• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 22, 2006
3.1

1. PaulL
    Apr 7, 2006
    Is it me, or do all the participants on this show seem like actors? I tried to watch the 1st episode, but I couldn't. I felt like I was being manipulated into beleiving the participants were real people off the street, but I couldn't buy it. I can simply tell this is completely fake, so I switched channels within about 5min. I decided to watch the second episode to see why Ryan Is it me, or do all the participants on this show seem like actors? I tried to watch the 1st episode, but I couldn't. I felt like I was being manipulated into beleiving the participants were real people off the street, but I couldn't buy it. I can simply tell this is completely fake, so I switched channels within about 5min. I decided to watch the second episode to see why Ryan Seacrest claimed it to be the #1 show in America (20 million + viewers). I once again concluded that it's completely fake. I haven't read any other reviews yet, but I'm curious if others felt the same sentiment. I suggest you all watch something else though, as this is the worst attempt at a reality show I have seen to date. These people are actors, they do not react to the situation in a realistic way. I mean c'mon people are you really buying into this crap? Smarten up! and change the channel! Expand
  2. TerryS
    Mar 25, 2006
    This show was just painful to watch. It was like Big Brother (which I enjoy) with in a bunker, but with a mind-numbing cast and a stupid, pre-scripted premise. Just terrible!!!!
  3. mikesomebody
    Mar 30, 2006
    love it
  4. JohannH
    Apr 1, 2006
    It's everything a reality show should be - only 30 minutes long, many arguments between the contestants, nice concept - love it!
  5. J
    May 4, 2006
    This show has become a testament to what the human being when he or she is subjected to a decision over money. The actors...er...contestants make Johnathan Baker from Amazing Race look like Mother Teresa...and I thought that wasn't possible!
  6. NickM
    Jun 8, 2006
    when you thought reality tv couldnt get any worse, along came this!! i hope someone is fired over this one!
  7. MarkC
    Mar 23, 2006
    As a reality show lover, I found this to be a huge insult to reality shows. The people are stereotypes (the gay hating minister, the playboy, the gambler tthe effeminate gay guy etc...) of themselves and no one is likeable. This was so low budget and cheesy looking that I would have expected to see this on UPN. It's also blatantly obvious that no substantial amount of money will ever As a reality show lover, I found this to be a huge insult to reality shows. The people are stereotypes (the gay hating minister, the playboy, the gambler tthe effeminate gay guy etc...) of themselves and no one is likeable. This was so low budget and cheesy looking that I would have expected to see this on UPN. It's also blatantly obvious that no substantial amount of money will ever be won given this sorry group. If FOX wants a cheesy guilty pleasure, they should spend the bucks to bring back Paradise Hotel. Expand
  8. Kelly
    Apr 20, 2006
    I think it's good. The only thing I didn't like is how Fox advertised one show saying "You are about to see the most intense moments in reality tv history" so I watched for the whole half hour, and nothing that intense happened! I kind of felt suckered in to watching it that week. I still want to see who gets the money, and who gets outcasted.
  9. onemorecomment
    May 11, 2006
    The series finale was a nice twist as no1 expected seeing tara walking away with the money... but the show all in all was as scripted as Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch, the plot was as surprising as seeing Brokeback Mountain not winning an award at the Oscars, the show itself as exciting as American Inventor. Do i expect to see a second season of this show? No with a capital N.
  10. aa
    yo it's real
  11. peteb
    May 8, 2006
    Bad script, bad actors - I think this is the worst I have ever seen on the tv... And I have seen a lot...
  12. AliciaC
    Jun 8, 2006
    Ok, so mabey it wasn't the best show in the world, I admit it. I just watched it because I know one of the cast members very well. But it was NOT scripted and they were NOT paid actors. Everything was REAL. So everyone just get over it already.
  13. DawnA
    Mar 24, 2006
    I already hate reality shows and this exemplifies the reason why. Terrible concept and absolutely absurd. I thought FOX was a real network now, this is typical stupid shock TV that FOX was famous for in the beginning. Hopefully FOX will spare us from anymore airings of this show.
