Undateable (2014) : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: May 29, 2014
Season #: 1, 2, 3
7.5

1. May 31, 2014
    Good potential, great cast! really curious to watch a whole season.
    refreshing comedy, im just wondering if they could feed the whole cast with good humor lines
  2. Jan 31, 2016
    NONE of the critic reviews for this show have been since it went LIVE. This was a great show since season 1. It's an even BETTER show now. A brilliant cast, with great actors and hilarious comedians...given free reign to improv - LIVE on national tv. No other "sitcom" on television does this.
    Plus- the writers and cast use social media in ways that have never been done before. You can tweet with them, see a periscope from the writers room DAILY, and even call a dedicated phone (the Danny phone) and often talk to a cast member - or get pictures via text. It offers an experience for the fans that is truly unique.
    While I'm sure it's easy for someone to watch ONE episode and verbally bash it to oblivion on the internet (negative reviews are so much more fun to write), if they would at least take the time to give it a chance - I'm almost sure they would fall in love with the show, just as the rest of us have. The UndateableLive cast/crew have certainly put in more heart, time and effort into creating this 30 min of entertainment than any other show I have ever watched. I truly hope NBC can see that and give it another season (and better time slot) for others to enjoy it as well.
  3. Jul 6, 2014
    Undateable is an AWESOME show!!! Episodes 11, 12 & 13, I was laughing so hard!!! Undateable BETTER BE BACK!!! Sabrina (Eva Amurri Martino) is EXTREMELY HOT!!!!!!!! NBC, PLEASE bring this show back!!!!!!
  4. Jul 7, 2014
    This show is absolutely hilarious! I have a weird sense of humor and everything about it is so funny. Can't wait to see what next season brings. Undateable is new, funny, catchy, not to mention smart. There is definitely chemistry between the actors/actresses! SO funny, definitely watch it :)
  5. Jul 9, 2014
    This is 1 of the funniest shows ever!! I hope they get picked up. I'd love to see Danny meet someone who plays his game better than he does and he gets dumped!! That could be soooo funny! I rate this a definite 10. I really want to watch these characters develop. I wish I were 20 years younger and could write buttons so I could write for them!
  6. Oct 10, 2015
    Its best comedy TV series, after 2 Broke Girls... atmosphere and actors at the top. Chris D'Elia top comic actor, dance Danny, song Danny, on highest level
  7. Jul 21, 2014
    This is outstanding comedy. Chris D'Elia subtley brings in an impressive level of physical comedy to his ultra hilarious alpha guy act. The nerd is not a TV nerd in the chiseled troupe sense (Big Bang, 2 and a Half Men, etc, etc, etc). These characters are real and they are really funny. Susan Sarandon's daughter bites the big one, every other character I enjoy... some profusely.This is outstanding comedy. Chris D'Elia subtley brings in an impressive level of physical comedy to his ultra hilarious alpha guy act. The nerd is not a TV nerd in the chiseled troupe sense (Big Bang, 2 and a Half Men, etc, etc, etc). These characters are real and they are really funny. Susan Sarandon's daughter bites the big one, every other character I enjoy... some profusely. Well written, tight and with a tendency to err on the real side as opposed to stereotype, this show was a revelation. If it does not get picked up and run 8 seasons, there is no TV justice in this world. Expand
  8. Oct 29, 2014
    As a guy who is a true TV Nerd ( seriously, I have over 100 shows with every episode saved to hard drives ) I can honestly say this show had me immediately. One thing to note, I did not start with episode one, but rather episode 8 or so. The cast is fantastic, and have great chemistry together. Hopefully the people who make show decisions read the FAN reviews and ignore the critics.As a guy who is a true TV Nerd ( seriously, I have over 100 shows with every episode saved to hard drives ) I can honestly say this show had me immediately. One thing to note, I did not start with episode one, but rather episode 8 or so. The cast is fantastic, and have great chemistry together. Hopefully the people who make show decisions read the FAN reviews and ignore the critics.

