• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 24, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 2
5.9

1. Jul 15, 2013
    Honestly, I am at the point in the show where I question why I keep watching. The plot has been rather slow and uneventful, No where near as dramatic as I hoped it would be. Solid acting and it holds promise but I will be incredibly annoyed if the show doesn't pick up until the final episodes of the season.
  2. Jun 24, 2014
    Another show that looked to have potential in the pilot, but this show is crap too. It has some of the worst characters on TV, some horrible acting, and story lines we could care less about.
  3. Oct 10, 2013
    Under the Dome is NOT a very good show, but it's not the worst. It's a million miles from being as god as The Event or Flashforward were, and yet somehow, it managed to get renewed when they didn't. Don't get that.
    Anyway, for a show about a mysterious and unexplainable dome that appears one day over a small town, its pretty un-epic. The plots are more about the lawlessness and panic that occur from being cut off from the rest of the world more than the potential alien dome and its mysterious happenings. You get some of that, but it feels secondary. The characters aren't that interesting and often the show feels pretty boring and very rural. It's basically a podunk town that just happens to be under a dome. And yet... I watch it. Why? It's really not that bad... It's just... not worth netflixing. Watch it if its on, but don't go seeking it out.
  4. Jun 26, 2013
    Not impressed by far. The characters seems rather one sided and clichéd. We already know who will be bad (Junior, 'Big Jim' Rennie etc...) and who will play the good ones Linda, Joe McAlister etc.) in my opinion. I think there will be many romance added to the show. People behaved irrationally so far (throw a party next to a giant energy field?!?!?). The story might progress, but I thinkNot impressed by far. The characters seems rather one sided and clichéd. We already know who will be bad (Junior, 'Big Jim' Rennie etc...) and who will play the good ones Linda, Joe McAlister etc.) in my opinion. I think there will be many romance added to the show. People behaved irrationally so far (throw a party next to a giant energy field?!?!?). The story might progress, but I think I have already seen the bad vs. good people, and who joins which side story already. Seem to me it will be a soap-opera wrapped in a science-fiction "dome". Not happy with this, but it might become good later. Expand
  5. Jul 11, 2013
    I had really high hopes for this show, it was just awful. I'm going to give it a 0/10, I just didn't like one thing about it. This is awful. Its just terrible.
  6. Jun 25, 2013
    WOW. JUST WOW. This series blew me away with it's mysteries. This show is perfect. it has mysteries, a psycho, forbidden romance, and of course a dome! if you haven't seen this you have to, it's worth your time. I especially love how the very first minute was related to the ending of the episode, it's like everything comes back to bite your ass, and that's the kind of shows that should beWOW. JUST WOW. This series blew me away with it's mysteries. This show is perfect. it has mysteries, a psycho, forbidden romance, and of course a dome! if you haven't seen this you have to, it's worth your time. I especially love how the very first minute was related to the ending of the episode, it's like everything comes back to bite your ass, and that's the kind of shows that should be recognized and universally acclaimed. Okay here's the deal, you may wonder why it's a 9 not a 10 well because I don't believe in the rating 10. I just haven't found that show yet! There might be hope either the fosters or this are perfect. Expand
  7. Jun 29, 2013
    Unlike others, I don't think this is the show to watch this summer. It's got great potential (mostly because of its eccentric base), but I don't see this lasting. The show conveyed the same idea for an hour, we're trapped in a dome. It certainly has mystery, but not enough to keep me watching.
  8. Aug 10, 2013
    The series could have been so successful, but I never though it will turn out this bad! Under the Dome's only positive points are the fact that its premise is interesting and intriguing and that there are some interesting plot points that have appeared in what I have seen in the series. But sadly, the series is filled with utterly annoying and unlikable characters that are extremelyThe series could have been so successful, but I never though it will turn out this bad! Under the Dome's only positive points are the fact that its premise is interesting and intriguing and that there are some interesting plot points that have appeared in what I have seen in the series. But sadly, the series is filled with utterly annoying and unlikable characters that are extremely annoying and lack in any sort of logic. In television shows, audiences are supposed to care about the characters, but no care is given here. The dialogue is both corny and horrible and the CG is pretty damn terrible as well. As much as I wanted to continue watching the series, I kept getting constantly frustrated and annoying by the characters and there decisions and dialogue, the subplots and other things. A high concept drama gone wrong. Expand
  9. Jun 25, 2013
    I was very impressed with the pilot episode, the casting choices are spot on and the characters are all compelling and likable. It's well written and paced, the acting is really good. So far so good, it's shaping up to be a hit summer show.
  10. Nov 17, 2013
    The show was very promising at the first two or three episodes, but went downhill on later episodes to the finale. It's just so ridiculous. The only good actor in the show is Mike Vogel. The rest of the cast are making the show looks like a comedy to me. A total mess.
  11. Aug 3, 2013
    The roles the actors are asked to play are not characters, they are caricatures, thinly draw yet at times comically over exaggerated. The insanely jealous 'boyfriend' is the worst of many examples. No matter how good a story might be (and I won't even stick around to see how the story evolves) I cannot get past such a flaw in the writing.
  12. Jul 2, 2013
    10 mins in to the second episode is all I need. It's is a kick-ass series that's a definite keeper. Everything about it is done brilliantly. With the writing and the casting, the suspense is kept throughout.
  13. Sep 2, 2013
    I'm a Stephen King fan and a sci-fi fan so I gave the show a good chance. I never read the book. I'm on episode 11 of season 1. Sadly I think I've gotten to the point where my curiosity about the dome no longer outweighs how badly I feel about the boring story, the dull characters, the poor acting, and the unimaginative writing. Under the Dome is bad television and I expect that if II'm a Stephen King fan and a sci-fi fan so I gave the show a good chance. I never read the book. I'm on episode 11 of season 1. Sadly I think I've gotten to the point where my curiosity about the dome no longer outweighs how badly I feel about the boring story, the dull characters, the poor acting, and the unimaginative writing. Under the Dome is bad television and I expect that if I force myself to finish watching it for the sake of finding out what the dome actually is, I'll probably be disappointed anyway. Expand
  14. Jul 26, 2013
