Vanished : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Aug 21, 2006
5.0

1. LyleM
    May 14, 2007
    Fair to poor. Would-be clever scenes tacked together to look like a thrilling TV show, but not making much sense. Characters all over the map but not really going anywhere. Frantically dull. I didn't keep watching when it changed times. The finishing up on a website was good for a laugh, though.
  2. ElliotM
    Dec 2, 2006
    Well, thank god the worst show of all time has been cancelled. The writing, directing, and most particularly, the acting, absolutely sucked. None of these actors should ever be cast again, particularly the ones playing the daughter and her boyfriend. They were especially awful. I hope never to see them again.
  3. MiguelQ
    Oct 9, 2006
    Bad enough...now add 'Esai Morales' and call if Cancelled.
  4. LuisL
    Horrible, no thanks.
  5. AlmaS
    Oct 9, 2006
    Should be re-named 'Cancelled'
  6. SaraP
    Awful....
  7. RosaR
    Oct 9, 2006
    Poor Script, not worth watching...All they have to do is add an 'amateur' actor like Esai Morales...then the series will 'Vanish.'
  8. TrixieJ
    Sep 21, 2006
    Quality deteriorating. Plot muddled. Acting not good from any actor.
  9. peterm
    Sep 13, 2006
    The worest show yet from fox. where is 24?
  10. PhilS
    Sep 12, 2006
    they hyped it so much. I think they spent more time on the commercials in reality it's borrrrrrring. I predict it will simply vanish from the airwaves very soon.
  11. EmmaL
    Sep 10, 2006
    The funniest thing is seeing names I recognize from the zaniest of fansites from QAF and Gale Harold. Fans (the word comes from 'fanatic', which says a lot) think that just because they share a delusion (that some celebrity is perfection on legs) everyone else will come to share it in time. Thus you have insane stalker-lunatics saying that Gale Harold is a good actor. Handsome, The funniest thing is seeing names I recognize from the zaniest of fansites from QAF and Gale Harold. Fans (the word comes from 'fanatic', which says a lot) think that just because they share a delusion (that some celebrity is perfection on legs) everyone else will come to share it in time. Thus you have insane stalker-lunatics saying that Gale Harold is a good actor. Handsome, yeah. Well-cast in QAF, yeah. But talented? Come on. Only to the deluded True Believers out there. Fans give TV viewers a bad rep as having no taste. Anyone who's not a fan has to admit this show isn't going to last. It's got bad acting, bad writing, and an overcomplicated premise. I love intensity ("Six Feet Under") and shows that aren't easy ("House"), but they have to do it well and have great writing as well. An actor being cute might be reason enough to watch "Smallville" (no effort required), but not something like "Vanished". Expand
  12. AlanK
    Sep 6, 2006
    This shows takes place in Atlanta. So how come no one has a southern accent? I lived in Atlanta for 13 years and I can tell you most people have an accent. I cannot imagine a senatorfrom Georgia without an accent. He wouldn't be elected.
  13. JustMe
    Sep 5, 2006
    Come on! What the heck was Fox thinking? This is a Without a Trace wanna be that doesn't even come close to the quality of the original. I think the majority of the positive ratings are all coming from people with the hots for the actors on the show and not the show itself.
  14. GR
    Sep 5, 2006
    I like most folks, tuned in to see Gale Harold. He had me hooked in QAF. I've stuck it out through 3 painful shows. The story line has some potential, but the characters are HORRIBLE!!! Especially Marcy, the senator's daughter. She has the IQ of a brick. I can't believe how much of an idiot she is. The brother too. I gave Vanished more than enough chances. Even the previews I like most folks, tuned in to see Gale Harold. He had me hooked in QAF. I've stuck it out through 3 painful shows. The story line has some potential, but the characters are HORRIBLE!!! Especially Marcy, the senator's daughter. She has the IQ of a brick. I can't believe how much of an idiot she is. The brother too. I gave Vanished more than enough chances. Even the previews for the next episode are boring. I hope this gets cancelled and then maybe, Gale can get something with more substance. Vanished is like the backwoods borderline retatrded cousin of 24. Expand
  15. ChristinaE
    Aug 30, 2006
    Sorry guys, I hear Gale Harold gets killed in episode five. That's the rumor...
