• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 24, 2013
Season #: 1, 2, 3
5.9

1. Oct 22, 2015
    I couldn't watch more than the first episode, which bored me so much. Nothing is natural nor subtle in the show, and situations which could have been realistic and simply grotesque.
  2. Oct 14, 2015
    Started well and finished awfully stupid. The worse tv serie I saw since years.
    I understand why King left the serie in the middle.
    The 3rd season was full of of romance everywhere where it was supposed to be a sci-fi serie !
  3. Oct 1, 2015
    First season is not very bad. Second season is bad. I started to watch third season then my cat ran away from the house and it took me 3 days to find her. My cat has since never been the same. UNDER THE DOME BROKE MY CAT. Would no re-watch.
  4. Jul 28, 2015
    These reviews are a scream. Were they all written under some kind of dome of their own? I notice most of the earlier one's are positive and then someone deigns to write a negative one and everyone else (clearly the 'armchair critics'/wannabe writers) subsequently follow suit like sheep. Jumping gormlessly onto the bandwagon. “It’s so awful, it just makes me wanna die!” I have to say, withThese reviews are a scream. Were they all written under some kind of dome of their own? I notice most of the earlier one's are positive and then someone deigns to write a negative one and everyone else (clearly the 'armchair critics'/wannabe writers) subsequently follow suit like sheep. Jumping gormlessly onto the bandwagon. “It’s so awful, it just makes me wanna die!” I have to say, with regards to Under The Dome, I think the premise is great - vintage Stephen King - the casting is excellent and the narrative, if somewhat formulaic per the needs of TV drama, is still gripping. Sure, there are gratuitous murders by the bucketload, more deus ex machina's than you can shake a stick at and the whole black egg thing is a little too close to the 2001-A-Space-Odyssey-bone, i.e the monoliths,,,not the mention the falling pink stars,,,which may be a metaphor for something,,,perhaps the disgracing of gay celebrities,,,I’ve no idea. But please, FFS it's all just good old fashioned Spielbergian fun. Blabbering on about dialogue and exposition and characterisation and just rubbishing the whole thing - with what reads increasingly like some sort of competition to shower it with the worst insults - kinda misses the point. This isn’t War and Peace. It’s (The) Cube, people. With pink stars. And eggs. Expand
  5. Jun 26, 2015
    If you have ever wondered what it looks like when a cow is separated perfectly in half through the median plane, Under the Dome will show you. Over and over again.

The pilot kind of draws you in, but don't be deceived. The characters and plot "twists" are frustrating to watch and also terribly predictable. The mysterious stranger from out of town starts out fairly compelling but then proceeds to deer-in-headlights himself through every crisis the town faces, while the one-dimensional journalist stubbornly and brazenly follows every lead she stumbles across because hey, she's just got to clumsily get to the bottom of things like any imaginary stubborn journalist would!
  6. May 7, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I read the book and was very excited about the show when it began. But right after the forth episode things began to get really wakko and shallow.

They turned what could have been a great TV show into some average low IQ cheap soap-opera.

It's insane how fast the characters seem to change sides, from being the good ones to becoming the bad guys!

During one episode the entire town is trying to find the responsible for so many improbable deaths and get him hanged, then suddenly something happens, something as strange as little kids' make believe tales, which diverges people attention onto it and nobody really cares any longer about getting the culprit hanged!

It's even worse! the real responsible who's the one who managed to put the blame to the good guy is clearly caught with his lies, but nobody seems to care about it any longer!

Wait! There is more! Dale Barbara, after almost getting hanged for crimes that he didn't commit, accused by the real criminal, right after that entire plot being dismissed, resumes to making projects and going on errands with Big Jim!!!!?? Like buddies! And oh boy! Dale Barbara is really the guy, huh?! He can shoot, kick ass, be a good samaritan as good as Mother Thereza, and wait! He is a hell of a pilot too! What is that? Rambo VI?