    While not the best show on TV this is worth watching. Stephen King wrote the book several years ago that this is based on. The special effects are good and the main actors do a good job.
  15. Sep 6, 2013
    I find myself rooting for this show to be better than it has been so far. There are so many unanswered questions, which keeps interest high. Let's hope they eventually get answered.
  16. Sep 17, 2013
    It started out with a lot of potential. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to it. The first two or three episodes were very good, but it gradually went down hill. The acting, for the most part, was average, with a few very good performances and some bad ones in the mix. Same can be said for the writing. And now, instead of being a mini-series like it was supposed to, they've decided toIt started out with a lot of potential. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to it. The first two or three episodes were very good, but it gradually went down hill. The acting, for the most part, was average, with a few very good performances and some bad ones in the mix. Same can be said for the writing. And now, instead of being a mini-series like it was supposed to, they've decided to milk it for a second season (and maybe more, who knows at this point?), leading to an awful season finale. I'm all for cliff hangers, but only if they're well done. This finale was just anti-climatic, and frankly, I'm not sure if I'll tune in next year. Expand
  17. Jul 1, 2013
    I think I have finally reached my limit of dystopian/apocalyptic survival premises in which Conrad's Heart of Darkness is played over and over again. The only thing that's missing here is cannibalism, but maybe if I stick around long enough (fat chance), someone will dine on another. Enough already.
  18. Aug 21, 2013
    Initially hated this show, gave it a 3 rating. I stuck with it due to running out of good shows to watch. After 5 eps I'd say it finds it's feet. The characters are no longer irritating and the story progresses well.
    People say it's the new Lost.. but this is more clear cut and definite. So don't let the comparisons put you off. This seems like it's much more cleverer and not making it up as they go along.
  19. Jul 1, 2013
    Under the Dome is a solid new TV series that has the potential to be a success. It reminded me a lot of the earlier CBS series Jericho, which also depicted a small town cut off from the outside world (by nuclear attacks, instead of a mysterious dome structure). The plot is riveting, and viewers will feel as if they themselves are trapped under the dome with the characters. The show has aUnder the Dome is a solid new TV series that has the potential to be a success. It reminded me a lot of the earlier CBS series Jericho, which also depicted a small town cut off from the outside world (by nuclear attacks, instead of a mysterious dome structure). The plot is riveting, and viewers will feel as if they themselves are trapped under the dome with the characters. The show has a few weaknesses, mainly regarding the characters (some of whom are a little annoying) and the general reaction of townspeople to the dome (in reality they wouldn't react so calmly). Still, the show offers a unique premise and could end up becoming a summer hit. Expand
  20. Oct 19, 2013
    HUGE fan of the book. One of my all time favorites. Im not sure how I feel about the tv adaptation but i'll be watching season 2 to see how it plays out. What started off as an accurate adaptation of the novel is now unrecognizable. Don't know if I like that or not
  21. Oct 3, 2013
    Stephen King's book wasn't great and was definitely overblown, but the story was sound even if the style wasn't. This rather insulting adaptation which takes many a liberty with the original is full of cliches, irritating characterisations and cloying sentimentality. In all fairness episode 1 worked really well and the one thing that the show excels at is the special effects. It's allStephen King's book wasn't great and was definitely overblown, but the story was sound even if the style wasn't. This rather insulting adaptation which takes many a liberty with the original is full of cliches, irritating characterisations and cloying sentimentality. In all fairness episode 1 worked really well and the one thing that the show excels at is the special effects. It's all watch ably bad, but tiresomely predictable and oh so p c. Occasionally it even remembers to resemble the book. Expand
  22. Apr 26, 2014
    We had this "mini-series" on our DVR for months and just finished it last night (about 9 months after it broadcast). That should tell you how much it held our interest after the first couple episodes. Generally it's another one of those shows that **** out a mystery to keep the audience coming back. That rarely works for me. And to turn King's book into a multi-season series after theyWe had this "mini-series" on our DVR for months and just finished it last night (about 9 months after it broadcast). That should tell you how much it held our interest after the first couple episodes. Generally it's another one of those shows that **** out a mystery to keep the audience coming back. That rarely works for me. And to turn King's book into a multi-season series after they saw the initial ratings was a mistake. Under the Dome is boring, plodding and rife with unlikable characters. I'll not be back for "season" 2. Expand
  23. Aug 10, 2013
    As much as I wanted to enjoy this, with Jack Bender's directing credentials and being an adaptation of a Steven King novel, it does disappoint. Although some of the performances from the veteran actors were okay, the younger and inexperienced actors come off as cliched and 1 dimensional. Although I mentioned Jack Bender earlier, he did not direct the season premiere, which is unfortunateAs much as I wanted to enjoy this, with Jack Bender's directing credentials and being an adaptation of a Steven King novel, it does disappoint. Although some of the performances from the veteran actors were okay, the younger and inexperienced actors come off as cliched and 1 dimensional. Although I mentioned Jack Bender earlier, he did not direct the season premiere, which is unfortunate seeming as the directing was distinctly average. I also mentioned Steven King, whose adaptations usually result in stellar pieces of writing, here, it falls short. The special effects were also off and detracted from the overall experience. I barely finished the pilot episode and would recommend that you avoid this show. Expand
  24. Sep 19, 2014
    Uma das mais brilhantes series criadas. UTD éuma serie que mexe com a curiosidade de quem assiste. Sem duvida, minha serie favorita. E rezando pra que dure por muito tempo.
  25. Jun 25, 2013
    Bad acting, bad dialogue, bad CGI. Maybe i'm too spoiled with shows like Mad Men/Game Of Thrones/Breaking Bad, still doesn't excuse the pure dreadfulness and it's cheap cliches
  26. Jul 30, 2013
    Teen drama overshadows a decent plot.
    The show catches your eye with the brilliant special effects and gripping narrative but fires blanks in the following episodes. The characters seem very one dimensional and fall short on likeability. The focus is set on unsatisfying micro storylines instead of the juicy macro one.
  27. Jul 18, 2013
    After watching the first two episodes I couldn't understand how Stephen King who I believe is an above average author would create such a simplistic and silly plot. King usually creates quite lifelike and vivid characters, not the kid's play that I saw on television.

