• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 3, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2
6.5

1. Jun 22, 2011
    Amazing show. Compared to recent crap that has come out. I want this back! The computer animation is spot on (compared to new shows like Falling Skies), the acting is way beter overall. Characters like Morena Baccarin, and Morris Chestnut make it all worth the watch (no body is terrible like on a Sci Fi show, The Event, or Falling Skies). Another great part about this series is that the directing is very up to date with filming and executing suspense scenes. It get's very suspenseful when characters break in to the ship.

The best part about the V script is it is one of the most logical sci-fi scripts ever. It makes the most sense. If an Alien race wanted to destroy us, the best way would to trick us by healing and suck us in. Not wage war.

It's sad that this failed, and it failed for one reason. It was a remake. And an older audience obviously attacked this, like they would any series for not being perfectly like the original. This is one of the best shows in the last 5 years. It blows away any Sci Fi show and is better than a lot of crappy sci-fi movies.
  2. Dec 23, 2012
    When I saw the first episode on TV I thought it was a movie. It's a great series (of the best and seen). Too bad they canceled the third season.

No gold mine of symbolism is worth a damn when the show itself doesn’t have good old storytelling mojo behind it. And, based on the premiere, V has enough narrative drive and character definition to pull viewers into the creepy suspense of its dystopian world.
  2. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    Judging by the first episode, V seems like a solid adaptation.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    As an adventure series bristling with ideas, it's V+. Or as we grade 'em on Earth: B+