Vanished : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Aug 21, 2006
5.0

1. AmyA
    Aug 27, 2006
    I predict it'll be cancelled soon.
  2. LuisL
    Horrible, no thanks.
  3. MiguelQ
    Oct 9, 2006
    Bad enough...now add 'Esai Morales' and call if Cancelled.
  4. SandjarK
    Aug 22, 2006
    It's a rediculous show of the "Davinci Code" type, meaning that must have looked much better on paper. The dialogues are cheesy and performances are just downright bad.
  5. GerryB
    Aug 25, 2006
    This is Josh Berman's second shot and it should be his last. It's a shoddily written and constructed show that seems like recycled tv.
  6. EmmetL
    Aug 25, 2006
    I read somewhere that it's as if a film school class put a television show together and called it Vanished, and that was exactly my impression.
  7. AndrewC
    Aug 27, 2006
    Too much hype and no delievery. Weak cast. Obvious writing.
  8. ChristinaE
    Aug 30, 2006
    Sorry guys, I hear Gale Harold gets killed in episode five. That's the rumor...
  9. RosaR
    Oct 9, 2006
    Poor Script, not worth watching...All they have to do is add an 'amateur' actor like Esai Morales...then the series will 'Vanish.'
  10. SaraP
    Awful....
  11. AlmaS
    Oct 9, 2006
    Should be re-named 'Cancelled'
  12. RachaelS
    Aug 20, 2006
    Someone said that Gale Herold is the only good lead actor on TV now. Hello? Kiefer Sutherland from 24? James Gandolfini from Sopranos? Hugh Laurie on House, Matt Fox on LOST? you think Gale is comparable to these award winning actors? Who ever thinks this, you're insane. He's okay, but he's the only decent actor on this show, and the acting and writing is bad compared to Someone said that Gale Herold is the only good lead actor on TV now. Hello? Kiefer Sutherland from 24? James Gandolfini from Sopranos? Hugh Laurie on House, Matt Fox on LOST? you think Gale is comparable to these award winning actors? Who ever thinks this, you're insane. He's okay, but he's the only decent actor on this show, and the acting and writing is bad compared to the other shows that I've just listed. Expand
  13. GeorgeV
    Aug 20, 2006
    Is it better than CSI? No. Better than Without a Trace? No. Has Fox gone insane by comparing mediocre shows like PrisonBreak and now, Vanished, to true gems like 24? Probably. The only decent show FOX has now is 24. That's it.
  14. JakeJ
    Cancel it.
  15. LynetteB
    Aug 25, 2006
    Whatever happened to acting? To writing a good script? To strong direction? I saw none of any of this in Vanished.
  16. RebeccaS
    Aug 25, 2006
    One week is enough for me!
  17. JenniferG
    Bad show.
  18. MichaelH
    Aug 25, 2006
    Didn't Josh Berman's last show fail, too?
  19. AnnD
    Aug 26, 2006
    Not for me...and not for anyone else, in my opinion.
  20. GreyC
    Aug 26, 2006
    Is this what Fox is putting on the air these days? If so, please bring back the WB.
  21. JoshZ
    Aug 26, 2006
    What a sense of false urgency this show conveys...and nothing really happens. This one's going away.
  22. GranadaJ
    Aug 27, 2006
    Who would ever watch this again?
  23. HarmonyC
    Bad bad bad bad bad.
  24. EnderM
    Aug 27, 2006
    I just don't understand how some of the people's comments on this page are positive--that's absurd. This show is terrible.
  25. VanessaC
    Aug 27, 2006
    Not so hot. After Wentworth, I'm out.
  26. MichelleR
    This one's a stinker.
  27. WilmaH
    Aug 27, 2006
    I give it until the new shows on other networks come out...then flame out.
  28. JonathanG
    Aug 27, 2006
    Not well made. Not smart. Bad cast. Next.
  29. LesterH
    Aug 27, 2006
    Even the production design was terrible. C'mon--what does the network take us for, a bunch of idiots?