So I bought the book...and I can tell you that the series is a not even close to what I've read until now. Well, there's a dome, yep, they got that one right. And some of the character names are the same. But that's basically it.

It's exactly what one would expect from network television these days. A water-downed plot, a few pretty faces and over 10 million people tuning in every week...
  28. Jan 4, 2014
    Awesome effects for a TV show, extra point for that; good writting and cast. I just hope it wont drag so much that I lose interesting. So far i'm itrigued on what IS the dome. Nice work Stephen King!
  29. Jun 25, 2013
    Okay, so let me start out by saying I am a HUGE Stephen King fan and I loved this book.When I heard they were making it into a TV series on basic cable, I was cautiously optimistic. I mean honestly, when is the last time CBS, ABC or NBC had a really good series that wasn't a crime drama?
    That being said, when I watched this the other night I did enjoy it. The effects were pretty good but nothing to write home about. The concept in and of itself is enough to tune in for a few episodes. The characters and the actors who portray them are the problem, however. Most of the actors are quite lackluster and don't live up to the standards set by the likes of HBO, AMC, and Showtime. The characters in the book were all written very well with a few exceptions.
    So, here's to hoping the acting picks up and the pacing is kept fast. Otherwise, this might be just another crappy basic cable show. I don't mean to come of snobbish, but lets be honest. The big 3 haven't produced much of anything worth noting since LOST.
  30. Jul 21, 2013
    I was expecting better after the good pilot, but the following two episodes were very mediocre. I only like the Big Jim character, really, but maybe that's just because I'm a Breaking Bad fan. I am not going to waste my time watching this when I can watch other shows, maybe The Bridge or previously-established shows like Dexter. I'll just read reviews and maybe if it improves Under theI was expecting better after the good pilot, but the following two episodes were very mediocre. I only like the Big Jim character, really, but maybe that's just because I'm a Breaking Bad fan. I am not going to waste my time watching this when I can watch other shows, maybe The Bridge or previously-established shows like Dexter. I'll just read reviews and maybe if it improves Under the Dome will be resurrected. As it stands, this show is Six Feet Under (The Dome). Expand
  31. Aug 30, 2013
    There's not much sci-fi here except for the dome. Otherwise it's a poorly written, clichéd, and predictable melodrama that should be included in the same category as a soap opera. Where and when it's not clichéd, it is so politically correct as to nearly be a cliché. A Lost wannabe, and a washed down version at that. The characters are cardboard and unbelievable, and the drama feels forcedThere's not much sci-fi here except for the dome. Otherwise it's a poorly written, clichéd, and predictable melodrama that should be included in the same category as a soap opera. Where and when it's not clichéd, it is so politically correct as to nearly be a cliché. A Lost wannabe, and a washed down version at that. The characters are cardboard and unbelievable, and the drama feels forced so much so that the actions and thought processes of the characters are simply ridiculous, unbelievable, and very difficult to watch. Expand
  32. Sep 14, 2013
    The premise of the show, being locked under an invulnerable dome, is pretty cool. Unfortunately the show is just kinda dumb after that... the scripted dialogue ranges from generic to awful; the characters are pantomimes, you know exactly whether they're good or bad right up front, and the show lacks any sort of organic development or growth, you just don't get into it like you would on aThe premise of the show, being locked under an invulnerable dome, is pretty cool. Unfortunately the show is just kinda dumb after that... the scripted dialogue ranges from generic to awful; the characters are pantomimes, you know exactly whether they're good or bad right up front, and the show lacks any sort of organic development or growth, you just don't get into it like you would on a better created and wriiten show.everything is so predictable that by the time big jim kills his nth person it's just sort of "meh whatever" time. The actors are fine, im sure they must be desperatre for better dialogue and it sort of shows at times, the cast seems to mail it in in the more recent episodes. havent completely given up on the showas I can think of innumerable examples of shows that get much better once the creators and actors settle in, but a serious overhaul is in order. Frankly the deepest character is the dome itself. Expand
  33. Jul 16, 2013
    This is defiantly the worst show of the summer. The acting and writing is just awful, the plot is predictable, and it is just terribly made. CBS programming has been pretty trashy in the last couple years. This show confirms this for me. If you like decent programming stay away from this show.
  34. Sep 7, 2014
    I watched a couple episodes a long time ago and it looked really lame and boring. The characters were bland and the dialogue was very poor. It was also very slow and boring. I just felt like I was wasting my time watching it and I never will again. You should definitely skip watching this one. Hope this helped.
  35. Dec 13, 2013
    one of the best tv series already created, the cast is amazing and the history too, i wanna read the under the dome book, everyone must see cause its amazing
  36. Oct 6, 2013
    Under the Dome was a passable schlock fest of lowbrow plotting and silly dialogue up until the final episode. I can't express strongly enough how ripped off I feel that the story didn't end or the story arc wasn't at least wrapped up in some way. Sleazy and greedy on the part of the producers. Sadly, I can never get those 13 hours back and I will not return
  37. Jan 6, 2014
    I haven't read the book yet but I'm already disappointed on how the show delivered suspense and thriller (I heard the book has a darker tone). Although the plot is unique, the characters failed to justify it. I'm not saying they're badly acted. I just hated how the character's behaved. On a brighter scale, Under The Dome has good visual effects and a lively atmosphere. I hate to say thisI haven't read the book yet but I'm already disappointed on how the show delivered suspense and thriller (I heard the book has a darker tone). Although the plot is unique, the characters failed to justify it. I'm not saying they're badly acted. I just hated how the character's behaved. On a brighter scale, Under The Dome has good visual effects and a lively atmosphere. I hate to say this but I'll still watch the 2nd season because I'm just dying to know what will happen next. Expand
  38. Jul 28, 2014
    As a fan of the first season, I am very disappointed with season 2... 3 episodes in, likable familiar faces have been killed off, while some other old characters have become inconsistent and incoherent. eg. Ep 1, I believe only Jesus can forgive and forget Big Jim's treachery and hostility so quickly. Norie has become unnaturally hostile and jealous when she should be more curious andAs a fan of the first season, I am very disappointed with season 2... 3 episodes in, likable familiar faces have been killed off, while some other old characters have become inconsistent and incoherent. eg. Ep 1, I believe only Jesus can forgive and forget Big Jim's treachery and hostility so quickly. Norie has become unnaturally hostile and jealous when she should be more curious and helpful to the newly introduced teen character, especially after seeing her actions and personality in season 1. O yeah, and the handful of newly introduced characters as replacements... Expand
  39. Jun 27, 2013
    Under the Dome was the series that I waited the most and hoping to be good, after being disappointed with Bates Motel, Under the Dome pleased me, it was well written, well directed, well acted and the dialogue is good, everything is good so far, I think it is going to be a blast.
  40. Jul 31, 2013
    I'm not interested in the pyhco boyfriend or whose hoarding gas or junk, is this a sci fi or what? The only way i can stand watching this show is recording it and fast forwarding to the interesting bits which are not many. Where is this story going anyway.
  41. Sep 9, 2013
    This is getting more and more stupid I guess they are just going to kill everyone and the only one left will be Big Jim. There is no sense to this. Where did this giant reservior come from in the middle of the town? it is a physical impossibility. Typical Stephen King trash.
  42. Aug 8, 2013
    The only time You care about a character is when you want them to die, so you don't have to watch them anymore. Other than the 2 main male actors, it feels like we are watching extras reading terrible dialogue.

The biggest mystery in the dome is actually the Lesbian family... 3 hard-to-look-at females. You immediately assume that what they lack in looks will be made up for in talent.. but no. Well, at least the same sex family will have an interesting story when isolated in this traditional small town... right? ...WRONG.

If the concept seems intriguing, i strongly suggest reading (or listening) to the book. The show turns a good story into a high school play.
  43. Aug 31, 2013
    Very disappointed that this turned out to be a melodramatic 'people are horrible when cut off from society' show, as opposed to a science fiction show. I thought it would be a loaded with surprizes, mystery, and great characters but in fact became predictable, barely about the mystery and I wasn't cheering for anyone. What kept me watching was that there was some really good acting, IVery disappointed that this turned out to be a melodramatic 'people are horrible when cut off from society' show, as opposed to a science fiction show. I thought it would be a loaded with surprizes, mystery, and great characters but in fact became predictable, barely about the mystery and I wasn't cheering for anyone. What kept me watching was that there was some really good acting, I thought both Britt Robertson (as Angie) and Alexander Koch (as the very disturbing Junior) were very good. I tried to keep it on my schedule, but decided to stop watching after Episode 6 because it just got too disturbing. Expand
  44. Mar 11, 2014
    A very good one, the history have a few good twists, unfortunately I think it will be out of ideas quickly but it manages to keep the interest almost all episodes in the first season.
  45. Mar 15, 2014
    The concept and idea behind the show is exciting and interesting which gave me high hopes for this show, but the writing is terrible and so is some of the acting. Some of the writing is so bad that I almost feel sorry for the people writing this dribble (why wast such a good idea?) and a few of the characters are so excruciating to watch that I don't know if I'll ever bother with seasonThe concept and idea behind the show is exciting and interesting which gave me high hopes for this show, but the writing is terrible and so is some of the acting. Some of the writing is so bad that I almost feel sorry for the people writing this dribble (why wast such a good idea?) and a few of the characters are so excruciating to watch that I don't know if I'll ever bother with season two. i'll just buy the book it's based on instead! Expand
  46. Aug 26, 2014
    Bottom line: this is a terrible show.

No one who has ever seen a TV series can with a serious face appreciate Under the Dome on any level. In fact, comparing this to the dozens of shows I have followed in my life (currently I'm watching 70 different series a year), I'm convinced that Under the Dome is the worst TV series I have ever seen. Giving it a score of one would be too kind.
    Bottom line: this is a terrible show.

The characters are laughably birdbrained. Their decisions make no sense, they change their minds all the time without direction. They get themselves in trouble because they are so massively stupid, and they turn against each other on a whim even though only a second earlier they were friends. Then there are characters who for some reason just disappear for several episodes. The people outside the dome (who for some reason are almost non-existent from the show) can consider themselves lucky for being isolated from this town of morons.

