• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 28, 2006
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.4

1. Sep 29, 2011
    i only like this series because is originally colombian, viva colombia hpta
  2. Mike
    Sep 26, 2006
    Ugly Betty is Awsome. I love this show finally an ABC show where the main charcter is likeable. Susan and Merideth are not likeable at all. America Ferrera deserves an emmy nomination but the win should go to Marcia Cross this year.
  3. MikeG
    Sep 26, 2006
    I`ve had the oportunity to watch the pilot and I´ve seen the first 6 minutes of the 2nd episode, and i got to say that i found it really fresh and well build, I hope the nest episodes get as great as the first one. Can´t wait to see it on thursday.
  4. JayB
    Lovely new show!
  5. MariaH
    Sep 27, 2006
    I saw the previous and I think this program will be a hit!!
  6. CarlinhosB
    Sep 27, 2006
    Oh my god, I jsut watched the pilot, and I LOVED IT, all I can say is that this will become a hit. It's already the best reviewed new show. Just funny, I can't describe it.
  7. LuisG
    Sep 28, 2006
    well i have to say america ferrera is a frontrunner for my new fav. show UGLY BETTY plays likes its precedessor yo soy betty la fea quite well ... charming , lively and very grounded with the fact that ugly is the new beutifull... the rest of the case needs some work a lil bit to way over the top for me... i will wait for next weeks episode anxiously... a def. winner...
  8. CarlW
    Sep 28, 2006
    Every new season too many shows claim to be great, grounbreaking, and must see. Usually what we see is the same old crap. Not so with Ugly Betty. This show may be derivative, (think Desparate Housewives, Bridget Jones, and The Devil Wears Prada all blended together), but at least it's influenced by good stuff and probably the most entertaining of all the new shows so far. Extra Every new season too many shows claim to be great, grounbreaking, and must see. Usually what we see is the same old crap. Not so with Ugly Betty. This show may be derivative, (think Desparate Housewives, Bridget Jones, and The Devil Wears Prada all blended together), but at least it's influenced by good stuff and probably the most entertaining of all the new shows so far. Extra points for an ethnicly diverse cast. I hope America Ferrera get the praise she deserves. Expand
  9. AnabelG
    Sep 28, 2006
    excellent so funny its sweet
  10. MarcD.
    Sep 29, 2006
    Loved it! It was pretty darned similar to "The Devil Wears Prada", but I think it's more authentic because Anne Hathaway was never all that frumpy before her big "makeover." Betty is an awesome lead character, and I think Eric Mabius as her boss finally has a role which will allow him to shine. Perhaps Gina Gershon is a little over the top, but the rest of the cast is great. Loved it! It was pretty darned similar to "The Devil Wears Prada", but I think it's more authentic because Anne Hathaway was never all that frumpy before her big "makeover." Betty is an awesome lead character, and I think Eric Mabius as her boss finally has a role which will allow him to shine. Perhaps Gina Gershon is a little over the top, but the rest of the cast is great. Didn't think I'd like this show, but I was wrong big time. So far, it's my favorite new show of the season. Expand
  11. Brianne
    Sep 29, 2006
    Finally! A show that the common person can relate to.
  12. margaret
    Sep 29, 2006
    WOW- at a time when anti-bullying and increased youth aggression are becoming buzzwords in parent magazines and school meetings- here we have a new show that promotes taunting, teasing, and "sizing up" based on how a person looks. Even worse -all that done by adults. Appalling. This is not entertainment. I urge viewers to question what they are laughing at!
  13. ValentinC
    Sep 29, 2006
    Finally, a comedy with heart and hope. I just hope they would make Betty more secure and more confident and not much of that fake clumpsiness.
  14. RulG
    Sep 29, 2006
    Its been a long time since ABC has had a show as funny and with a good script, as Ugly Betty. I have seen the original columbian version and enjoyed it very much. I love the way it has been Americanized to fit our society. I believe many americans and many viewing audiences will tune in each weak and will find within themselves many charecteristics that many lack in our society, love, Its been a long time since ABC has had a show as funny and with a good script, as Ugly Betty. I have seen the original columbian version and enjoyed it very much. I love the way it has been Americanized to fit our society. I believe many americans and many viewing audiences will tune in each weak and will find within themselves many charecteristics that many lack in our society, love, compassion, humility and forgiveness. All I have to say is for the other networks, "watch out", because ABC is back! Expand
  15. DarioB
    Excellent
  16. jn
    Sep 29, 2006
    Wow, the critics have never been more wrong. Every character is a stereotype of either the fashion world or something straight out of Princess Diaries kind of crap. It's not funny and hardly charming. Each step is more predictable than the previous one. This just wasn't good at all.
  17. MarioC
    Sep 29, 2006
    I like it a lot. Watch it !!!
  18. LilyA
    Sep 29, 2006
    Its so funny!!! I loved it!!
  19. JanieD
    Sep 29, 2006
    Loved it!!! Funny. Laugh through out the show.
  20. jackw
    Sep 29, 2006
    the best show this season, very funny and wonderful, I am definitely a fan
  21. christined
    Sep 30, 2006
    Refreshing and funny.. tired of reality and cop shows... Betty is an underdog with a brain worth hooting for!!
  22. G.Orozco
    Sep 30, 2006
    Excellent, very funy and very weel done'
  23. JoeB
    Sep 30, 2006
    The BEST new show of the season.
  24. JoeP
    Enjoyed it. Great.
  25. Barbara
    Sep 30, 2006
    Very touching and very funny at the same time--geat fun watching it !!!
  26. SigridM
    Sep 30, 2006
    I totally disagree with the critics! This show was stolen from Devil Wears Prada and it lacks all the class and humor of that movie.
  27. JoeB
    Oct 1, 2006
    The BEST new show of the season.
  28. BoomieS
    Oct 2, 2006
    The best new show on television, hands down.
  29. MaigualidaD
    Oct 3, 2006
    I think its really giid..and funny!
  30. RobertM
    Oct 4, 2006
    Having seen the first episode, I have to say that this will one reason to stay home on Thursday night. This show is definitely a keeper!

Ugly Betty has high spirits, camp, couture, charm and heart.
    This juicy comedy-drama recaptures the fun of Desperate Housewives in its first season.
  3. The driving force behind the show's appeal is Ferrera, who gives a pitch-perfect, killer performance in the opening episodes.