It's amazing how bad could the creators of the series turn a Stephen King's novel in so many ways and levels! Not to mention that the only resemblance one can actually find with the book is only the fact that the characters have the same names, the rest, it's nothing, absolutelly nothing like the book.

That whole thing of the dome having it's own willpower, got as ridiculous as The Forty Four Hundred tv show, and as disappointing as Heroes got to be.

As a huge fan of Stephen King's novels, I tried to give it a shot, actually I went really far down into the show, too far for my normal taste. I deeply regret to have wasted so much time with that series, and it's sad how a good book with so many aspects that could have actually helped to save the show could be so easily dismissed.

Big cliche TV Show, filled with shallow characters, unsteady as a bipolar's opinions; a hectic plot with so many unsolved cliffhangers, that were so many times dismissed as nothing. It's full of cheap dialogues. It's a drag.

I cannot give any score but a full fledged zero to it. For it was even a waste of money.
  7. Jan 7, 2015
    Despite the mixed reviews from the users (5.9/10), I highly enjoyed Under the Dome, Season 1. Sure, some of the acting might be hammy, it has managed to win me over by its good special effects and the overall feeling of isolation under the dome. While the 1st season isn't as good as it could've been, I believe this show has great potential. 8/10 (great)
  8. Nov 10, 2014
    This show is pure Stephen King. If you're a hardcore fan of his work, or have just read a few of the popular novels, this show will have you hanging onto the edge of your seat, and take you for quite a ride.

As is obvious from any promo shot, the story is about a town that gets trapped under a mysterious dome. As this is happening, you get introduced to the main characters that will further endear you to the show.

The show has many characters, probably the most interesting and mysterious of all, the dome itself. Every time something crazy happens you think to yourself, "Ugh, it's that dome again!" And that's part of what makes it so interesting is that these people are forced to adapt to whatever the dome happens to throw at them.

The big star of the show is Dean Norris (Who also played Hank in Breaking Bad). He plays "Big Jim" Rennie, the only town councilman not stuck outside the dome. Big Jim loves Chester's Mill, grew up there and made his living selling used cars. That should tip you off on what type of character he is. Without giving anything away, this is Dean Norris's finest acting role and he plays it pitch-perfectly.

There are also loveable stars and characters that will engage you and have you wanting to see more of them.

If you like crazy sci-fi action dramas with a splash of killing (Okay, come on guys it's Stephen King, there's gonna be killing) then this is right up your alley. The tension is palpable, the drama high, and the atmosphere nothing short of other-worldly, and King tells a great and mysterious story.

After just finishing the series in about a week...Yeah I spent hours on end watching it on Amazon episode after episode...(Breaking Bad much?) I'm happy to find out there's a third season in the works.