The plot lines are so bad they make me cry. Introduced plot lines are soon forgotten, abandoned or buried for no reason. They leave so many questions unanswered. The challenges that are thrown at the town are faced with the intelligence of a five-year-old and pseudo-scientific solutions. There are so many holes in the plot that it makes Swiss cheese jealous.

But the worst thing has to be the dialogue. There is nothing good to say about it. It is just so absolutely inane. Like during the fifth episode when Jim and Rebecca tried to release a deadly virus to kill a large part of the town population. What did Julia say about this to the townspeople? This: "What Big Jim and Rebecca tried to do yesterday is inexcusable. But it's not unforgivable." What? What kind of stupid comment is that after they tried to kill hundreds of people? The dialogue is completely void of emotion, reason and logic.

Some viewers say we shouldn't take this show too seriously. To them this is just a little bit of fun summer entertainment. Unfortunately this is not the case. There are many shows out there that are made for fun and that don't take themselves too seriously, and yet they manage to make sense. Under the Dome however does not do this. It takes itself too seriously while not making any sense. It is just an appalling insult to human intelligence and should under no circumstances be praised. Even playing Russian Roulette with six bullets in the chamber is more fun than watching this show.

There is no reason for anyone to even call this show "OK", "decent" or "passable". Let's call this what it is: a sad, pathetic excuse for a TV show without any redeeming qualities. I have no idea how on earth a bunch of professional writers and producers have managed to create something this bad. They should hang their heads in shame.
  47. Aug 21, 2013
    This show is not very good. If i didn't see Breaking Bad i wouldn't know how great of an actor Dean Norris is. Rachelle Lefevre is from Revolution and plays pretty much the same type of character she did in that show and its very generic so i have no idea how much she can bring to her work. All the other actors seemingly do their jobs as best they can with a really terrible script. TheThis show is not very good. If i didn't see Breaking Bad i wouldn't know how great of an actor Dean Norris is. Rachelle Lefevre is from Revolution and plays pretty much the same type of character she did in that show and its very generic so i have no idea how much she can bring to her work. All the other actors seemingly do their jobs as best they can with a really terrible script. The problem with "under the Dome" is not the ideas for the world they exist in or the relationships and character choices but how quickly the characters are forced to service the next plot point without really being affected by the last drama they just experienced. Its like the show is going through a checklist of moments they have to hit for drama's sake. So the result is a seemingly very stupid script that doesn't even hold as much logic as a night time soap like "Revenge". Its like a series of short video clips of characters dealing with a bunch of writer's ideas for drama inside this domed town.
    What they should have done (regardless of the book's plot points which i never read) is let the character's choices affect the characters and develop in the character's relationship to how they deal with a few simple choices. There are way way way too many crazy plot developments for each character and the story lines are abandoned by the writing by the end of two episodes. It's as if it all didn't matter because now we are on to the next thing. Its like its written by a twelve year old. This show makes me yell at the screen "really? you just did that and now your going to just move on as if it never happened?"
  48. Dec 28, 2013
    I was excited to see this show based but it ended up a huge disappointment and no better than Harper's Island (itself an atrocious TV serial). The characters in Under The Dome are paper thin to match the story. It is larded with cliche and contrived plot points, things like the following: Person A: "I wonder what the old sheriff was up to" Person B: "Well, he never walked around withoutI was excited to see this show based but it ended up a huge disappointment and no better than Harper's Island (itself an atrocious TV serial). The characters in Under The Dome are paper thin to match the story. It is larded with cliche and contrived plot points, things like the following: Person A: "I wonder what the old sheriff was up to" Person B: "Well, he never walked around without his hat." Person B then takes his hat from the coat rack and looks inside. "Hey, here's a key hidden in his brim." Person A: "I have one just like it, it opens a safety deposit box!" Person B: "Let's go!"
    I'm paraphrasing here, but not by much. This is just about the complexity of the story that runs throughout the entire series. I haven't even finished the final disc...I'm painstakingly making my way through the last few episodes.
    Another example is the town psycho is deputized after performing one nice deed. It makes absolutely no sense. The entire town knows he's a nutter! And there are so many contrived instances of drama, such as one of the police officer's pulling his gun on a crowd because he can't handle the pressure of the Dome. It makes absolutely zero sense, and there's no way a trained officer would crack like that. It's the type of shoe-horned drama that falls so flat it turns the desired moment laughable.
    There are also many "As you know Bob" moments, which is to say that a character says something that would never be said, but only to 'educate' the audience. An early example is how electronics stopped working and one character questions why his watch still works, and the female officer glances over at his watch and 2 seconds later says "I can see that watch is a windup...this must only effect battery operated devices" or some such nonsense that is telegraphed as information for the audience but in fact makes you feel like you're watching a teaching moment on par with Sesame Street.
    These ratings are certainly arbitrary. I gave it a 2. It could be a 1 or a 3 or some variant in-between. The point to bring home is it is very bad television.
    If you are a fan of mindlessly contrived auctioneers such as the aforementioned Harper's Island, or Prison Break, or 24 (though even 24 had some fun moments in the early seasons), then this would be right up your alley. But if you like smart television (the things you would see on HBO, AMC, Showtime), then this program is NOT for you.
    The fact that the critics have rated this a higher score than the users is, in fact, mind boggling. Normally I find that the critics have an eye for quality, at least more so than the masses. Here, inexplicably, the lower user score is the more reliable number (though still far too high, IMRO).
  49. Jun 24, 2013
    This show had real potential, but the dramatic element was overshadowed by unlikable characters. Sure, there is a bit of suspense and action every now and again, but at least three quarters of the characters are unbearable to watch. I did enjoy the visual effects and the plot, yet everything was poorly delivered. Maybe it will get better as the show goes on.
  50. Jun 25, 2013
    Speaking as someone who read, listened to rather, and enjoyed the book I am very excited about this show. Going into the first episode my only concerns were the acting and how the camera work was going to look, and it looked great. Not just great for CBS, just great. The large majority of the cast impressed me also, I wish big Jim sounded like he did in the audio book cause Raul EsparzaSpeaking as someone who read, listened to rather, and enjoyed the book I am very excited about this show. Going into the first episode my only concerns were the acting and how the camera work was going to look, and it looked great. Not just great for CBS, just great. The large majority of the cast impressed me also, I wish big Jim sounded like he did in the audio book cause Raul Esparza totally nailed it, but I'll give old Hank Schrader a shot. The story is going to unfold into some creepy twists and turns and the naysayers are going to come around. This will potential be better than 96% of any of Stephen King adaptations on Film or TV. Expand
  51. Jul 2, 2013
    Sorry.....I'm a huge fan of the book and these re-writes are TERRIBLE. There's a big reason why Stephen King is mega-famous and the writers of this show are not. Horribly disappointed. Read the book....it's amazing.
  52. Aug 12, 2013
    I finally turned it off. Stupid people doing stupid things for no apparent reason. It's like half the town is brain dead and just doing whatever without a plan. The rest rape, steal and murder with impunity. If this is a true metaphor for how mankind is dealing with limited resources then we are all in big trouble.
  53. Aug 22, 2013
    I wanted to like this show... But like so many before it in this genre (Jericho, Revolution, Defiance, et al) it was a complete fail. Characters making irrational choices, forced uninspired and uninteresting crisis moments, trope after trope, one dimensional characters, HORRIBLE acting (even by historically good actors), poor CGI, and awful dialogue. The premise is the only potentiallyI wanted to like this show... But like so many before it in this genre (Jericho, Revolution, Defiance, et al) it was a complete fail. Characters making irrational choices, forced uninspired and uninteresting crisis moments, trope after trope, one dimensional characters, HORRIBLE acting (even by historically good actors), poor CGI, and awful dialogue. The premise is the only potentially exciting aspect of the show. How do these writers, directors, and producers get their jobs? Have they ever watched Game of Thrones or Walking Dead to see how it SHOULD be done? They would have done better giving a first year film class the project. Waste of time. So sad-- it's my favorite genre. Expand
  54. Sep 4, 2013
    I admit, there's a certain satisfaction in watching this series disintegrate over the last few months. The initial premise was more than interesting enough to make up for the deficiencies, but over time as essentially nothing happens to advance the plot--and it's taken 11 episodes to get 8 days into the story--you can no longer ignore the problems. I'm not on set, of course, but you haveI admit, there's a certain satisfaction in watching this series disintegrate over the last few months. The initial premise was more than interesting enough to make up for the deficiencies, but over time as essentially nothing happens to advance the plot--and it's taken 11 episodes to get 8 days into the story--you can no longer ignore the problems. I'm not on set, of course, but you have to lay blame at the feet of the director.

