• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 7, 2014
4.1

1. Sep 8, 2014
    Utopia on Fox is just a bad project, I had to turn the channel. If Fox wants a great show, pick up Longmire from those dumbasses at A&E. It makes Big Brother look good. lol.

I'm hoping you see the critic's reviews and kill the show!
  2. Sep 22, 2014
    Tired of this formula. It's like show execs these days sit around a table coming up good ideas but just executing them so poorly. "Hey, lets throw a bunch of people that are polar opposites into a cage with a chicken leg and watch the hilarity unfold." The concept in and of itself is good. But why populate Utopia with people that'll just clearly clash? I get it, you want the drama. ButTired of this formula. It's like show execs these days sit around a table coming up good ideas but just executing them so poorly. "Hey, lets throw a bunch of people that are polar opposites into a cage with a chicken leg and watch the hilarity unfold." The concept in and of itself is good. But why populate Utopia with people that'll just clearly clash? I get it, you want the drama. But it's old, stale, etc... evolve. Expand
  3. Sep 13, 2014
    I watched the entire first episode and it was dreadful. I was expecting a group of people trying to work together to form a better society. What the show turned out to be was a group of social misfits all who seem to have anger issues. It seems that whoever cast this thought conflict would equal ratings. Dreadful.
  4. Sep 14, 2014
    Wow. Just when you thought network TV couldn't sink any lower, Fox proves you wrong. The preacher man isn't a bad fellow, but there are no really likable characters on this show. THESE are the people they came up with after an exhaustive search? Clearly, they went for obvious reality-TV stereotypes and now they are stuck with a group that reminds you more of horror film patsies waiting toWow. Just when you thought network TV couldn't sink any lower, Fox proves you wrong. The preacher man isn't a bad fellow, but there are no really likable characters on this show. THESE are the people they came up with after an exhaustive search? Clearly, they went for obvious reality-TV stereotypes and now they are stuck with a group that reminds you more of horror film patsies waiting to be slaughtered than contestants in an intelligent scheme. What a waste. Made for people who move their lips when they read the funnies. Expand
  5. Sep 18, 2014
    The sad thing is that this show *might* have had some potential if they had actually attempted to cast it for it's purported purpose "to create an ideal social structure." I don't think most of these contestants have ever given this a moments thought-- even after being cast for this show. They all behave as if they are vying to be the most obnoxious cast member on the dumbest realityThe sad thing is that this show *might* have had some potential if they had actually attempted to cast it for it's purported purpose "to create an ideal social structure." I don't think most of these contestants have ever given this a moments thought-- even after being cast for this show. They all behave as if they are vying to be the most obnoxious cast member on the dumbest reality show. I've only watched it because i know one of them. Otherwise I wouldn't have watched more than 5 minutes of the first episode. A toothless hillbilly? Really? A preacher there to convert people? Really? Unstable personalities with trigger reactions? -- These people were cast for one reason only, to create the basest kind of drama. What a colossal waste of money and time. Expand
  6. Sep 15, 2014
    Could the show be any more boring and slow. The idea is great but the host is horrible and the contestants of course were picked for their "big" personalities. Unfortunately none of them are likable. At this point I could care less about any of them staying or even creating a Utopia. BORING!!! Fox this is a fail already - move on don't spend any more time or money. No one cares
  7. Sep 22, 2014
    Despite certain reviews, for myself, Utopia is an original experiment that could be considered an important observation upon modern day people. It's catching to see how individuals will go about forming a community where they can each find their own freedom and peace. I feel this is truly an important show for our current lives based on our struggles with economy and hopes for greenDespite certain reviews, for myself, Utopia is an original experiment that could be considered an important observation upon modern day people. It's catching to see how individuals will go about forming a community where they can each find their own freedom and peace. I feel this is truly an important show for our current lives based on our struggles with economy and hopes for green changes. Though technology is loved, appreciated, and even vital, people need to be challenged to remember how to cope without those technologies and I think this show is an intriguing way to expose those privileges. I can't wait to see how these people figure out how to maintain their survival and comfort. Hopefully, they will learn to create their own gadgets and establish their own sources of nutrition! Expand
  8. Sep 12, 2014
    I LOVE this show!!! Can't get enough!! Highly recommend!!! Best show on the major networks! Don't trust these idiots that put 0 down!! Give it a chance and you will be hooked like a crack addict!!
  9. Sep 23, 2014
    This could have been really great, if they had shown positive sides to people. As it is, I have to assume the producers picked the 15 most contentious people they could find, and chose them for the start. Honestly, I need a positive show with some drama, some reality, some positive messages and some fun people. I do not need the fighting and language, and it seems like they just set theThis could have been really great, if they had shown positive sides to people. As it is, I have to assume the producers picked the 15 most contentious people they could find, and chose them for the start. Honestly, I need a positive show with some drama, some reality, some positive messages and some fun people. I do not need the fighting and language, and it seems like they just set the initial cast up for that reason alone.

I had hoped this was Kid Nation for adults, but it's far worse than I expected. My only hope is that the new blood will eventually bring in the positive vibes. If not, and it deteriorates again, I'm outta here. My wife is already outta there. I can take it a few more weeks, I think.

By the way, that Bella woman is absolutely insane. She needs help, not a TV show.
  10. Oct 22, 2014
    I want to know why the Huntress is busy shooting hay bails and not shooting any game for them, red was a pain in the ass but was very useful, he went out and got a Deer...
    The one girl that never worked should have been kicked off, a bit of a whore!!
    It is fun watching them all argue over the lamest things, a poor example of how not to make things work.
  11. Dec 29, 2014
    Do not trust the negative critics.

First of all you MUST not get scared from the violence or spatter contents. And then you'll figure out how astonishingly is well script the storyline overall, finding yourself to justify those act that may seem brutal. One of the best series unfortunatly not known, with also awards to boast of.

1. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Sep 11, 2014
    Fox executives could have saved substantial production costs and achieved basically the same boring result by filming 14 randy monkeys in a cage containing only 10 bananas.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Sep 10, 2014
    Even as Utopia promises to never, ever live up to its name, its funhouse-mirror reflections of the fault lines--religion, class, politics--in our own larger, obviously imperfect society make for fascinating TV, if only occasionally.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Sep 8, 2014
    While raw and weird have certainly yielded dividends in the past, please let’s not kid ourselves: If Utopia has any legs at all, it will as a cable-style freakshow, not some grand “experiment” in democracy.