If you're at all curious about this show, you owe it to yourself to check it out.
  9. Oct 1, 2014
    just not well written and poorly acted. Absurd predictable stupid storyline. Compared to a decent series like breaking bad or lost this series is a joke.
  10. Sep 25, 2014
    This may not be the worst TV series ever, but it ranks right up there. Horrible acting, hackneyed dialogue ("this is what the dome wants," "the dome has chosen me," yadda-yadda). It's like they they cribbed themes from "Lost" and "Heroes" and transmogrified them into the most inane drivel. It boggles one's mind that somebody would put up all the millions it took to produce two seasons ofThis may not be the worst TV series ever, but it ranks right up there. Horrible acting, hackneyed dialogue ("this is what the dome wants," "the dome has chosen me," yadda-yadda). It's like they they cribbed themes from "Lost" and "Heroes" and transmogrified them into the most inane drivel. It boggles one's mind that somebody would put up all the millions it took to produce two seasons of this series, or that the network would give it all that air time. I can't believe I wasted two seasons watching this potboiler. Since things were left hanging in the season finale, one assumes there will be -- God knows why -- a third season. Which you could not pay me to watch. Will the townspeople escape the dome? Will everyone live happily ever after? What does the dome REALLY want? Does anyone remotely care? Not I... Expand
  11. Sep 21, 2014
    Flat cheezy characters with motives that have to be completely transparent... Retread archetypes that you've seen in 50 previous shows... Bad guys are a politician and a hipster kid... Yes this is tv for yokel morons.
  12. Sep 19, 2014
    Uma das mais brilhantes series criadas. UTD éuma serie que mexe com a curiosidade de quem assiste. Sem duvida, minha serie favorita. E rezando pra que dure por muito tempo.
  13. Sep 17, 2014
    This show is so bad, So so bad. I kept thinking it would get better. But after watching the 2nd to last show in season 2 I am speechless at how badly written and clunky and the acting is. It is not even laugh at bad, it is grimace bad.
  14. Sep 16, 2014
    An adventurous show about a small town trapped under a gigantic fish bowl, which has in a sense, trapped me and others Under the Dome. A perfect adaption in my eyes of a recent and great monster of a book from SK.
  15. Sep 10, 2014
    Just don't bother. The show quickly turns from an interesting premise to a crushing disappointment. The last 2 episodes of Season 1 were so contrived, with wooden dialogue and what seems to be every cliche in the network TV book, they are not even laughably bad, they're just bad.
  16. Sep 7, 2014
    I watched a couple episodes a long time ago and it looked really lame and boring. The characters were bland and the dialogue was very poor. It was also very slow and boring. I just felt like I was wasting my time watching it and I never will again. You should definitely skip watching this one. Hope this helped.
  17. Aug 26, 2014
    Bottom line: this is a terrible show.

No one who has ever seen a TV series can with a serious face appreciate Under the Dome on any level. In fact, comparing this to the dozens of shows I have followed in my life (currently I'm watching 70 different series a year), I'm convinced that Under the Dome is the worst TV series I have ever seen. Giving it a score of one would be too kind.
    Bottom line: this is a terrible show.

The characters are laughably birdbrained. Their decisions make no sense, they change their minds all the time without direction. They get themselves in trouble because they are so massively stupid, and they turn against each other on a whim even though only a second earlier they were friends. Then there are characters who for some reason just disappear for several episodes. The people outside the dome (who for some reason are almost non-existent from the show) can consider themselves lucky for being isolated from this town of morons.

The plot lines are so bad they make me cry. Introduced plot lines are soon forgotten, abandoned or buried for no reason. They leave so many questions unanswered. The challenges that are thrown at the town are faced with the intelligence of a five-year-old and pseudo-scientific solutions. There are so many holes in the plot that it makes Swiss cheese jealous.

But the worst thing has to be the dialogue. There is nothing good to say about it. It is just so absolutely inane. Like during the fifth episode when Jim and Rebecca tried to release a deadly virus to kill a large part of the town population. What did Julia say about this to the townspeople? This: "What Big Jim and Rebecca tried to do yesterday is inexcusable. But it's not unforgivable." What? What kind of stupid comment is that after they tried to kill hundreds of people? The dialogue is completely void of emotion, reason and logic.

Some viewers say we shouldn't take this show too seriously. To them this is just a little bit of fun summer entertainment. Unfortunately this is not the case. There are many shows out there that are made for fun and that don't take themselves too seriously, and yet they manage to make sense. Under the Dome however does not do this. It takes itself too seriously while not making any sense. It is just an appalling insult to human intelligence and should under no circumstances be praised. Even playing Russian Roulette with six bullets in the chamber is more fun than watching this show.