The worst problem is probably the wooden acting. Even the kids, for whom this could be a breakout performance, are so clearly phoning it in that it's laughable. But without any acting to distract you, the innumerable issues with the plot and continuity are just that much easier to notice. It's just full of fundamental logistical and environmental inconsistencies which you could ignore, except they supposedly play a role in the plot. Where is the water coming from? Why is the power still on? Remember the giant bomb? Were there no consequences? Aren't there like 5,000 people in this town? Where are they all? Do their toilets still flush?

It's a complete train wreck, almost unbearable to watch as it progresses.
  55. Sep 10, 2013
    This is an awesome show that I have enjoyed frequently every single week I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see more I cant get enough since many other networks are cutting the good stuff and putting crap up this is one of the only shows I actually watch anymore
  56. Jul 10, 2014
    Under the Dome is getting a bit bizarre--and I love it. Big Jim is apparently being deified by some of the citizens of Chester's Mill. Watch out! Stephen King's stories often have a theological undertone: "God vs. Satan" or simply "Good vs. Evil". (God and Good usually win out.) Watch and listen closely. King manages to sneak in a "message" before the reader or, in this case, theUnder the Dome is getting a bit bizarre--and I love it. Big Jim is apparently being deified by some of the citizens of Chester's Mill. Watch out! Stephen King's stories often have a theological undertone: "God vs. Satan" or simply "Good vs. Evil". (God and Good usually win out.) Watch and listen closely. King manages to sneak in a "message" before the reader or, in this case, the viewer realizes what's happening. This series is not an all-time great, but don't sell it short. Expand
  57. Aug 11, 2014
    I don't even know where to begin with this absolute train wreck. The dialogue is awful, the pacing is off, the acting is at the best of times bad, at the worst of times I would liken it to a 3rd grade play where the kids were given no time to rehearse.

My roommate is obsessed with this show and I've been forced to sit through several episodes of the second season. Now, everybody loves plot twists. Everybody enjoys being thrown tat curve-ball that makes think. The thing is, at some point, the plot twists actually have to start MAKING SENSE. Much like the disjointed **** that was "Lost", "Under the Dome"s writers seem to just sit around in a circle throwing out random ideas. You know what would be cool? Nuclear butterflies! Oh! And psychic visions! And religious zealots! And genetic pathogens! And a dead girl from 1985! And a mysterious chasm under the school that sends you back in time! AND! AND! AND...etc, etc.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was some kind of line drawn between any of this nonsense. There isn't as far as I can tell. Just a group of hack writers with a fistful of crayons and a nice fat paycheck.

After all the critics raved about this show all last year, I thought I was missing something great. This is bar none the worst show I have seen in a number of years. Awful, just awful, it's the television equivalent of a hydrochloric acid enema.
  58. Sep 17, 2014
    This show is so bad, So so bad. I kept thinking it would get better. But after watching the 2nd to last show in season 2 I am speechless at how badly written and clunky and the acting is. It is not even laugh at bad, it is grimace bad.
  59. Aug 22, 2014
    Under the dome is one of my favorite series. With each season and with each new series I'm getting interesting to see. I also hope that there will be more episodes and seasons. I really love this show.
  60. Aug 23, 2014
    Some people really DON'T like this show. Well in my opinion.
    Some people really DON'T like this show. Well in my opinion.
    The characters are indeed clichéd. Rather not very detailed and the acting is not Hollywood like. The OST is a bit of a little mess. Not a big impact on me watching the show. The book isn't like in the series. Sadly the acting is making it fall apart. The storyline (plot); I still don't understand it today after watching all the episodes. A gigantic energy field? Pink stars? Reincarnation? An egg which glows pink like it's radiated? Huh. I don't understand it at all. The book may have explained it better. I still enjoy it though. I like how it goes on and gives me a kind of action like feeling some times. May not be a good series but I still will watch it.
  61. Sep 21, 2014
    Flat cheezy characters with motives that have to be completely transparent... Retread archetypes that you've seen in 50 previous shows... Bad guys are a politician and a hipster kid... Yes this is tv for yokel morons.
  62. Sep 25, 2014
    This may not be the worst TV series ever, but it ranks right up there. Horrible acting, hackneyed dialogue ("this is what the dome wants," "the dome has chosen me," yadda-yadda). It's like they they cribbed themes from "Lost" and "Heroes" and transmogrified them into the most inane drivel. It boggles one's mind that somebody would put up all the millions it took to produce two seasons ofThis may not be the worst TV series ever, but it ranks right up there. Horrible acting, hackneyed dialogue ("this is what the dome wants," "the dome has chosen me," yadda-yadda). It's like they they cribbed themes from "Lost" and "Heroes" and transmogrified them into the most inane drivel. It boggles one's mind that somebody would put up all the millions it took to produce two seasons of this series, or that the network would give it all that air time. I can't believe I wasted two seasons watching this potboiler. Since things were left hanging in the season finale, one assumes there will be -- God knows why -- a third season. Which you could not pay me to watch. Will the townspeople escape the dome? Will everyone live happily ever after? What does the dome REALLY want? Does anyone remotely care? Not I... Expand
  63. Jul 23, 2014
    The first episodes where great, after that it kept the tension up for the rest of season 1.

But, enter season two. That was the great decline into product placement and worse storylines. It became barely tolerable to watch, but the episode that did it for me was the one in which the cast chased some magic 3G/wi-fi signal, that somehow penetrated the dome (even when a MOAB bomb

It became barely tolerable to watch, but the episode that did it for me was the one in which the cast chased some magic 3G/wi-fi signal, that somehow penetrated the dome (even when a MOAB bomb couldn't get trough in season one), with their Windows (tm) 8 (c) tablets, and spending close to 5 minutes of screentime showing off how awesome those tablets are, and how nice and easy it is to read e-mails on them!

Another series that seems to think it's viewers are mindless zombie-consumers.

