Vanished : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Aug 21, 2006
5.0

1. AmyA
    Aug 27, 2006
    I predict it'll be cancelled soon.
  2. LuisL
    Horrible, no thanks.
  3. MiguelQ
    Oct 9, 2006
    Bad enough...now add 'Esai Morales' and call if Cancelled.
  4. SandjarK
    Aug 22, 2006
    It's a rediculous show of the "Davinci Code" type, meaning that must have looked much better on paper. The dialogues are cheesy and performances are just downright bad.
  5. GerryB
    Aug 25, 2006
    This is Josh Berman's second shot and it should be his last. It's a shoddily written and constructed show that seems like recycled tv.
  6. EmmetL
    Aug 25, 2006
    I read somewhere that it's as if a film school class put a television show together and called it Vanished, and that was exactly my impression.
  7. AndrewC
    Aug 27, 2006
    Too much hype and no delievery. Weak cast. Obvious writing.
  8. ChristinaE
    Aug 30, 2006
    Sorry guys, I hear Gale Harold gets killed in episode five. That's the rumor...
  9. RosaR
    Oct 9, 2006
    Poor Script, not worth watching...All they have to do is add an 'amateur' actor like Esai Morales...then the series will 'Vanish.'
  10. SaraP
    Awful....
  11. AlmaS
    Oct 9, 2006
    Should be re-named 'Cancelled'
  12. RachaelS
    Aug 20, 2006
    Someone said that Gale Herold is the only good lead actor on TV now. Hello? Kiefer Sutherland from 24? James Gandolfini from Sopranos? Hugh Laurie on House, Matt Fox on LOST? you think Gale is comparable to these award winning actors? Who ever thinks this, you're insane. He's okay, but he's the only decent actor on this show, and the acting and writing is bad compared to Someone said that Gale Herold is the only good lead actor on TV now. Hello? Kiefer Sutherland from 24? James Gandolfini from Sopranos? Hugh Laurie on House, Matt Fox on LOST? you think Gale is comparable to these award winning actors? Who ever thinks this, you're insane. He's okay, but he's the only decent actor on this show, and the acting and writing is bad compared to the other shows that I've just listed. Expand
  13. GeorgeV
    Aug 20, 2006
    Is it better than CSI? No. Better than Without a Trace? No. Has Fox gone insane by comparing mediocre shows like PrisonBreak and now, Vanished, to true gems like 24? Probably. The only decent show FOX has now is 24. That's it.
  14. JakeJ
    Aug 22, 2006
    Cancel it.
  15. LynetteB
    Aug 25, 2006
    Whatever happened to acting? To writing a good script? To strong direction? I saw none of any of this in Vanished.
  16. RebeccaS
    Aug 25, 2006
    One week is enough for me!
  17. JenniferG
    Bad show.
  18. MichaelH
    Aug 25, 2006
    Didn't Josh Berman's last show fail, too?
  19. AnnD
    Aug 26, 2006
    Not for me...and not for anyone else, in my opinion.
  20. GreyC
    Aug 26, 2006
    Is this what Fox is putting on the air these days? If so, please bring back the WB.
  21. JoshZ
    Aug 26, 2006
    What a sense of false urgency this show conveys...and nothing really happens. This one's going away.
  22. GranadaJ
    Aug 27, 2006
    Who would ever watch this again?
  23. HarmonyC
    Bad bad bad bad bad.
  24. EnderM
    Aug 27, 2006
    I just don't understand how some of the people's comments on this page are positive--that's absurd. This show is terrible.
  25. VanessaC
    Aug 27, 2006
    Not so hot. After Wentworth, I'm out.
  26. MichelleR
    This one's a stinker.
  27. WilmaH
    Aug 27, 2006
    I give it until the new shows on other networks come out...then flame out.
  28. JonathanG
    Aug 27, 2006
    Not well made. Not smart. Bad cast. Next.
  29. LesterH
    Aug 27, 2006
    Even the production design was terrible. C'mon--what does the network take us for, a bunch of idiots?
  30. LaurenP
    Aug 28, 2006
    Bored after 15 minutes

This is what you'd get if Without a Trace somehow turned into a cartoonish conspiracy chase thriller.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Lacking "Prison Break's" tough milieu and its initial narrative drive, "Vanished" doesn't exactly scream "Watch me." Nevertheless, it's polished enough and very much a work in progress.
  3. The pilot moves along at a cracking pace, introducing new clues and characters and settings so fast that it's very tempting to sit back and enjoy the ride, ludicrous though some of it may be.