  30. LaurenP
    Aug 28, 2006
    Bored after 15 minutes
  31. MarkS
    Aug 29, 2006
    Sounded boring in the ads and while watching it neither I nor my girlfriend could work up any enthusiasm over it. I hate to be impatient, but I was thoroughly uninterested and after 15 minutes moved on to watching something else. It might get good, but seems unlikely.
  32. PhilS
    Sep 12, 2006
    they hyped it so much. I think they spent more time on the commercials in reality it's borrrrrrring. I predict it will simply vanish from the airwaves very soon.
  33. JustMe
    Sep 5, 2006
    Come on! What the heck was Fox thinking? This is a Without a Trace wanna be that doesn't even come close to the quality of the original. I think the majority of the positive ratings are all coming from people with the hots for the actors on the show and not the show itself.
  34. GR
    Sep 5, 2006
    I like most folks, tuned in to see Gale Harold. He had me hooked in QAF. I've stuck it out through 3 painful shows. The story line has some potential, but the characters are HORRIBLE!!! Especially Marcy, the senator's daughter. She has the IQ of a brick. I can't believe how much of an idiot she is. The brother too. I gave Vanished more than enough chances. Even the previews I like most folks, tuned in to see Gale Harold. He had me hooked in QAF. I've stuck it out through 3 painful shows. The story line has some potential, but the characters are HORRIBLE!!! Especially Marcy, the senator's daughter. She has the IQ of a brick. I can't believe how much of an idiot she is. The brother too. I gave Vanished more than enough chances. Even the previews for the next episode are boring. I hope this gets cancelled and then maybe, Gale can get something with more substance. Vanished is like the backwoods borderline retatrded cousin of 24. Expand
  35. AlanK
    Sep 6, 2006
    This shows takes place in Atlanta. So how come no one has a southern accent? I lived in Atlanta for 13 years and I can tell you most people have an accent. I cannot imagine a senatorfrom Georgia without an accent. He wouldn't be elected.
  36. ElliotM
    Dec 2, 2006
    Well, thank god the worst show of all time has been cancelled. The writing, directing, and most particularly, the acting, absolutely sucked. None of these actors should ever be cast again, particularly the ones playing the daughter and her boyfriend. They were especially awful. I hope never to see them again.
  37. SusanL
    Forget about it!
  38. LisaR
    Horrible!!!!!
  39. AdamR
    Aug 21, 2006
    Ming Na should na be working.
  40. JohnK
    Aug 21, 2006
    Yuch!!!!! Avoid at all costs!!
  41. wendellw
    Aug 21, 2006
    I saw this pilot early...boy it is in search on everything else on TV!!! You'd thnk those folks in Hollywood could find something better to do with their time than make stuff like this...
    Aug 20, 2006
    I hated Prison Break. I love 24. Now this new show is being compared to both. It can be compared to Prison Break, but not 24. It's bland, with one decent actor who they actually took from 24, and the stupid ancient mystery surrounding the plot is dumb.
  43. TylerT
    Aug 20, 2006
    A train-wreck of a show. Like Prison Break, every one expected a huge hit to follow in 24's footsteps, but fails. By the way guys, one actor cant make a show a perfect 10 out of 10. Maybe you should watch some GOOD shows before you hand out 10's to every random show you watch, especially if you've seen a single episode only.
  44. CanadianDude
    Aug 20, 2006
    I tried to watch the entire episode, and it was okay, but not worth watching. DEFINITELY not worth a 10. Maybe if they had a candian actor like Sutherland in 24.....Just kidding, but seriously, this show is FAR from perfect.
  45. KeithA
    I hated it!
  46. KarenC
    Aug 22, 2006
    Vanished should vanish as quickly as possible.
  47. ElllenS
    Aug 22, 2006
    This was a terrible show!
  48. JoshE
    Aug 22, 2006
    Saw it last night--sucked!
  49. AndrewM
    Aug 22, 2006
    Wow, this show was boring. The characters have no personality whatsoever.