There is no reason for anyone to even call this show "OK", "decent" or "passable". Let's call this what it is: a sad, pathetic excuse for a TV show without any redeeming qualities. I have no idea how on earth a bunch of professional writers and producers have managed to create something this bad. They should hang their heads in shame.
  18. Aug 24, 2014
    this is the worst show I've ever seen - simply a waste of time. The producers are living under a dome.I am amazed how this can be continued at all. really looking forward to its cancellation.
  19. Aug 23, 2014
    Some people really DON'T like this show. Well in my opinion.
    Some people really DON'T like this show. Well in my opinion.
    The characters are indeed clichéd. Rather not very detailed and the acting is not Hollywood like. The OST is a bit of a little mess. Not a big impact on me watching the show. The book isn't like in the series. Sadly the acting is making it fall apart. The storyline (plot); I still don't understand it today after watching all the episodes. A gigantic energy field? Pink stars? Reincarnation? An egg which glows pink like it's radiated? Huh. I don't understand it at all. The book may have explained it better. I still enjoy it though. I like how it goes on and gives me a kind of action like feeling some times. May not be a good series but I still will watch it.
  20. Aug 22, 2014
    Under the dome is one of my favorite series. With each season and with each new series I'm getting interesting to see. I also hope that there will be more episodes and seasons. I really love this show.
  21. Aug 18, 2014
    This show really sucks. The characters are very annoying. Why would a journalist be in charge of a town? Why does a town even need a leader in the first place? Most characters have ridiculous dialog. The story kind of sucks too. I am only watching this show in hopes of seeing some aliens that will destroy Chester's Mill.
  22. Aug 11, 2014
    I don't even know where to begin with this absolute train wreck. The dialogue is awful, the pacing is off, the acting is at the best of times bad, at the worst of times I would liken it to a 3rd grade play where the kids were given no time to rehearse.

My roommate is obsessed with this show and I've been forced to sit through several episodes of the second season. Now, everybody loves plot twists. Everybody enjoys being thrown tat curve-ball that makes think. The thing is, at some point, the plot twists actually have to start MAKING SENSE. Much like the disjointed **** that was "Lost", "Under the Dome"s writers seem to just sit around in a circle throwing out random ideas. You know what would be cool? Nuclear butterflies! Oh! And psychic visions! And religious zealots! And genetic pathogens! And a dead girl from 1985! And a mysterious chasm under the school that sends you back in time! AND! AND! AND...etc, etc.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was some kind of line drawn between any of this nonsense. There isn't as far as I can tell. Just a group of hack writers with a fistful of crayons and a nice fat paycheck.

After all the critics raved about this show all last year, I thought I was missing something great. This is bar none the worst show I have seen in a number of years. Awful, just awful, it's the television equivalent of a hydrochloric acid enema.
  23. Aug 5, 2014
    Under the dome has progressively got worse. I read the book and enjoyed the first few episodes but now it is just predictable and boring. I personally facepalm a minimum of 5 times each episode. Ignoring the fact that 60% of the things that happen don't even make any sense. "Sandstorm occurs and if somehow the winds hit every wall the dome gets clogged, and setting up a tiny fan to shootUnder the dome has progressively got worse. I read the book and enjoyed the first few episodes but now it is just predictable and boring. I personally facepalm a minimum of 5 times each episode. Ignoring the fact that 60% of the things that happen don't even make any sense. "Sandstorm occurs and if somehow the winds hit every wall the dome gets clogged, and setting up a tiny fan to shoot water 5 meters saves the city in 1 min flat." that is just plane stupid. I had high hopes for this season 1 but i cant bring my self to watch the next episode. Expand
  24. Aug 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The 5,9 score may be a product of mixing Season 1 and 2. Season 1 was not bad. Season 2 started out OK, but rapidly plunged into an abyss. My wife is a big sci-fi fan, but by the middle of the episode where the food warehouse blows up, she was ready to turn it off. Is it the writing? The directing? Can none of the kids act? Dean Norris was good in "Breaking Bad." What went wrong here?

