• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 15, 2011
Season #: 1, 2
6.6

1. Sep 15, 2011
    Not bad, but they gotta reduce screen time for the annoying Maya Rudolph character. This show is trying too hard; just focus on the couple. Will Arnett is excellent.
  2. Sep 25, 2011
    Maybe it's my mood but it's hard to like characters who are full fledged adults, well past their twenties who lie that fast, that often and for high school reasons. It's okay for secondary or tertiary characters to do that, but not the main characters. I know L.A. people can be that way so It probably feels real to the creatives, but it's not cute or endearing.
    Nobody is supposed to
    Nobody is supposed to still be that awkward at that age. They really really like their neighbors because of their looks, and then they immediately call the cops on the party they were invited to? What are we supposed to be rooting for them to win at? The Shallow-lympics? I think they're supposed to be confused about parenting, not about everything in life. I give it 4/10 for the talent assembled, but I think it's already too late to turn things around.

(Full disclosure; I don't find anything interesting about babies. Even if I had my own, I wouldn't want to hear about anybody else's. But that's me.)
  3. Sep 17, 2011
    Bleh. A few cute moments, but a lot of bits that just didn't work. Will Arnett's probably the best thing about this show. But once again, he seems to have found himself on a show that's not really worthy of him. But hope springs eternal, so I'll probably give it one more episode to see if the writer's can find their groove. If not, I'll be done with this one.
  4. Sep 28, 2011
    Although the show now isn't fantastic, I firmly believe it has huge potential. The cast is brilliant and the chemistry between Applegate and Arnett is great; they just need to find Rudolph's place in the whole picture, because now she feels tacked on. With more consistently solid writing and better placement for the characters, this could end up being a great show.
  5. Oct 9, 2011
    I'm not sure how to judge this show in it's infancy. The second episode has been the best so far, so it's pretty much been a roller coaster. Will Arnett is by far the best part of this show with Applegate doing just enough to be enjoyable. Maya Rudolph's character is super lame and goofy. There isn't much on network television besides Modern Family and unfortunately that show sets aI'm not sure how to judge this show in it's infancy. The second episode has been the best so far, so it's pretty much been a roller coaster. Will Arnett is by far the best part of this show with Applegate doing just enough to be enjoyable. Maya Rudolph's character is super lame and goofy. There isn't much on network television besides Modern Family and unfortunately that show sets a very high bar. Expand
  6. Sep 17, 2011
    Boring & Unfunny 'pilot' that i have ever seen in my life ! & the plot is so weak and it wont go anywhere ! They need to make it funny with a perfect script . If not there's a good chance that it will be canceled .
  7. Feb 29, 2012
    The parents can be quite funny and should be the only main characters, but for some reason EVA is too. Eva need to die, shes annoying, not funny and drags the show down.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Sep 27, 2011
    Up All Night is adorable without being cute. [3 Oct 2011, p.41]
  2. What Up All Night has over other baby-rearing shows is a refreshing irreverence.
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Sep 14, 2011
    Though the Up All Night pilot falls short of great hilarity, the series demonstrates considerable potential.