Shame on you, Stephen King.
  64. Jun 26, 2013
    Pilot does prove that the show has some potential, but I did feel that the acting was pretty poor. I think it's worth checking out a few episodes, especially because there isn't much competition during the summer.
  65. Jun 25, 2013
    The premise of the show is interesting but it is spoilt by some very poor characters played by B grade actors. Also the CGI is woeful. The various storylines are very cliched.
  66. Oct 2, 2013
    Watched it for whole 13 episodes and I must say I am very disappointed. There are two plus sides to this show:

1. The dome concept 2. CGI effects Other then that it is a ride downhill from every week, ending with a really stupid cliffhanger. If you think that acting is off, that script is strange and that some things and events do not make sense wait for last three episodes of

1. The dome concept
    2. CGI effects

Other then that it is a ride downhill from every week, ending with a really stupid cliffhanger. If you think that acting is off, that script is strange and that some things and events do not make sense wait for last three episodes of season one.

The show is ridden with B soap opera cliches and plot points. Did you see a movie or a show where somebody does something for a long time only to have the crucial thing randomly happens when major character just goes by to say hi? This seems to be a major tool for people writing this. Do you hate movies where people do not use obvious tools like using phone to call for help only so that such an act does not interfere with some weird plot twist? This TV Show will make you pull your hair out. Do you hate when characters have totally pathetic and meaningless exchanges like this one?
    A: "You have to follow his car"
    B: "Why"
    A: "Because it can be important for the future of the city"
    B: "OK"
    Then prepare yourself for quite a ride. Honestly I am so surprised that I managed to watch this until the last episode. That is the testament of a good idea and the setting that really hooked me up. This is also the reason why it has such a high score by critics who probably rated it after just seeing first episode. But in case you are a little bit more demanding after watching some pretty good shows please do yourself a favor and pass this one. You will save yourself from a disapointment.
  67. Jul 14, 2013
    I had a feeling it will be like this. B grade actors so that makes them shallow and emotionless bad writing makes the characters stupid but they can work on it, dreadful CGI...blah after 3 episodes i don't think il be seeing it anymore.
  68. Jun 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Read the book and loved it! The TV series so far in episode 1 is a little different than the book, but being a BIG Stephen King fan, I still like it. Stephen King read the scripts and has been on site during filming, so if he is happy with how it is, then I'm happy as well. Too many Stephen King fans expect the books to be exactly like the movie, which they are not. Be happy for him if you are a true fan! Expand
  69. Jun 26, 2013
    While the plot of the show is intriguing, the characters of this show are sub-par and lack real talent. It will be interesting to see how the characters grow and mature. For the summer, this should be a mid-level show..
  70. Jun 30, 2013
    I have tried to come up with a reasonable review but the only thing I can think of is disappointment. Read the book, the acting is much better and the scenery is superior too.
  71. Jul 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It’s a dome!!!?? DID they just call it a dome?? Were trapped in a dome!! That was a MAJOR plot line in the first two episodes. Glad the characters in the show had fun figuring that out but I found it painful to watch, and annoying at how it really would make a difference in the grand scheme of things; does the outside world have any less to worry about than whoever is trapped inside. There is an invisible force field thingy on earth. OMG DID HE JUST CALL IT A DOME? Awkward. If I was on the outside of the dome it’s not like I would just go back to eating my cheerios, it would have a global affect; but he called it a dome!! ok ill drop it.. What about Duke. Earth starts shaking your pace maker turns off, the cities power is cut, phones don’t work, TV and radio is down, and 4 people get shocked when they touch it, yet you still casually walk over to it and touch it. Pop goes the pacemaker and you’re dead. Derp. I love it when the officer at the bridge scene puts her hand to her ear like the reporters need to speak up, then motions to her neck like she can’t talk or answer their questions. Then she just throws her arms up exasperated as obviously there are no remaining forms of communication available to people separated by a see through barrier.. oh gawd... This reminds me of the tennis ball scene. This is a real gem, (throw like a girl much?haha) She’s getting angry that they don’t interpret her throwing a ball at the barrier over and over as her way of wanting to talk. That is how reporters get questions answered!! This show is so bad. So then she storms off to the radio tower obviously! And the timing that some things happen, like her arriving at the radio tower just in time to hear the transmission, which led to her epic broadcast that they are indeed trapped in a dome.. I won’t comment further; another perfect timing was right b4 the fire scene where the guy comes out of huge forest along a long stretch of road at the exact spot where two police cars meet. There are so many other bad plot lines and acting, I was getting excited when big Jim showed up with the tractor, but according to the bad writing simply breaking the house down was going to stop the fire which had already spread. I thought he was going to get ahead of the fire and rip up the dry grass or something like that. One last question, who refers to their fiancé as ‘that dog’ That dog told me I had to settle for Niagara Falls! Roll me over in a barrel. Wait one more, how did the reporter chick (who now is giving updates over the radio station) conclude that the dome isn’t radioactive?!?! Wtf? K last one, councilor drives in front of tractor, best tractor driver acting ever by the way, and I mean ever, yells stop. Tractor stops. Gets out of car, slowly pans out and yells to stop two more times. Tractor still not moving.. Then the two kids roll up on scientists who totally ignore them as they spray water on the dome, in the middle of nowhere as well might I add, and the kids still happen upon them just in time to figure out that the dome acts like a sieve. Oh wait last one I promise: The Lenny Cravitz look alike was listening to the army chatter the whole time and didn’t conclude that the military was just as confused about the dome as they were and that some other forces were at work… So many more..This show sucks Expand
  72. Jul 5, 2013
    I read the book, I am a big Stephen King, and there have been the occasional King book that has been translated effectively to film but rarely. I still held out hopes for this project, since it had the length to tell the story in detail, and CBS clearly lavished funds toward it. But I was surprised by the inferiority and mediocrity of the project, from casting to camerawork to script.I read the book, I am a big Stephen King, and there have been the occasional King book that has been translated effectively to film but rarely. I still held out hopes for this project, since it had the length to tell the story in detail, and CBS clearly lavished funds toward it. But I was surprised by the inferiority and mediocrity of the project, from casting to camerawork to script. It had such a B quality about it, from the first frame and that surprised me most. It's not that the actors weren't familiar to me, or that they weren't major names, but their characterizations were so flat and generic, like soap opera characters. Additionally, as the intersection of actor and scripted character, they were also unsympathetic and unappealing. When I considered giving the second episode a shot, part of what deterred me is that I didn't like the characters enough to care. They were abrasive, unlikeable, unappealing, unsympathetic, opaque. I just didn't really care. They weren't real people, but caricatures "tough female reporter" "hunky troubled stubbled lead" "snarly older town boss" "Latina woman cop" etc. The camerawork was cheese. All the formulaic pans and closeups, and whatever else network TV does. Network cinematographers must do these camera maneuvers in their sleep, and dream of breaking free of the cliches. The script was flat and obvious pulling what I imagine were the most obvious plot-forwarding lines, or condensing into cliches. Stephen King is a brilliant underrated writer. The lines were soap-opera level. Ultimately, what was tense and atmospheric and quirky in print was mediocre soap-opera with network pacing leading to commercial breaks. Yuk. Yuk. Yuk. For a superior small-screen adaptation of Stephen King's vision, check out "The Mist." Expand
  73. Jul 7, 2013
    It seems like the show's creators have been living under a dome. Do the creators of a network series like this even watch TV? If so, obviously not shows like Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, etc. It's hard to point out exactly where this series goes wrong because there is so much wrong here. The script is so transparent, the exposition so clumsy,It seems like the show's creators have been living under a dome. Do the creators of a network series like this even watch TV? If so, obviously not shows like Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, etc. It's hard to point out exactly where this series goes wrong because there is so much wrong here. The script is so transparent, the exposition so clumsy, it's painful to watch the actors go through the motions of their flat, clichéd characters. They seem uninspired and bored. It feels like I'm watching a soap. Even the soundtrack is like a soap. Sad. Dumb. Sad. Et tu, Speilberg? Expand
  74. Jul 7, 2013
    Lame. Any scifi fan worth their salt can should be able to figure out where the dome came from in the first 20 minutes (or les). Except for the overall situation (being trapped under the dome), all the major scenes have been lifted directly from some other series. Examples: Charming accidental murderer being taken in by the victim's red-headed reporter wife. Too-good looking psychoLame. Any scifi fan worth their salt can should be able to figure out where the dome came from in the first 20 minutes (or les). Except for the overall situation (being trapped under the dome), all the major scenes have been lifted directly from some other series. Examples: Charming accidental murderer being taken in by the victim's red-headed reporter wife. Too-good looking psycho boyfriend stalks waitress ex-girlfriend. Jeff Fahey in a beard. You get the idea. Expand
  75. Jul 7, 2013
    What a poor and distasteful interpretation of Stephen King's suspenseful novel. Even if you have not had the chance to read the novel please do not make your judgements of the book based off of your like or dislike of the show. It's an extremely loose adaptation at best. The show only preserves the names of the characters and the concept from the original text. The show aside from the bookWhat a poor and distasteful interpretation of Stephen King's suspenseful novel. Even if you have not had the chance to read the novel please do not make your judgements of the book based off of your like or dislike of the show. It's an extremely loose adaptation at best. The show only preserves the names of the characters and the concept from the original text. The show aside from the book is a pathetic example of quality television and writing. Within the first 30 minutes of the first episode we're introduced to too many characters through too much poorly executed exposition with cheap dialogue delivered by stale acting. How this show is gaining popularity is beyond me however, after the second episode and reviews from the latter it's proving to be a faulty showing standing on brittle legs ready to collapse at any minute. I have a feeling that after a few more episodes the cracks will bust and the show will completely fall apart. Don't waste your time with this show just hope that maybe a few years down the line real writers and a progressive network will pick up the book and do it justice. Expand
  76. Jul 8, 2013
    The story lines is ok. but this is the only thing that not terrible in Under The Dome. The Chartres are very pathetic, the actors and actress just don't good.
  77. Jul 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You Stephen King fans out there: "Under The Dome" Spoiler Alert! Don't expect the excellent translation to the small screen like they did with "The Stand" or even "Salem's Lot". Hollywood took this masterwork of Mr. King's (his best next to "The Stand" and shoved it through the shredder. Then they patched up all of the holes with new characters and added a completely altered story-line. They basically just kept the title. Why tamper with perfection? SKIP THE TV!!! READ THE BOOK! Expand
  78. Jul 18, 2013
    A very promising show with some good actor like Dean Norris (playing Hank Schrader in Breaking bad) but some very cliché character. A good Tv series for the Sundays afternoon.
  79. Aug 5, 2013
    I have never read a Stephen King book and therefore when friends told me about the show I kept an open mind.
    7 episodes in and not much has happened its very boring and the long scenes seem to be padding out a very empty story. Shame as the idea is good in theory but I a not being entertained. So Im done with it now.
  80. Aug 6, 2013
    Nice work! I love these series: just in Stieven King style.
    Keep you good work!
    And don't listen the too zealous "book readers". We already know they score by Game of the Thrones
  81. Aug 6, 2013
    its very very good

