United States of Tara : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 18, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3
7.3

1. Apr 11, 2011
    Season 2 was a major disappointment. It seemed they ran out of idea's towards the end of the season and just added a random cliff hanger, which they did.
  2. Jun 11, 2011
    This season lost the comedy for me, and unlike season 1, season 2 was full of unoriginal twists. I also feel they focused too much on just Tara and the other characters lacked the developing story they deserved, like Kate for example, I literally do not know what is going on with her. I still enjoyed this season though because the concept is brilliant.
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    The first season was great but this season is very slow and boring. Toni Collete is still funny, but I think it was a good move of showtime to cancel it. This is the same situation with an other Showtime show the Big C were it just has gotten bad.
  4. Oct 5, 2013
    Disappointing, considering how much I loved season 1, however, despite its more quirky/bizarre nature, season 2 has a lot to offer. Diablo didn't write as many of the episodes and its easy to tell, but even so season 2 of US of Tara is a lot better than your average comedy.

1. What separates “Tara” from “Jackie,” of course, is that Tara’s family is aware of Tara’s problems and supports her. In creator/writer Diablo Cody’s world, even the most damaged among us can lead healthy lives if they are loved for themselves. That’s a comforting message.
    The conversations are witty without seeming arch or forced, the relationships feel more organic and there are quite a few interesting developments but a distinct lack of franticness.
  3. Whether Tara is herself or someone else (including a new alter), "Tara" works as both a character drama and an absurdist family comedy because the characters are so well-drawn, and because what happened before isn't forgotten as the show moves forward.