  16. AE
    Aug 29, 2006
    Awful show!!! Boring characters, boring story. Show needs to be cancelled
  17. MarkS
    Aug 29, 2006
    Sounded boring in the ads and while watching it neither I nor my girlfriend could work up any enthusiasm over it. I hate to be impatient, but I was thoroughly uninterested and after 15 minutes moved on to watching something else. It might get good, but seems unlikely.
  18. darrylw
    Aug 28, 2006
    Boring, won't be tuning in again.
  19. LaurenP
    Aug 28, 2006
    Bored after 15 minutes
  20. AlgerB
    Aug 27, 2006
    Dumb and bland. Vanilla tv.
  21. FrankF
    Aug 27, 2006
    Cancel this guy so something better can air!
  22. SharonC
    Write it off off off!
  23. KimM
    Aug 27, 2006
    Poor quality. There's nothing to be interested in here.
  24. LesterH
    Aug 27, 2006
    Even the production design was terrible. C'mon--what does the network take us for, a bunch of idiots?
  25. JonathanG
    Aug 27, 2006
    Not well made. Not smart. Bad cast. Next.
  26. WilmaH
    Aug 27, 2006
    I give it until the new shows on other networks come out...then flame out.
  27. MichelleR
    This one's a stinker.
  28. VanessaC
    Aug 27, 2006
    Not so hot. After Wentworth, I'm out.
  29. EnderM
    Aug 27, 2006
    I just don't understand how some of the people's comments on this page are positive--that's absurd. This show is terrible.
  30. HarmonyC
    Bad bad bad bad bad.
  31. GranadaJ
    Aug 27, 2006
    Who would ever watch this again?
  32. AndrewC
    Aug 27, 2006
    Too much hype and no delievery. Weak cast. Obvious writing.
  33. AmyA
    Aug 27, 2006
    I predict it'll be cancelled soon.
  34. georgel
    Aug 27, 2006
    I think that Vanished is awful.
  35. LollyG
    Aug 26, 2006
    Not worth the time it took to change the channel.
  36. MandyF
    Aug 26, 2006
    I'll tune in one more time to see if it's as bad as the pilot...but that's it.
  37. XavierG
    Aug 26, 2006
    Not worth the effort to devote the time or energy to a critique.
  38. LeslieS
    Aug 26, 2006
    This show was so mediocre it derserves a zero, because it coulda been better and it coulda been worse. Sometimes ending up in the middle is as low as you can go, though.
  39. JoshZ
    Aug 26, 2006
    What a sense of false urgency this show conveys...and nothing really happens. This one's going away.
  40. GreyC
    Aug 26, 2006
    Is this what Fox is putting on the air these days? If so, please bring back the WB.
  41. AnnD
    Aug 26, 2006
    Not for me...and not for anyone else, in my opinion.
  42. FranL
    Didn't like it.
  43. AngeloA
    Aug 26, 2006
    The dialogue is ridiculous. Everybody does and says exactly what you'd expect. Total tv--and I don't mean that in a good way.
  44. ArnoldR
    Aug 26, 2006
    I give it another week, then it gets yanked. And we'll never know what happened...but this show is so stupid I don't care.
  45. PeterK
    Aug 26, 2006
    Everyone I knkow was excited for this show until they watched it. Like Snakes on a plane...overhyped and therefore even more disappointing.
  46. JeffT
    Aug 26, 2006
    Gale Harold is really lame. Total tv cast. This had the potential to be cool, but the casting was poor.