since stargate i never be addict to tv show but this one ...

grrr i want to see what the egg do

so im very happy can we pass this tv show 2 or 3 times a week
  82. Aug 10, 2013
    Had this followed Stephen King's book it would have been far better than what is being presented now. I gave the show a chance, and liked it at first, but the ongoing implausible and annoyingly inane characters and plot twists have caused me to disconnect. 1/2 way through Season 1 I learn CBS is renewing for 2nd season already. Jeez! I thought maybe I could get through thisHad this followed Stephen King's book it would have been far better than what is being presented now. I gave the show a chance, and liked it at first, but the ongoing implausible and annoyingly inane characters and plot twists have caused me to disconnect. 1/2 way through Season 1 I learn CBS is renewing for 2nd season already. Jeez! I thought maybe I could get through this stinker in 6 more episodes and wrap up this bad piece of fish, only to learn we are going to get served another helping. I think I am going to be sick, so I am stopping, pulling the plug, disconnecting and stop recording "Under the Dome". I can't waste anymore time on this. Have we not learned our lesson with "Lost"? Expand
  83. Aug 12, 2013
    Its a great tv series although if you don't like it because its not following the book on the website it even says it won't and the fact it will have a different ending so with that in mind I give it a 9 because of the over acting on the character junior
  84. Aug 14, 2013
    I'm a big fan of Stephen King's work, I've been since I was a teenager and I really enjoyed his book so I was quite happy to see that the story would become a TV show. I was hoping to find a replacement for an other TV show I really enjoyed (Stargate Universe) but that got canceled a few months ago, I was kind of hoping Under the Dome would take its place in my heart. The first fewI'm a big fan of Stephen King's work, I've been since I was a teenager and I really enjoyed his book so I was quite happy to see that the story would become a TV show. I was hoping to find a replacement for an other TV show I really enjoyed (Stargate Universe) but that got canceled a few months ago, I was kind of hoping Under the Dome would take its place in my heart. The first few episodes were good and most of the characters were there (with a few differences if I compare with the book) but the last few ones were a bit disappointing in my opinion. It's a bit slow and it looks like they are taking parts of the original story to create each episode. I know some stuff in the book might be to graphic or too violent to be put on TV but it's very different from the original story. The book was sooooo good, I'd love to see more fidelity. I'll keep on watching just to see what will happen next but I'll keep comparing with the book. If you were planning on reading the book, wait until the season is over, you'll enjoy it a little bit more I think! Expand
  85. Aug 18, 2013
    I'm not in the mood to write a very long review, so I'll just be quick with this one and say the maximum I can in few paragraphs. To start with, this show does some really heavy adaptations based on the book, it cuts the huge staff of over 100 characters the book had, into at least a dozen or two of them, and it completely changes every single character, every single one. Some had theirI'm not in the mood to write a very long review, so I'll just be quick with this one and say the maximum I can in few paragraphs. To start with, this show does some really heavy adaptations based on the book, it cuts the huge staff of over 100 characters the book had, into at least a dozen or two of them, and it completely changes every single character, every single one. Some had their names and roles changed, some had a few backstory changes which is the case for Barbie, and some had their characters COMPLETELY changed, I mean it, completely, they have nothing to do with the ones in the book, some of them feel like nice changes, but some... well... some are hard to get into. The backstory behind the Dome changed also and it's most likely that we're gonna have some surprises even for the ones that have already read the book, and these changes were approved by the master himself, Stephen King, so I'm ok with it, but I'm not basing my score on that, I'm basing it on the impressions I had till now, Episode 5 of Under the Dome.
    To start with, the characters in the city seems to understand what the "Dome" is, way quicker than the ones in the book, it actually feels kinda weird, and some of the problems the community of Chester's Mill suffers in the first episodes are kind odd too, like the meningitis plague that happens on the city, and the fail dramatic scenes that come with it, they're just fail attempts to get you worried with the people in the town and more interested in what should come next in the series. About the acting, I was not really impressed, they try to bring this "romance" factor into the series that didn't really existed in the book, and it also feels a bit odd. Overall, if you read the book before watching the series, you may not get that excited, but for a newcomer, it might be a good interesting series to watch while bored.
  86. Aug 20, 2013
    This is one of those instances where a show gets worse episode by episode. It suffers from two common network TV flaws: 1) the premise demands resolution but the series is open-ended. So you get episode after episode with teasing plot threads that go nowhere. 2) the writing is mediocre. Standard melodrama stuff. Under the Dome would have made a much better miniseries.
  87. Aug 20, 2013
    How can Stephen King be a party to this disconnected, uninteresting series? I read the book and it was a real page-turner. This show is so far removed from the story in the book, that I don't even watch it anymore. There's going to be a season 2? That would be dragging it out far too long; but then it really isn't Under the Dome.. Very disappointed.
  88. Aug 20, 2013
    Started with an intriguing event, but keep trickling pieces of it only seconds every show, it has taken a kid I hate when the kid is the smart one and everybody else is a moron) about a week to even think of my first thought, minutes after the discovery of the dome, "a lab? a power plant or something at the centre but we are wasting time in an asylum. the ratio of nuts vs sane people isStarted with an intriguing event, but keep trickling pieces of it only seconds every show, it has taken a kid I hate when the kid is the smart one and everybody else is a moron) about a week to even think of my first thought, minutes after the discovery of the dome, "a lab? a power plant or something at the centre but we are wasting time in an asylum. the ratio of nuts vs sane people is annoying. Expand
  89. Aug 20, 2013
    One of the most difficult-to-watch train wrecks of a show I've had the misfortune of viewing in recent years. I feel badly for the actors; bad direction, terrible cliché writing, flat inconsistent characters even skilled actors would be set up for failure.

