't a dramady suppose to entertain and make one smile? Hats off to America Ferrerra who emodies Betty so well.
  64. pingun
    Feb 17, 2007
    it promotes u to think!! such a great drama!
  65. hayleyt
    Feb 18, 2007
    i watch it every week and america ferrera is amazing and perfect for the role of betty.
  66. ray
    Mar 23, 2007
    The best new show of the season and one of the best I've seen in a long time. It's hilarious.
  67. HogarthH
    Apr 27, 2007
    The only network show I will drop everything to sit down and enjoy. Funny, touching, and above all glorious to look at - especially in HD. Entertainment, pure and simple.
  68. babist
    Sep 30, 2007
    Entertaining and funny.
  71. DesertTripper
    Oct 2, 2007
    Fantastic cast, great video effects and segues, and the good and bad people play their parts SO well. And almost every episode has an unexpected twist. Loved the one where they went to Mexico. Plus, Betty's not really all that "ugly!" I only wish that, like the Latin American telenovelas the show often parodies, it was on every day instead of once a week.
  72. Kennyb
    Nov 24, 2007
    Great show. Hilarious, great kitschy fun!
  73. AngelaM.
    Feb 2, 2008
    I love ugly Betty!
  74. MargaretS.
    Oct 24, 2008
    This show is wonderful. It has more charm & laugh w/o all the crazy sex you see on other shows anymore. I love it I hope they don't take it off the air. Like all the other fun-loving shows
  75. SamuelB
    Jan 7, 2009
    My favorite tv show ever. Amanda is comedy bliss and is the best character to ever walk our tv. It is caring and heart warming and deserves the best rating.
  76. MaahemM.
    Oct 5, 2009
    A fresh, always funny and smart show that has a heart no other show has today.
  77. ArthurW
    Nov 29, 2009
    One of the best programs of the current day, consistently jaw dropping and full of charm showing the dog eat dog world and prejudice of the fashion world. It's one of the only shows i can say entertains me through each plot twist- something shows like gossip girl personally doesn't achieve for me. I think one of the main goals of the show is to present old cleches in a new light One of the best programs of the current day, consistently jaw dropping and full of charm showing the dog eat dog world and prejudice of the fashion world. It's one of the only shows i can say entertains me through each plot twist- something shows like gossip girl personally doesn't achieve for me. I think one of the main goals of the show is to present old cleches in a new light showing they are not all one dimensional stereotypes. A witty must see. Expand
  78. Sep 18, 2010
    This show works well as an hour of light, enjoyable television. The acting is great, from America pulling off the character of Betty Suarez like no one else could, to Vanessa Williams excellent portrayal of the 'baddie' Wilhelmina Vivian Slater. A joy to watch, laughs come easily, and it's touching at all the right bits. Excellent, a television show with a real message!
  79. Feb 27, 2011
    It started off strong but after the first season, it had a mixture of good and bad writing in it. the lack inconsistency in terms of character development was evident throughout. season 2 began well, but by the middle of it and onwards descended into a silly, childish farce with an irritating love triangle involving the main protagonist. it was my most disliked season out of the 4. seasonIt started off strong but after the first season, it had a mixture of good and bad writing in it. the lack inconsistency in terms of character development was evident throughout. season 2 began well, but by the middle of it and onwards descended into a silly, childish farce with an irritating love triangle involving the main protagonist. it was my most disliked season out of the 4. season 3 was disliked by many, but i enjoyed it a lot; probably more-so for the developing friendship between Betty, Amanda and Marc. season 4 i thought was ok at best; first half didn't impress me very much, second half was a slight improvement. however, the laughs, humour were absent throughout that final season. where was Marc and Amanda? compared to my other favourite shows that i like, this isn't my absolute favourite, due to the sloppy writing, inconsistent levels of writing and for it not being utterly funny. which it wasn't. ugly Betty was great at highlighting social, moral, cultural issues as a show, but in terms of the story lines, writing, sadly it just didn't hit the mark. the series ended a little dissapointingly for me; nonetheless, i would be lying if i said the series didn't make me think, question things about appearances and looks. because it did. in all, ugly Betty will live on in memory in fans hearts- great performances by the cast members throughout; if only the show was handled a bit better than it was by the writers, producers, this would've lasted a few more seasons, and perhaps we'd get a better conclusion to the series too. Expand

Ugly Betty has high spirits, camp, couture, charm and heart.
    This juicy comedy-drama recaptures the fun of Desperate Housewives in its first season.
  3. The driving force behind the show's appeal is Ferrera, who gives a pitch-perfect, killer performance in the opening episodes.