  50. CharisM
    Aug 23, 2006
    I feel like I am being force fed fast food by the network when they pump this drivel down our throats and into our minds. The shameless self-promotion and chest-thumping about how great thes how is, when it's just plain mediocre, is ridiculous. Why can't the product be as strong as the marketing? Then, the marketing would be justified--and real--which this show decidedly isn't.
  51. EmileR
    Aug 24, 2006
    This show is going down.
  52. LisaT
    Aug 24, 2006
    I watched it last week and I will definitely not watch again. Boring, pretentious, and slow. I don't think any of the actors are any good, and the writing was silly.
  53. BobD
    Aug 24, 2006
    I thought Mimi Leder's direction was awful. Frenetic and obvious--if you have an ounce of taste, pass on this one. There's no reason to tune in.
  54. AdamL
    Aug 24, 2006
    I can't wait for the other shows to debut in a couple of weeks--at least tehn we will have some other options!
  55. PhilipJ
    Aug 24, 2006
    Bad bad bad television with a lower-case "t". I can't believe anyone would watch this show. Why?
  56. ArthurL
    Aug 24, 2006
    Can't believe that Fox would air this show. They should've reshot it, and recast Gale Harold, who really has changes since queer as folk. He looks heavy.
  57. GaryH
    Aug 24, 2006
    Why are all the characters in this show so old? I though Fox was supposed to be a young hip network! At least Prison Break has Wentworth Miller....
  58. RichardR
    Aug 24, 2006
    Pull the plug and put the show and us out of our misery....please.
  59. JimmyC
    Aug 24, 2006
    What's that smell...oh good, it vanished.
  60. EmilyW
    Aug 24, 2006
    Vanished was a big disappointment for me, probably because I was looking forward to it so much. Maybe if my expectations were lower I could've liked it more.
  61. EvanP
    Aug 24, 2006
    Yikes! Bad tv alert! It's vanished.
  62. ArnoldK
    Aug 24, 2006
    I wonder why all the worst shows are so aptly named. You think Hollywood could learn its lesson.
  63. DougA
    Aug 24, 2006
    How could anybody like this show, and why would anyone ever watch it again after last week's dismal debut! Let's have some standards people.
  64. GermaineT
    Aug 25, 2006
    Who's the lead of this show? Ming or Gale Harold? There's like a weird split in point of view that left me confused about who the main character is.
  65. MaryC
    Aug 25, 2006
    Would not tune into this show again.
  66. ManuelR
    Aug 25, 2006
    Not creative and not cool. Felt very recycled.
  67. ErnieG
    Aug 25, 2006
    This one should not be seen by the general public.
  68. ElisaC
    Aug 25, 2006
    What a stinky misfire! I was hoping for so much and got back so little!
  69. ChristianK
    Aug 25, 2006
    Very poor show, do not tune into this one! I don't think it's gonna make it.
  70. JimmyL
    Aug 25, 2006
    Didn't like it at all..I wish that Fox had put as much work into the show as they have into the marketing.
  71. TuckerZ
    Aug 25, 2006
    You know, I just can't say this one did anything for me. Waiting for the rest of the premieres of new shows in the next few weeks.
  72. JeremyP
    Aug 25, 2006
    Why would anyone care about any of the characters on this show?
  73. EmmaW
    Aug 25, 2006
    The women characters in this show are all pathetic. Ming Na is just there to point things out to Gale Harold, and Rebecca Gayheart seems like an ambitious slut. The daughter of the senator is running around with some bad guy. How about some positive female role models?
  74. JonG
    Aug 25, 2006
    Pass...trust me on this one--we can all do better things with our time.
  75. AriE
    Aug 25, 2006
    Didn't like it. I give ikt four more weeks til Fox pulls the plug.
  76. ChadT
    Aug 25, 2006
    How can some of the comments above be so positive? Were you people not watching the same show I was? If you want to watch good television, watch Six Feet Under or the first season of Lost or 24. Not Vanished.
  77. GeorgeA
    Aug 25, 2006
    If these are supposed to be characters you love to hate, then that's good 'cause I hated all of them!