  47. JamieK
    Aug 26, 2006
    I know someone who works on this show and they say it is a disaster. they keep on bringing new people in because they don't know where it's going. Total misfire.
  48. DanH
    Aug 26, 2006
    What kind of producer thinks this is good tv? So many bad decisions were made...it lost me.
  49. ZachB
    Aug 26, 2006
    I may watch one more time to see if this week is as lame as last week.
  50. MichaelH
    Aug 25, 2006
    Didn't Josh Berman's last show fail, too?
  51. JenniferG
    Bad show.
  52. JeremyP
    Aug 25, 2006
    Why would anyone care about any of the characters on this show?
  53. ShawnaE
    Aug 25, 2006
    See ya vanished--too much hype and not enough substance.
  54. DougE
    Aug 25, 2006
    Don't like it, won't tune in again.
  55. RustyH
    Aug 25, 2006
    I'll see ya. I used to like Ming Na--why'd she sign up for this??!?!
  56. DavidM
    Aug 25, 2006
    I don't want to watch this again...once was enough for me. I hope that all the actors go on to other work, though--they deserve better than this material.
  57. TuckerZ
    Aug 25, 2006
    You know, I just can't say this one did anything for me. Waiting for the rest of the premieres of new shows in the next few weeks.
  58. JimmyL
    Aug 25, 2006
    Didn't like it at all..I wish that Fox had put as much work into the show as they have into the marketing.
  59. JasonH
    Aug 25, 2006
    I used to like Gale Harold, and Ming was great on er. But here they have little to do, and there's little hold one's interest.
  60. RebeccaS
    Aug 25, 2006
    One week is enough for me!
  61. ChristianK
    Aug 25, 2006
    Very poor show, do not tune into this one! I don't think it's gonna make it.
  62. ElisaC
    Aug 25, 2006
    What a stinky misfire! I was hoping for so much and got back so little!
  63. ErnieG
    Aug 25, 2006
    This one should not be seen by the general public.
  64. MarthaG
    Aug 25, 2006
    I won't make the joke that Vanish will vanish because I'm sure that will be played to death...but it should.
  65. ManuelR
    Aug 25, 2006
    Not creative and not cool. Felt very recycled.
  66. MaryC
    Aug 25, 2006
    Would not tune into this show again.
  67. MichaelF
    Aug 25, 2006
    Not as good as the rest of their line up. Hope it goes away.
  68. JakeJ
    Cancel it.
  69. LynetteB
    Aug 25, 2006
    Whatever happened to acting? To writing a good script? To strong direction? I saw none of any of this in Vanished.
  70. EllenP
    Aug 25, 2006
    I really did not like this show at all. Even the production value seemed poor to me.
  71. GermaineT
    Aug 25, 2006
    Who's the lead of this show? Ming or Gale Harold? There's like a weird split in point of view that left me confused about who the main character is.
  72. RandyD
    Aug 25, 2006
    Write it off! Write it off! Write it off!
  73. GeorgeA
    Aug 25, 2006
    If these are supposed to be characters you love to hate, then that's good 'cause I hated all of them!
  74. EmmetL
    Aug 25, 2006
    I read somewhere that it's as if a film school class put a television show together and called it Vanished, and that was exactly my impression.
  75. ChadT
    Aug 25, 2006
    How can some of the comments above be so positive? Were you people not watching the same show I was? If you want to watch good television, watch Six Feet Under or the first season of Lost or 24. Not Vanished.
  76. AriE
    Aug 25, 2006
    Didn't like it. I give ikt four more weeks til Fox pulls the plug.
  77. JonG
    Aug 25, 2006
    Pass...trust me on this one--we can all do better things with our time.
  78. EmmaW
    Aug 25, 2006
    The women characters in this show are all pathetic. Ming Na is just there to point things out to Gale Harold, and Rebecca Gayheart seems like an ambitious slut. The daughter of the senator is running around with some bad guy. How about some positive female role models?
