Veep : Season 3

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 22, 2012
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.1

1. Apr 8, 2014
    A brilliant show led by Comedic God Julia Louis-Dreyfus, each season proves to be better than the previous one. The writing is great, the cast is perfect. If this show doesn't win Best Comedy Series at The Emmys, I am going to be mad.
  2. May 25, 2014
    Each season has gotten funnier and the situations make it a hilarious political satire. Very well written and the acting is outstanding! Julia Louis-Dreyfus is perfect for her character and it shows in every episode!
  3. May 31, 2014
    One of the best written and acted sitcoms on TV, The cast is amazing, particularly Dreyfus, Hale, and Chlumsky. And it gets better and better as it goes on
  4. Jul 20, 2014
    The show is the Winter Olympics that's geared to a certain group compared to all the Summer Olympic programming out there that try to appeal to the masses. I'll watch a few episodes and just feel like I wasn't invited to the party, got in because I had a friend who needed a plus one, and the show will just talk about you behind your back when you leave. It's incredibly smart, it's justThe show is the Winter Olympics that's geared to a certain group compared to all the Summer Olympic programming out there that try to appeal to the masses. I'll watch a few episodes and just feel like I wasn't invited to the party, got in because I had a friend who needed a plus one, and the show will just talk about you behind your back when you leave. It's incredibly smart, it's just hard to find many of the characters likable. Unlike a show like Silicon Valley, where you're introduced to a world within a world and you may know very little about the content structure they find ways to let you in, gives the characters common flaws that you can relate too and makes them genuine, Veeps characters seem like they want little to do with you.

In the end not every show has to be catered to everyone. I almost watch this show as a homework assignment, just understand the content and if I ever run into that conversation at a party I'll have an idea on the subject matter, but will probably keep my opinion of it to myself. The fans don't need my take, the show has a bright future and there is little that it should change, its good to have programming that isn't dumbed-down. You don't get the show tough luck, you can either stick around and eventually you'll get it or you can just go back to watching sports center or another talent show that produces one hit wonders..
  5. Oct 31, 2014
    So funny. So witty. So well acted. So well written. Here is to our foul-mouthed, mean, and cynical Selina. The campaign trail has truly brought out the best in "Veep".
  6. Jan 12, 2015
    I'm glad to see others didn't find this season as funny as the previous two. I was a little stressed when it had originally aired, so I figured maybe it was just me. But I've recently gone back and watched the first 5 episodes and the humor wasn't there. Too much trash talk that wouldn't land. I still gave it a 9 to not bring down its score but hopefully it bounces back.

1. Reviewed by: Jeff Jensen
    Apr 9, 2014
    Line for outrageous line, Veep is still a wickedly funny gut-buster. Yet while I could relate to Selina the perpetually marginalized chump, flailing to advance, Selina the stumping, power-grabbing candidate risks confusion.
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Molloy
    Apr 8, 2014
    The show works because all of its actors seem so human, so likeable, despite the words coming from their mouths.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Apr 4, 2014
    The show's as cynical as ever, but it doesn't feel nearly as empty. Selina's more of an actual character--and has become an accomplished slinger of four-letter verbiage in her own right--and even if the team's screw-ups remain inevitable, the ways in which they screw up feel far less predictable.