  78. ZachB
    Aug 26, 2006
    I may watch one more time to see if this week is as lame as last week.
  79. FranL
    Didn't like it.
  80. LeslieS
    Aug 26, 2006
    This show was so mediocre it derserves a zero, because it coulda been better and it coulda been worse. Sometimes ending up in the middle is as low as you can go, though.
  81. XavierG
    Aug 26, 2006
    Not worth the effort to devote the time or energy to a critique.
  82. MandyF
    Aug 26, 2006
    I'll tune in one more time to see if it's as bad as the pilot...but that's it.
  83. LollyG
    Aug 26, 2006
    Not worth the time it took to change the channel.
  84. georgel
    Aug 27, 2006
    I think that Vanished is awful.
  85. KimM
    Aug 27, 2006
    Poor quality. There's nothing to be interested in here.
  86. darrylw
    Aug 28, 2006
    Boring, won't be tuning in again.
  87. AE
    Aug 29, 2006
    Awful show!!! Boring characters, boring story. Show needs to be cancelled
  88. EmmaL
    Sep 10, 2006
    The funniest thing is seeing names I recognize from the zaniest of fansites from QAF and Gale Harold. Fans (the word comes from 'fanatic', which says a lot) think that just because they share a delusion (that some celebrity is perfection on legs) everyone else will come to share it in time. Thus you have insane stalker-lunatics saying that Gale Harold is a good actor. Handsome, The funniest thing is seeing names I recognize from the zaniest of fansites from QAF and Gale Harold. Fans (the word comes from 'fanatic', which says a lot) think that just because they share a delusion (that some celebrity is perfection on legs) everyone else will come to share it in time. Thus you have insane stalker-lunatics saying that Gale Harold is a good actor. Handsome, yeah. Well-cast in QAF, yeah. But talented? Come on. Only to the deluded True Believers out there. Fans give TV viewers a bad rep as having no taste. Anyone who's not a fan has to admit this show isn't going to last. It's got bad acting, bad writing, and an overcomplicated premise. I love intensity ("Six Feet Under") and shows that aren't easy ("House"), but they have to do it well and have great writing as well. An actor being cute might be reason enough to watch "Smallville" (no effort required), but not something like "Vanished". Expand
  89. peterm
    Sep 13, 2006
    The worest show yet from fox. where is 24?
  90. JohnT
    Sucks!
  91. KeithR
    Aug 21, 2006
    SAw the pilot, whatta turkey!!!!
  92. DavidB
    Aug 21, 2006
    Gale Harold is a loser, and Rebecca Gayheart does not know how to act.
  93. BillyT
    Aug 22, 2006
    Boy the casting in this one was just terrible.
  94. DMR
    Aug 23, 2006
    Wow. I hope that all the Gale fans out in world end up watching this show, because it's going to get canceled pretty darn quickly.
  95. KenA
    W
  96. ZeldaG
    Aug 23, 2006
    The ratings say it all. This show is a flop and it deserves to be. Someone said that the whole Da Vinci code/kidnapping mystery doesn't mix, and I agree. What a feathered fish!
  97. michaelc
    Aug 23, 2006
    This one's gonna die on the vine. And fox made a big mistake to launch it early--everybody I know is on vacation. Who's watching tv yet? Network strategy=backfire. Although, maybe they wanted to bury it because let's face it, it's weak.
  98. RandyD
    Aug 25, 2006
    Write it off! Write it off! Write it off!
  99. EllenP
    Aug 25, 2006
    I really did not like this show at all. Even the production value seemed poor to me.
  100. JakeJ
    Cancel it.

This is what you'd get if Without a Trace somehow turned into a cartoonish conspiracy chase thriller.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Lacking "Prison Break's" tough milieu and its initial narrative drive, "Vanished" doesn't exactly scream "Watch me." Nevertheless, it's polished enough and very much a work in progress.
  3. The pilot moves along at a cracking pace, introducing new clues and characters and settings so fast that it's very tempting to sit back and enjoy the ride, ludicrous though some of it may be.