• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 14, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2
6.6

1. Sep 25, 2011
    Maybe it's my mood but it's hard to like characters who are full fledged adults, well past their twenties who lie that fast, that often and for high school reasons. It's okay for secondary or tertiary characters to do that, but not the main characters. I know L.A. people can be that way so It probably feels real to the creatives, but it's not cute or endearing.
    Nobody is supposed to
    still be that awkward at that age. They really really like their neighbors because of their looks, and then they immediately call the cops on the party they were invited to? What are we supposed to be rooting for them to win at? The Shallow-lympics? I think they're supposed to be confused about parenting, not about everything in life. I give it 4/10 for the talent assembled, but I think it's already too late to turn things around.

(Full disclosure; I don't find anything interesting about babies. Even if I had my own, I wouldn't want to hear about anybody else's. But that's me.)
  2. Sep 20, 2011
    What was that?! Where was I supposed to laugh?! Please somebody tickle me, for NBCâ
  3. Sep 17, 2011
    Very disappointed in the pilot. Maya Rudolph - too over the top. Will Arnett - usually funny, bland here, seems lost. Christina Applegate isn't much of an actress. and this proves it. But worst was the script - just not funny. Premise seems dated - daddy stays at home to care for the baby. Wife works in TV production - so not the real world. One of the running jokes is that the parents say **** and **** a lot around the baby, which of course gets beeped, and then they say, "we have to stop talking like this around the baby." Once would have been fine, but they keep doing it over and over. Expand
  4. Sep 21, 2011
    This show started fail and ended fail with a few brief moments of what resembled a sitcom in the middle. The jokes were beaten to death over the course of the episode, each being repeated 2 or 3 times and not that funny to begin with. The premise of the show is two unfit parents attempting to raise a child and break their old partying ways. Which works well, if they don't know the kid is coming. However, having had 9+ months to get into fit parent shape, I was left scratching my head and cursing the weak premise and building of the story. After that, the show just gets weird. Strange cinematography and some weird plot lines that develop that have nothing to do with the show. If you can fight through all that, you are treated to about 8 minutes of decent show with repeated jokes framed in such a way that they're kind of funny. Then, the show takes another nose dive just to remind the audience that these parents are still not fit.

Honestly, I think I'll sit this one out. Try Harder!
  5. Sep 21, 2011
    This is very unfunny. Maya Rudolf is so annoying. They need to get rid of her and focus on the cute relationship between the two central characters. Stop trying to make them into people I wouldn't want to know, like the people they are trying so hard to be.
  6. Sep 22, 2011
    Me and my friend were doing something else by minute 10. We decided to eat chips instead and didn't even bother to finish the episode. With a strong show such as Raising Hope against Up All Night in the We're-not-sure-how-to-raise-a-kid genre, All Night is missing the mark by *miles*. With a strong cast, it would've been virtually impossible to miss but they did. The comedy was annoying (take the couple fight in bed as an example) and we didn't even laugh. The story didn't necessarily drag but with such a tired storyline, it indirectly did. I don't think the second episode will be good enough to redeem the pilot. Expand
  7. Nov 1, 2011
    I had this down as being a great show before the start of the series, but it can't keep my attention. The jokes are tired and predictable. I'm sure both Christina Applegate and Will Arnett had better offers on the table.
  8. Dec 7, 2011
    one of the worse shows on this season. How many times a week do they need to show such crap. Nothing like pushing pushing crap down our throats. I know that TV shows are have slowly deteriorated over the last few years, but this one has really hit the bottom of the barrel.
  9. Oct 18, 2012
    i found two episode funny but rest of it i just did not get into it christina applegate was my favorite actress in married with children as kelly but none less if show would get better i watch it guess that why australia has not air this show
  10. Nov 22, 2012
    They bumped Community for this P.O.S. family show. Don't we already have a tons of those shows on tv. Super unoriginal, I expected at least a little comedy from a Will Arnett show....

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Sep 27, 2011
    Up All Night is adorable without being cute. [3 Oct 2011, p.41]
  2. What Up All Night has over other baby-rearing shows is a refreshing irreverence.
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Sep 14, 2011
    Though the Up All Night pilot falls short of great hilarity, the series demonstrates considerable potential.