I have not done the math, but my guess is that the reviews here will skew much lower for Season 2 than for Season 1, probably around a 3.
  25. Jul 28, 2014
    As a fan of the first season, I am very disappointed with season 2... 3 episodes in, likable familiar faces have been killed off, while some other old characters have become inconsistent and incoherent. eg. Ep 1, I believe only Jesus can forgive and forget Big Jim's treachery and hostility so quickly. Norie has become unnaturally hostile and jealous when she should be more curious andAs a fan of the first season, I am very disappointed with season 2... 3 episodes in, likable familiar faces have been killed off, while some other old characters have become inconsistent and incoherent. eg. Ep 1, I believe only Jesus can forgive and forget Big Jim's treachery and hostility so quickly. Norie has become unnaturally hostile and jealous when she should be more curious and helpful to the newly introduced teen character, especially after seeing her actions and personality in season 1. O yeah, and the handful of newly introduced characters as replacements... Expand
  26. Jul 25, 2014
    2nd season is awful... the science teacher that thinks she is the savior, raining blood.... come on.

I got hooked on series but.... if it stays on the current course i will not watch.. to bad.
  27. Jul 23, 2014
    The first episodes where great, after that it kept the tension up for the rest of season 1.

But, enter season two. That was the great decline into product placement and worse storylines. It became barely tolerable to watch, but the episode that did it for me was the one in which the cast chased some magic 3G/wi-fi signal, that somehow penetrated the dome (even when a MOAB bomb

It became barely tolerable to watch, but the episode that did it for me was the one in which the cast chased some magic 3G/wi-fi signal, that somehow penetrated the dome (even when a MOAB bomb couldn't get trough in season one), with their Windows (tm) 8 (c) tablets, and spending close to 5 minutes of screentime showing off how awesome those tablets are, and how nice and easy it is to read e-mails on them!

Another series that seems to think it's viewers are mindless zombie-consumers.

Shame on you, Stephen King.
  28. Jul 15, 2014
    Terrible show... poor acting (when its not over acting of which there is quite a lot), very dated directing and absolutely no chemistry between any of the major characters. And some chemistry is definitely needed since none of the characters are interesting enough to stand on their own. And the Barbie character... omg... no matter what the crisis, he behaves as if he's entering a bar for aTerrible show... poor acting (when its not over acting of which there is quite a lot), very dated directing and absolutely no chemistry between any of the major characters. And some chemistry is definitely needed since none of the characters are interesting enough to stand on their own. And the Barbie character... omg... no matter what the crisis, he behaves as if he's entering a bar for a night on the town. The dude seriously can't act. Expand
  29. Jul 10, 2014
    Under the Dome is getting a bit bizarre--and I love it. Big Jim is apparently being deified by some of the citizens of Chester's Mill. Watch out! Stephen King's stories often have a theological undertone: "God vs. Satan" or simply "Good vs. Evil". (God and Good usually win out.) Watch and listen closely. King manages to sneak in a "message" before the reader or, in this case, theUnder the Dome is getting a bit bizarre--and I love it. Big Jim is apparently being deified by some of the citizens of Chester's Mill. Watch out! Stephen King's stories often have a theological undertone: "God vs. Satan" or simply "Good vs. Evil". (God and Good usually win out.) Watch and listen closely. King manages to sneak in a "message" before the reader or, in this case, the viewer realizes what's happening. This series is not an all-time great, but don't sell it short. Expand
  30. Jun 24, 2014
    Another show that looked to have potential in the pilot, but this show is crap too. It has some of the worst characters on TV, some horrible acting, and story lines we could care less about.

1. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Jun 24, 2013
    Not only is it creepy, suspenseful and full of splendid special effects, veteran actors and fresh young faces, but it's laced with big thoughts about environmentalism and the future of the planet.
    You don't immediately sense how all of the characters are connected or how they might eventually become connected--most of the pilot is scene-setting and mood-building--but what's onscreen is compelling.
  3. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Jun 24, 2013
    Based on just one episode, it’s hard to tell how the series will unfold, but the mood, threatening, uneasy, a little kinky, is there, and that just might be enough.