Breaking Bad: 74/100 Under the Dome: 72/100 clearly the "metascore" on here is quite meaningless if one of the best shows on television and one of the worst score a mere 2 points apart.
  90. Aug 24, 2013
    This is a fine mini series if you had not read the book. This is poor translation of what I consider one of Stephan Kings best works.

As I watch each episode I wonder why they changed it.
  91. Aug 27, 2013
    Horrendous acting and writing. There is something completely off about this show and it is the setting. Why is no one worried that they are trapped in a dome? No one is rationing food. People are out walking their dogs like it's just another normal day. Main characters are laying in their beds at night reading a book under the light of their bed side lamps. Speaking of which, where isHorrendous acting and writing. There is something completely off about this show and it is the setting. Why is no one worried that they are trapped in a dome? No one is rationing food. People are out walking their dogs like it's just another normal day. Main characters are laying in their beds at night reading a book under the light of their bed side lamps. Speaking of which, where is everyone getting there electricity from? (I know, the whole propane story, but shouldn't they be rationing it for when it is ABSOLUTELY necessary?)

I am baffled that this show gets so many viewers and shows that are truly great get so little in comparison...
  92. Aug 28, 2013
    After a reasonable start to a summer mini, based on a great book by King, now by episode 10, the show has been reduced to drivel, completely disjointed and going nowhere. New characters from out of the woodwork. Even though a sci-fi premise exists, no one is really seeking solution or talking (in print or on screens) with the outside world and demanding action, To think that this townAfter a reasonable start to a summer mini, based on a great book by King, now by episode 10, the show has been reduced to drivel, completely disjointed and going nowhere. New characters from out of the woodwork. Even though a sci-fi premise exists, no one is really seeking solution or talking (in print or on screens) with the outside world and demanding action, To think that this town allows Junior to run around with a badge and a gun is actually silly. Enough. Oh, by the way, they blew up a well so that the town could get some water, and last night "Big Jim" is drowning people in a lake the size of Erie, in a 25' power boat, huh. Expand
  93. Sep 3, 2013
    Good sci-fi is very hard to come by. Whenever something new comes along, I get my hopes up. Considering that the "Under the Dome" TV series is based on Stephen King's novel, my hopes were high. Unfortunately, the quality of the show is not nearly as good as what I've come to expect from King's work.

Episode 1 was just good and unique enough to intrigue (cow scene was great), but after that, it has steadily gone downhill. As a show for thinking adults, much of the writing and acting is very flat, obvious, and painfully dumbed-down. As a show for older children, some subject matter might be inappropriate. It doesn't seem appropriate for any particular audience.

While I have not read the novel that its based on, I cannot imagine that the show gets its bad writing from there. I wish it was much better. Think I'll try the book.
  94. Sep 3, 2013
    Apart from Rachelle Lefevre, Mike Vogel and Britt Robertson, this sow is laughable beyond measure. The dialogue is kindergarten grade and the directing is amateurish. The writing is probably the worst part of it but the cast is a close second with atrocious performances. Too bad there isn't any Razzie Awards for TV shows.
  95. Sep 10, 2013
    I have not read the book. My sister has and she won't give me any hints about future events. I have watched every episode and I am super hooked. I am looking forward to next season and hope it's as good for better as this season. Since the book has a "last chapter"......it will end. How many season will it take to get there is my questions. "Big Jim" is sure a cold fish. Barby isI have not read the book. My sister has and she won't give me any hints about future events. I have watched every episode and I am super hooked. I am looking forward to next season and hope it's as good for better as this season. Since the book has a "last chapter"......it will end. How many season will it take to get there is my questions. "Big Jim" is sure a cold fish. Barby is hot I give this a 9 out of 10 Expand
  96. Sep 13, 2013
    While the whole concept is of course totally preposterous the most preposterous bit of all was when the citizens voluntarily turned in their guns "so they could feel safe". LOL Only in Hollywood could such an idea float, the people of Maine all know that to be safe you absolutely NEED a gun, or several.
  97. Sep 13, 2013
    this is the best show i ever watched since the walking dead.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  98. Sep 14, 2013
    Well, it started dubiously, but with Stephen King source material, there was a little hope for a good series.

8 episodes in, it has descended into the worst kind of fickle, soapy melodrama you could imagine. We are past car crash TV now, and I want those 8 hours back. Quite how Spielberg allows his name to feature in the credits is beyond me. If I was him I would kill the project and issue a public apology. Seriously, this makes Falling Skies look like BSG, which as we all know, it isn't... Give this a miss for your own sanity.
  99. Sep 14, 2013
    I started out really excited about the show. Love the concept! But holy crap...the whole Big Jim killing spree has rendered me as dead as Dody! Cheesy acting from a guy who just came off a great Breaking Bad run. Unbearably slow dialog. The "tension" build ups are just plan boring. I want to know what the dome and egg are, but I can't stand another week of C rated soap opera plot.I started out really excited about the show. Love the concept! But holy crap...the whole Big Jim killing spree has rendered me as dead as Dody! Cheesy acting from a guy who just came off a great Breaking Bad run. Unbearably slow dialog. The "tension" build ups are just plan boring. I want to know what the dome and egg are, but I can't stand another week of C rated soap opera plot. Shame that so many great minds came together to put out such a flat product. Expand
  100. Sep 16, 2013
    All characters are really bad. The history is really not interesting compared to the book. It's a real disaster.
    Why waste so much money on a so bad show ?
    Angie died at the beginning of SK's book, she should have died in this show as the actress doesn't know what to do here... they invented a script for her but it's really a low level one.

1. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Jun 24, 2013
    Not only is it creepy, suspenseful and full of splendid special effects, veteran actors and fresh young faces, but it's laced with big thoughts about environmentalism and the future of the planet.
    You don't immediately sense how all of the characters are connected or how they might eventually become connected--most of the pilot is scene-setting and mood-building--but what's onscreen is compelling.
  3. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Jun 24, 2013
    Based on just one episode, it’s hard to tell how the series will unfold, but the mood, threatening, uneasy, a little kinky, is there, and that just might be enough.