  14. JohnM
    Mar 29, 2006
    Max Headroom meets Gilligan's Island - and not in a good way. This is the worst thing I have seen in years, and Fox has had a long string of worst things, so it's hard to believe they managed to hit a new low. The best I can say is that this could hit multiple "worst of..." lists, which would appear to be the goal of the producers. ...Yikes, just thinking of that I have realized Max Headroom meets Gilligan's Island - and not in a good way. This is the worst thing I have seen in years, and Fox has had a long string of worst things, so it's hard to believe they managed to hit a new low. The best I can say is that this could hit multiple "worst of..." lists, which would appear to be the goal of the producers. ...Yikes, just thinking of that I have realized Fox execs plan to turn this show into a blogfest and make it a hit. er, NOT. Expand
  15. Elijah
    Mar 29, 2006
    This show is absolutley abysmal. Within the first ten minutes i knew i wouldn't be tuning in again. Either Fox has somehow found one hell of a collection of idiots or it's scripted. I would guess it's a combonation of both. The concept for the show is kind of cool but it just doesn't work. This show is awful and i am appalled that it pulled in 20 million viewers in This show is absolutley abysmal. Within the first ten minutes i knew i wouldn't be tuning in again. Either Fox has somehow found one hell of a collection of idiots or it's scripted. I would guess it's a combonation of both. The concept for the show is kind of cool but it just doesn't work. This show is awful and i am appalled that it pulled in 20 million viewers in it's day view and FOX is now happily parading this crap show as a hit. DON'T TUNE IN TONIGHT JUST TO SEE HOW BAD IT IS DON"T GIVE FOX THE RATINGS! Expand
  16. PatM
    Mar 31, 2006
    Wow, this show is so painful to stomach. Need a good stiff drink (or 6) to find my way through this underground farce. I think it's hilarious first of all the host is the ex host of that awesome show Gamepro TV (remember!?) and it would make sense that he has a producing role in this. Oh, and that narrator's voice sounds familiar. I think he is hired to narrate the worst reality Wow, this show is so painful to stomach. Need a good stiff drink (or 6) to find my way through this underground farce. I think it's hilarious first of all the host is the ex host of that awesome show Gamepro TV (remember!?) and it would make sense that he has a producing role in this. Oh, and that narrator's voice sounds familiar. I think he is hired to narrate the worst reality shows on FOX. Seriously, I want to see who that dude is and look at the shows he has been involved with. Way to go FOX...you have once again made an unwatchable joke. Expand
  17. Ike
    Mar 31, 2006
    I am waiting for someone to say "I saved a lot of money on my car insurance through Geico" This show and the cast just doesn't seem real. The whole show seems scripted.
  18. oliver
    Apr 12, 2006
    I think the show is a trick on us...I think everyone IS an actor. In fact, Jonathon definitely is. He even appeared on a recent episode of King of Queens.
  19. Ty
    Apr 23, 2006
    This show blows!
  20. alexb
    Best show ever!
  21. DJDub
    May 11, 2006
    TERRIBLE! Thank God it's over. Fox, here's a clue - shoot the next exec who has a new idea for another awful "reality" show. Who's reality do you live in? Complete and utter shoddy television. Although I'm glad to see Doogie Howser's career was revived as a computerized host.
  22. AndreaD
    May 11, 2006
    I think this was nerve racking and frustrating just how we like it. A few good twist. I would have liked to see more phyisical activities and brain pwoer maybe. And a little s e x never hurts either or love.
  23. Michelle
    May 3, 2006
    This is by far the STUPIDEST show on TV!!! It could have ended in one freakin' episode!!!!
  24. CaseyB
    May 5, 2006
    A new low...even for "Reality TV"...even for Fox.
  25. IdidY
    May 5, 2006
    I am almost positive that this show is improv actors who are given a role and told to play that role. The money may be real, however I'm sure everybody gets paid at the end. I do not think they know at any time what is coming nex, only that they need to do what "their character" would dot. This show gets 1 more point for originality if this is true.
  26. MigoG
    May 8, 2006
    Worst show of all time. Who is that host? He looks like he needs to be shoved back in his locker.
  27. NathanS
    Mar 25, 2006
    Each episode is short (less than 30 min, so with commercials like what..20 min long), and the show itself is extremely dumb. I like Survivor and Deal or No Deal, but this doesn't interest me at all. The whole first episode was just a woman and a gay man arguing, and the most exciting part is when their turning a wheel on a ball to vote.
  28. Luke
    Apr 27, 2006
    The show has a challenge that ha the potential of being a positive life lesson.

1. It feels far closer to genre self-parody than it does the genuine article: wildly overproduced and characteristically overbearing, with a concept that plays as utterly insipid.
  2. I'll give "Unan1mous" this: At least it's more efficient than some reality shows, wasting only a half-hour of a viewer's time. But that's still 30 minutes you don't have to spend wallowing in this muck.
  3. Reviewed by: Phil Gallo
    It's tough to get an audience to care for any of the players in a show that's just 30 minutes long.