Up All Night : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 15, 2011
Season #: 1, 2
6.6

1. Sep 30, 2011
    Really, really, funny! Great cast and great writing! The plot is a little rough but it will get better. It's not as good as Parks and Recreation (the best show onTV) but I still make time to watch this one.
  2. Sep 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Facing your first little old lady that wanted to talk to the baby was hilarious. I felt his fear. I will be back to watch. Balances old life and new life very well. Expand
  3. Sep 21, 2011
    I've always really liked Will Arnett but it seems he doesn't get any traction other than in Arrested Development. I didn't care for Christina Applegate when she was young but I really like the new stuff she's done including this show.

This is one of the few new shows that actually gets me to smile. I will continue to watch it.
  4. Sep 19, 2011
    A pretty decent new show. Trying to break new ground can be tough when there really isn't a base to go on. Shows like Modern Family and Big Bang Theory made it through their first seasons relying on some kind of crutch. It's tough to get people hooked on a show using only solid writing and premise without any flash value. Christina Applegate will do a great job creating some depth as theA pretty decent new show. Trying to break new ground can be tough when there really isn't a base to go on. Shows like Modern Family and Big Bang Theory made it through their first seasons relying on some kind of crutch. It's tough to get people hooked on a show using only solid writing and premise without any flash value. Christina Applegate will do a great job creating some depth as the lead and Will Arnett will always be funny, it will take a team of cracked out monkeys to make him not funny. One thing that could kill the show is Maya Rudolph's character, she is a bit over the top but I have a feeling that Lorne Michaels knows how far to take such a character. If Up All Night can maintain the level it had in the pilot it should offer some pretty good laughs and will make it's way onto my roster for this year. But what do I know, I stopped watching Game of Thrones after two episodes. Expand
  5. Sep 15, 2011
    This is by no means the funniest show on TV, but it has laid out some good ground to become one of NBC's better comedies. The performances of Applegate and Arnett as a married couple is brilliant and extremely believable. Maya Rudolph will most likely gain scene-stealer status if the writers decide to use her well and give her good material. I will continue watching.
  6. Sep 27, 2011
    One of the better new sitcoms, has potential, Christina Applegate´s character is very lovable, the chemistry between the two main characters is good. There is some work to be done but the pilot has won me over!
  7. Dec 15, 2011
    This show is not as good as I wish it was... but I have faith that it will get better as it settles into its first season. The whole cast is superb but Maya Rudolph is the reason I watch the show.
  8. Jun 13, 2012
    A funny, sweet and light story that most people can relate to it. Just by watching it until the last episode makes you feel more engrossed to the show and I really loved it. Ava-Kevin loveteam is pretty much interesting too. Hoping for season 2. :)
  9. Apr 11, 2013
    NBC's hit series "Up All Night," which has been nominated for several awards (including Satellite Awards and The People's Choice Awards), has unfortunately been on hold and rumored to be cancelled due to a conflict of interest with their producer and lead actress Christina Applegate. This show been one of the funniest TV series recently aired, which is why it is undeniably worthy of aNBC's hit series "Up All Night," which has been nominated for several awards (including Satellite Awards and The People's Choice Awards), has unfortunately been on hold and rumored to be cancelled due to a conflict of interest with their producer and lead actress Christina Applegate. This show been one of the funniest TV series recently aired, which is why it is undeniably worthy of a review.
    The lead character Reagan, played by Christina Applegate in “Up All Night,” has imitated the image of an overwhelmed, incredibly attractive mother struggling with several humorous responsibilities from the lead actress Jules played by Courtney Cox's in ABC's "Cougar Town”. Reagan's authentic performance resonates comfortably to the viewers with a lovable, quirky behavior. Jules, however, over-acts into a flimsy character that is unconvincing and almost embarrassing to watch. Aside from the clear distinctive acting styles from these two leading characters, the scoring throughout the episodes of "Cougar Town," is annoyingly unnecessary while "Up All Night," applies a minimal musical frame of reference that synchronizes as needed while enhancing each character's dialogue and body language. Nevertheless, the reason behind the success of "Cougar Town," is due to its popular topic in today's pop-culture trends. Why are older women dating much younger men? Even though Jules mechanically reads her script with an exaggerated hyper-active tone, this series still delivers its ratings due to its theme that has been leaving people curious for many years. Either Courtney Cox is rushing to use the washroom in certain scenes, or she truly does not embrace her character genuinely.
    The only blatant colorless writing in “Up All Night,” is the repetitive indecisive actions of Reagan and her husband Chris (played by Will Arnett) before its opening theme or during the show. It was cute at first, but eventually magnifies into an irritating motif. Nevertheless, many faithful viewers of “Up All Night,” are still hoping that this hilarious sitcom returns to NBC.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Sep 27, 2011
    Up All Night is adorable without being cute. [3 Oct 2011, p.41]
  2. What Up All Night has over other baby-rearing shows is a refreshing irreverence.
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Sep 14, 2011
    Though the Up All Night pilot falls short of great hilarity, the series demonstrates considerable potential.