Honestly one of the best sitcom groups I've come across is years.
  9. Jun 6, 2014
    Is no of the best comedy show this year and hope this series takes of with a lot of seasons. The cast has a great chemistry, the jokes are fresh and I hope this series gets the love it deserves :-)
  10. Jun 6, 2014
    I love this show,i hope they give it another season cause is so freaking funny.Nowadays there are not so many funny tv shows so i take them as they come
  11. Jul 21, 2014
    Undateable is a show that i could see a bright future for, it has well developed characters, its very dang funny and a fairly decent plot towards it as well. I think it could be the next "How i Met Your Mother" if given the opportunity.
  12. Jun 2, 2014
    Finally a network comedy that is FUNNY! Isn't that what they're supposed to be? There is nothing complicated or pretentious about this show, it's just a bunch of funny people doing/saying a bunch of funny things. The perfect way to unwind after a long day.
    Ron Funches might be the best thing about this show with his one-liners, but the gay character is funny too and the two leads (Danny and Justin) make a great odd-couple pairing.
    I will season pass this show for sure. NBC could have their Big Bang Theory is they give this a shot.
  13. Jun 5, 2014
    It has very good potential as long as they don't get in their own ways! It never made me die laughing but I chuckled throughout the show! I am can't wait to see what happens
  14. Jun 20, 2014
    Awesome show. It did take an episode or 2 to get into it though. Lots of interesting characters and plot lines that can be developed over the next season.
  15. Jun 27, 2014
    Great cast and chemistry. I love Chris D'Elia and the rest of the crew. The show grows on you as the season progress. I hope they will give it a second season.
  16. Jul 1, 2014
    This show is hilarious! The cast clearly improvs frequently and it just works well. Chris D'Elia shines in his character as does the rest of the cast. I laugh continuously!!
  17. Jul 3, 2014
    I actually really like this comedy it's one of the few sitcoms on TV that has me laughing out loud. The cast is surprisingly strong with a nice mix of seasoned actors and some newcomers who can more than hold their own. Not great but definitely worth a watch.
  18. Jul 10, 2014
    Good, quirky situational comedy. Sorry the critics just don't get it. The actors are all comedians an bring a unique mix to the cast each has a lovable silliness that works well with the others.
  19. Nov 15, 2015
    I've liked the show since season one. Now as far as the LIVE showings I have a so-so opinion of it. I found that once in a while it's fun but I think I laughed more when the show was taped. But still a show that needs to continue to grow and keep on.
  20. Jan 31, 2016
    Ever since "Undateable" went live for both the East & West Coast tapings, it has become a genuinely laugh out loud sitcom, which is to be expected since the show consists of four seasoned stand-up comics who do their best work improvising. In addition, whatever mess ups may occur during the live shows only adds to the hilarity of it all.

The fact that the show is interactive with its

The fact that the show is interactive with its fans through Periscope, Instagram, and Twitter both during the tapings and after has created a true connection between the fans and the cast and crew of the show, lending itself to a growing loyal fanbase who have dubbed themselves the JSquad. Through this group of superfans, the show consistently trends weekly on Twitter only aiding to the further growth and love of the show.

Ala "SNL" style, the show also hosts special guests like "Scandal's" Scott Foley, "Scrubs" Zach Braff and Sarah Chalke, and musical guests like Weezer, Ed Sheeran, Meghan Trainor, and the Backstreet Boys, the latter three also having acting stints within the show.

By breaking the "Fourth Wall" with meta references to current events happening the very day of taping, to the casts lives outside of the show, to the casts reactions to the live studio audience's reactions, the show manages to stay fresh and zeitgeist.

Aside from the laughs, the heart of show lies in the relationships between the seven main characters from the bromance between odd couple Danny and Justin, to the romantic relationships between Justin and Candace and Burski and Leslie. Some of the best moments of the show entail the cast embracing each other in a group hug.

When it comes right down to it, the success of the show is based ultimately on love: The love between friends, the love between romantic partners, and the love between the fans and cast and crew of the show. And to wrap it all up with a bow on top, is a genuine need to just laugh out loud at all the silliness and off the rails comedy that makes "Undateable" one of the funniest, most innovative sitcoms to grace television right now.

1. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    May 29, 2014
    Undateable, a show that does not set out to reinvent the multi-camera hangout comedy but execute that format reasonably well, turned out to be a generally pleasant surprise.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    May 29, 2014
    If there were a Match.com for sitcoms, this show would be blocked, banned and forgotten.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    May 29, 2014
    This show's got nothing but laugh track.