  79. GerryB
    Aug 25, 2006
    This is Josh Berman's second shot and it should be his last. It's a shoddily written and constructed show that seems like recycled tv.
  80. DougA
    Aug 24, 2006
    How could anybody like this show, and why would anyone ever watch it again after last week's dismal debut! Let's have some standards people.
  81. ArnoldK
    Aug 24, 2006
    I wonder why all the worst shows are so aptly named. You think Hollywood could learn its lesson.
  82. EvanP
    Aug 24, 2006
    Yikes! Bad tv alert! It's vanished.
  83. EmilyW
    Aug 24, 2006
    Vanished was a big disappointment for me, probably because I was looking forward to it so much. Maybe if my expectations were lower I could've liked it more.
  84. JimmyC
    Aug 24, 2006
    What's that smell...oh good, it vanished.
  85. RichardR
    Aug 24, 2006
    Pull the plug and put the show and us out of our misery....please.
  86. GaryH
    Aug 24, 2006
    Why are all the characters in this show so old? I though Fox was supposed to be a young hip network! At least Prison Break has Wentworth Miller....
  87. ArthurL
    Aug 24, 2006
    Can't believe that Fox would air this show. They should've reshot it, and recast Gale Harold, who really has changes since queer as folk. He looks heavy.
  88. PhilipJ
    Aug 24, 2006
    Bad bad bad television with a lower-case "t". I can't believe anyone would watch this show. Why?
  89. AdamL
    Aug 24, 2006
    I can't wait for the other shows to debut in a couple of weeks--at least tehn we will have some other options!
  90. BobD
    Aug 24, 2006
    I thought Mimi Leder's direction was awful. Frenetic and obvious--if you have an ounce of taste, pass on this one. There's no reason to tune in.
  91. LisaT
    Aug 24, 2006
    I watched it last week and I will definitely not watch again. Boring, pretentious, and slow. I don't think any of the actors are any good, and the writing was silly.
  92. EmileR
    Aug 24, 2006
    This show is going down.
  93. michaelc
    Aug 23, 2006
    This one's gonna die on the vine. And fox made a big mistake to launch it early--everybody I know is on vacation. Who's watching tv yet? Network strategy=backfire. Although, maybe they wanted to bury it because let's face it, it's weak.
  94. ZeldaG
    Aug 23, 2006
    The ratings say it all. This show is a flop and it deserves to be. Someone said that the whole Da Vinci code/kidnapping mystery doesn't mix, and I agree. What a feathered fish!
  95. KenA
    W
  96. CharisM
    Aug 23, 2006
    I feel like I am being force fed fast food by the network when they pump this drivel down our throats and into our minds. The shameless self-promotion and chest-thumping about how great thes how is, when it's just plain mediocre, is ridiculous. Why can't the product be as strong as the marketing? Then, the marketing would be justified--and real--which this show decidedly isn't.
  97. DMR
    Aug 23, 2006
    Wow. I hope that all the Gale fans out in world end up watching this show, because it's going to get canceled pretty darn quickly.
  98. SandjarK
    Aug 22, 2006
    It's a rediculous show of the "Davinci Code" type, meaning that must have looked much better on paper. The dialogues are cheesy and performances are just downright bad.
  99. AndrewM
    Aug 22, 2006
    Wow, this show was boring. The characters have no personality whatsoever.
  100. KarenC
    Aug 22, 2006
    Vanished should vanish as quickly as possible.

This is what you'd get if Without a Trace somehow turned into a cartoonish conspiracy chase thriller.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Lacking "Prison Break's" tough milieu and its initial narrative drive, "Vanished" doesn't exactly scream "Watch me." Nevertheless, it's polished enough and very much a work in progress.
  3. The pilot moves along at a cracking pace, introducing new clues and characters and settings so fast that it's very tempting to sit back and enjoy the ride, ludicrous though some of it may be.